Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Its been a long time coming but I have finally managed to get some good shots of my Gti.

I bought the car around 5 months ago now when it had covered 53,000 miles. I havent done alot to the car to be honest other than have the front and rear bumpers smoothed. Few other little bits such as the red grille piping, replacement GTI front badge, Pressed plates from Dubmeister (not yet fitted) and a few other bits & bobs.

Cambelt tensioners went at 57,000! £470 :| Ouch! its also had some welding done to the rear and centre exhaust brackets because they were rattling. Next plan for the car is to get a nice set of 16" BBS RX 2's to replace the tarnished original 15"s and then get it lowered on Coilovers ,not too low though because I live in the sticks (North Wales).

Lots of other plans for the car but money is tight at the moment so it might take me a while to get the car to how I want it to look. My Gti has also got the OEM Leather interior which is nice :D with the heated seats of course 8)

Thanks for looking and your comments will be welcome.

Image 8)
Last edited by 6N2 GTI 00 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Pleb
New

Re: Ben's Polo GTI Progress Thread

Post by Pleb »

mmm looks shiny! Very nice. Personally i would get a black front badge for it and put the number plate lower.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Pleb wrote:mmm looks shiny! Very nice. Personally i would get a black front badge for it and put the number plate lower.
Cheers Mate. Yeah I am thinking of going lower with the plate, just in the process of getting some brackets made for it.
I bought some pressed plates for it with the GB band and the Wolfsburg ABT Tuning surrounds so hopefully that will set it off.
Had a good think about the Black front badges but I think they only suit the Silver and the Red Gti's, not keen on the black badges on a black Gti but its all personal taste.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking good mate!!

Black, 3-door and Leathers= best choice!

I agree with keeping the silver badge, definitely.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Tim_GTi wrote:Looking good mate!!

Black, 3-door and Leathers= best choice!

I agree with keeping the silver badge, definitely.
Cheers Tim,

Yeah the Black with Silver looks the business when its polished.

I spent a while looking for a black 3dr with leather and when this one came along I snapped it up. Got it from near Fishguard, 1 lady owner from new. The women who owned it is a presenter on Chelsea FC TV and the reason she sold it was because it looked "cheap" compared to the other cars in the parking lot. Not suprsing when most Chelsea players are on 100K a Week.
6N2 GTI 00

Re: Ben's Polo GTI Progress Thread - UPDATE! pics to follow

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Right its been a while but there have been some serious changes to the car in the last 3 months.
I will post the update pics on the weekend when It comes back from Demon Tweeks

Fitted - :D
DUBMEISTER Pressed Plates with GB Band & ABT Wolfsburg Holders
BBS RXII 16" Alloys with Toyo Proxes T1R's 195/40/R16 Tyres
BMC CDA Induction Kit
Raceland 4-2-1 Manifold (Heat Wrapped with Thermo Tec Black rap)

Ordered - 8)
Power Flow Cat Back System
BM Performanc CAT
B&M Short Shifter
SPAX RSX fully adjustable Coilovers
EBC Turbo fornt & rear drilled and grooved discs
EBC front & Rear Green Stuff Pads

I will post some pics up on the weekend after the exhaust has been fitted.
Coilovers, Short Shifter and Brakes wont be fitted for atleast 2 weeks but they will be delivered next week.

It sounds like alot of money has been spent in a short period but these have been in the Polo saving account since September last year. Cant wait to get the car back on Saturday afternoon.

It just requires window tints to the 3 back windows and a custom code re-map from P-Torque in wolverhampton.

Some pics will be posted tomorrow and Saturday. :D
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Liking the sound of that mate! Looking forward to pics and dyno results :) 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers Tim,

Yeah be nice to see what the result is, to be honest though I would be chuffed it was 140BHP or over.

No doubt it will reduce the life of my gearbox but I wont loose any sleep over it :D

ill try and get some video's posted as well, one concern is how loud the exhaust will be.
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Hows the manifold then mate? Is it all on then?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Sorry about that it should of been in the "fitting" list part.

Its been all been preparted ready though, got my mate to weld the parts that I dont need and its all been wrapped up.
Just waiting for the Gasket to be delivered by Volks-Apart and it can hopefully be fitted tomorrow then.

Shame to wrap it because it looked so nice.

I will get some pics up this weekend.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Few updates:
Progress has been very slow of late due to financial problems but I am hopin to get things moving these next couple of weeks. The Manifold has been welded & heatwrapped so that should be fitted on Pay Day along with the Powerflow exhaust system. Venom Motorsport have messed me around with my Coilovers and I am still waiting for some parts to be delivered from SPAX so they have been sitting there for a few weeks now.

The EBC pads & discs will be fitted on the same day as the coilovers so I am hoping they will be done in the next 10 days.
One thing I have fitted is the BMC CDA which sounds lovely! Still running the OEM air feed at the moment so as you can Imagine I havent heard its full potential yet :D

Parts Still need fitting also include the B&M Short shifter and the OMP upper strut brace but all will be done in due course.

Other new bits include
- Stubby Aerial
- Audi TT pedals
- New grille & red piping (after 9 years on the car the original grille was looking its age)

My Brother also decided to drive his Golf into the side of my bumper on monday so it now needs the rear bumper completely re-spraying! The damage wasnt too bad but it cracked the seam on the bumper so that will have to re-done again and then re-sprayed. I have been quoted £110 for the repair which isnt too bad but my bro is paying for it so I dont care :D

Few pics of new parts :D

Work in Progress....

Ben
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

fitting the manifold is an absolute dog mate, the extra pipe u get with the manifold u have to weld onto the cat!

I have got rid off the cat for now as i need a sports cat as the noise is to much, u also need to drill out the first 4 holes in the manifold so it fits!

U going to fit it yourself? or you getting the garage to do it all for ya?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Yeah iv heard its a right nightmare to fit.

I have bought a new gasket off volksapart so me and my mate are going to have a look at it next weekend and possibly do it there and then. Failing that ill get Demon Tweeks to have a go, they are doing the exhaust for me so it would be ideal if they do them both at the same time.

You have to bore out the 4 ports then? I thought it was a direct fit or do you have to bore it out a little more?

Nothing is straight forward on the Polo GTI :x

Ben
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Not the ports just the holes in the manifold were the bolts go in to hold it to the engine, use some wd40 on the bolts when removing aswell dude!

The original manifold is in 2 parts, i would undo the other 4 bolts were the first lamda unit is that pipe the 1 bit if you get me?

Then you can relese both parts,

Do all the donkey work like removing it all and then give it to the garage as if you dont have the welding skills or welder i would deffo not do it!

The drilling out of the holes is a nightmare aswell dude as stainless is harder than mahamed im hard bruce f*****g lee!

Get the garage to do it mate! Alot less hastle! and a sports cat with the lamda probe welded in after the cat!

the raceland manifold is a great price but thats it, just the price lol :lol:

:?: ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK :?:
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers mate really appreciate your help

I am not very good with a welder to be honest, limited experience so I wouldnt attempt it. My mate is a good mechanic so I am sure he can help me out with the majority of the work. Like you say though get the prep work done first and then let the garage do the rest.

Yeah mate stainless is a nightmare lol, luckily for me my dad works in the toolroom for an engineering firm so I can get him to do the holes in the manifold.

Yeah mate got my raceland for £168 including VAT from Kam racing which I thought was quite good. Some company on eBay was selling it for £220 plus £20 postage so I am glad that Kam got some more stock.

Just hope it all goes well, cant wait to hear the exhaust note when the raceland and powerflow are fitted. Then getting it re-mapped by Angel Tuning for £235.00 8)

Thanks again for your help

Ben