TROTTA'S Audi TT Quattro sport 240 thread,UPDATED!.*

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

TROTTA'S Audi TT Quattro sport 240 thread,UPDATED!.*

Post by Trottagti »

Going to be fitting next week but im going to do a photo guide on a 6n2 and like where to bend and everything to do with the fitting of one,
Including extending the lambda sensor and possible decat guide aswell!

This is how it looks at the minuit,

Last edited by Trottagti on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 143 times in total.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: My new Raceland manifold tinkerd and polished! PICS!

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking good mate, guide would be good.
Trottagti

Re: My new Raceland manifold tinkerd and polished! PICS!

Post by Trottagti »

Cheers buddy, got alot todo this weekend like extend my lambda wire and remove the heat shield and crack off the manifold bolts to loosen them up abit so i dont snap them in the engine if u get what i mean,

Forgot to say iv removed the raceland spot welded on tab and the airbox feed tube because it looks ten times better like this,

There is another part on the manifold i want to remove also i think its not needed???

This,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Think its an air temperature sensor???

And iv got my brakes fitted aswell now, black diamond all around drilled and grooved!

And my mates 279bhp DIESEL IBIZA WITH 400FT OF TORQUE and water meth injection, bigger turbo, internals, single mass fly wheel, and a massive remap and custom intake and to much to list really, guy has spent silly money on this and i did all the lime green bits lol!

6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: My new Raceland manifold tinkerd and polished! UPDATE! PICS!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

The Manifold looks quality all polished up in fairness,

Mine is being delivered either tomorrow or Monday! Can't wait to get it fitted, mine is going to be fully heat wrapped though (black) so it wont look as nice but should help keep things alot cooler under the bonnet.

I will post some pics up as soon as its fitted

Ben
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah i was going to wrap it in white wrap but decided i like the shinnyness lol,

I am also going to make a heat sheild for the alternator as i rekon that will heat up a tad!

cheers!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Decided to remove the rear seats and belts today and my sub as i want it all light, might be putting the sub back in, but in the spare wheel and hide it with carpet!

Will be removing the rear carpet and making some new ones that fit better around the rear suspension tops!

Not finished at all but i will be having some buckets soon, if any1 knows off any?
Trottagti

Re: My new Raceland manifold tinkerd and polished! UPDATE 0.2

Post by Trottagti »

Removed my air temp sensor today, ready to be welded up tomorow as i ran out of time,

then i started to grind away the rest of the weld with my grindet,

Once i did that i started to remove the rest off the nasty weldind ready to be filled with some weld tomorow and shaped correctly,

Then this is it ready for welding up,

Hope u enjoy my grubby fingers!
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Just did the exact same thing to my raceland today, its all been welded up now ready for the Heat Wrap.

Are you going for a full exhaust system as well Trotta?

Got mine booked in for Saturday now, Powerflow De-Cat System with a BM Performance CAT.

Pics look good, gives other people a clear idea when they buy one
NFS
Silver Member

Post by NFS »

Trottagti wrote:Removed my air temp sensor today, ready to be welded up tomorow as i ran out of time,
That thing is for the EGR valve and not an air temp sensor. I believe its used on the 6N models to recirculate exhaust gases back into the intake, but lucky for you the GTi don't have an EGR system.

Have you extended the lambda sensor yet? Lemme know if you have any error codes that appear on the dash (e.g. Oxygen sensor bank 1, response too slow) as i have been experiencing problems with the lambda sensor ever since i have extended it.
Trottagti

Re: My new Raceland manifold tinkerd and polished! UPDATE 0.3

Post by Trottagti »

Well she got welded today, i had ago with the t.i.g welder and i stoped strait away cos i was like im not that good yet lol!

Got me welder at work to do it haha,

Would suggest u do the inside aswell then grind down after to make it all flush!

Nice bit of welding all chery red!

Then i just ground it down ready to start polishing tomorow and then shes all done!

More Pics tomorow if i can be botherd to polish her up in my lunch break,

And i dunno what the sensor thingy is i was just told it may be a sensor, What kind of problems do you get then with your lambda? And how have you exstended it because i am going to splice into them and solder new wire into the plug/clip end???

I have a vag com guy at work so il plug mine in and have a play around me thinks after!

I like to take pictures because it shows much better on what to do!
NFS
Silver Member

Post by NFS »

When extending my lambda sensor i used heat shrink crimps at first, as advised on this forum. That didnt work as i still got the response too slow error. So i have now soldered the wires together, but still no luck. I have used wires from old lambda sensors to extend the one on my car so don't know what the problem is. May just be that i have a faulty sensor but it only started happening after i extended it :( . Asked a garage and they said it may be because its further away from the manifold so takes longer to heat up or sumthing, but VW say its a faulty sensor. Lemme know how you get on withit so i know whether its a faulty lambda sensor or sumthing else.

cheers
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Think its because they work on a resistance and extending them messes them up, i think 1der has just blankedhis off and he is running fine lol!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Well my manifold is all done now, all ground down on the inside and polished on the outside,

Couple of pics as i went through the stages, Heres what i used tool wise!

Before,

After,

Then the final polish up on the outside to all blingyness!!

Will be fitting it saturday, really cant wait!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

But more important news is my stripped out rear,

Having the inside all retrimmed in red carpet the same colour as the door panels!

and il be leaving the seats out and plastics of course, ready for a cage at some point,

All the wires are being re run behind the turrets and the floor wires are being run inside the beam going across the middle, all clips removed and everything, i just dont know wether to make a board for the spare wheel part or leave it????

Will also be making ali box sections for the alarm switch at the front and some kind of pump at the back i dunno what it is but it is in some kind of foam box at the minuit!
Si_GTi

Re: Trotta's progress thread, stripped out, manifold, etc!

Post by Si_GTi »

The pump at the back that you mention - is it on the right-hand side behind the offside rear light? I think that's the central locking pump?