TROTTA'S Audi TT Quattro sport 240 thread,UPDATED!.*

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Trotta's progress thread, *De-cat and manifold FITTED,PICS!*

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looking good mate,

Any chance you could post a sound recording or a video? would love to see how loud your GTI sounds.

Good Job with the manifold too, still havent got mine fitted due to financial problems :( but cant wait to get it done.

Is it really worth getting a de-cat and have you noticed any improvement in performance? I would like to get mine done but not sure whether its worth the risk. Would you recommend getting it done?

Ben
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Well i still need to finalise some welding as it blows a tiny bit but the noise is very raspy and i reckon il get pulled but only because i have a cherrybomb so i am changing my rear box to a more muffled one!

But 1st signs are good, needs remapping tho to get full advantage tho for sure!

But i reckon a high flow cat is what i need, maybe a 200 cell sports cat so i pass m.o.t's!

But it is pretty cool lol! pulls alot quicker but seems my blowwing is causing issues atm so cant really say yes do it if you know what i mean?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Good stuff, yeah those Cherry bomb backboxes are always loud.

Yeah I will be getting mine re-mapped as well once the exhaust & manifold is sorted. Should see a 10 to 12 BHP gain from the Map so I am hoping for 140-145BHP when finished.

Yeah I recommend the BM Performance CAT if your going down that route. Its 50% less restrictive than a standard cat and they cost in the region of £150-195 (not cheap!) Apparently even the performance CATS will fail an MOT if run cold, according to my mate they will only pass if they have been on a good run before the test.

Not sure if there is any truth behind this but my mate normally knows his stuff.

Yeah mate get the blowing sorted and it should be quality.

Have you had your rocker cover re-sprayed??? engine bay looks mint! 8)
Need to get mine done because it looks rally tatty at the moment, paint is starting to crack& flake.
NFS
Silver Member

Post by NFS »

Its is true that a sport cat will not pass MOT when ran cold, but this is true for all CATs and not just sport ones. This is because the catalyic inside the cells need to reach the optimum temperature before they start working, this is why you have a pre cat in the manifold (as this reaches optimum temperature quicker due to being closer to the engine). However you will still pass an MOT using a sport cat because a MOT emission test cannot be carried out untill the engine is at its normal running temperature. I have a 200 cell sport cat fitted in mine and have passed MOT with it, so i don't think you have anything to worry about.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Nice one NFS, thanks for the information
I guess the sports cats are the best solution then if you want to stay road legal.
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

NFS wrote:Its is true that a sport cat will not pass MOT when ran cold, but this is true for all CATs and not just sport ones. This is because the catalyic inside the cells need to reach the optimum temperature before they start working, this is why you have a pre cat in the manifold (as this reaches optimum temperature quicker due to being closer to the engine). However you will still pass an MOT using a sport cat because a MOT emission test cannot be carried out untill the engine is at its normal running temperature. I have a 200 cell sport cat fitted in mine and have passed MOT with it, so i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Ah writ and how is the noise now as mine is very loud like way loud? Did u run a de-cat before the sports cat and do you have a manifold?

Soz bout the question bashing lol!

where did u get your sports cat from? i was goin to purchase one of ebay for around £100 deliverd from magnaflow!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Did a massive clean on my engine bay today and can you see what else i have done? There are a couple lol!

Before my clean down and shiny up!

After my clean up, need more time spending on it like the corroded bit behind the dizzy pack and infront of the rail!
Forgot to buy a toothbrush so couldnt clean it that well!

I havent had my rocker painted just use truck wash on it and it blings it up nicelly lol!

You could use alloy wheel acid on a rag it will do a good job if ur bay is pretty gone, or i use rubber and vinyl care by autoglm i spray it on my engine all over and then wash my car, once i have done me car i wipe the solution of and it removes all the grime and gives it a suttle shine!

I ran out of autosol metel cleaner so couldnt do my manifold, alternator and front of my engine i was gutted because its all grubbyish!

can u see??
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

That looks spot on mate, really do like the colour coding.

Is that a Pipercross Viper Induction kit yeah?

My Rocker deffo needs a respray though, the paint is all cracked and starting to bubble. Needs to be sanded back down to bare metal and totally resprayed. Your bay looks quality in fairness :D
NFS
Silver Member

Post by NFS »

Trottagti wrote:
NFS wrote:Its is true that a sport cat will not pass MOT when ran cold, but this is true for all CATs and not just sport ones. This is because the catalyic inside the cells need to reach the optimum temperature before they start working, this is why you have a pre cat in the manifold (as this reaches optimum temperature quicker due to being closer to the engine). However you will still pass an MOT using a sport cat because a MOT emission test cannot be carried out untill the engine is at its normal running temperature. I have a 200 cell sport cat fitted in mine and have passed MOT with it, so i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Ah writ and how is the noise now as mine is very loud like way loud? Did u run a de-cat before the sports cat and do you have a manifold?

Soz bout the question bashing lol!

where did u get your sports cat from? i was goin to purchase one of ebay for around £100 deliverd from magnaflow!
I just had the sport cat fitted when i had the exhaust system done by powerflow, so i have never ran a de-cat system. The noise on mine isn't too loud, its just how i like it. I also have the raceland manifold fitted and i quite like the different sound it adds to the exhaust note. I never bought the sport cat seperately but i do know they are quite pricey...if it helps i had a sport cat fitted and a manifold back exhaust system made up for £450.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

good work mate.

noticed you've done your power steering fluid cap in red, should get them all done like mine 8)

have you bought the various pipes and wires in red?
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah next is going to be the cam cover in gloss black and a few more red pipes i am thinking and my metel polish is in me car now so weekend will be fun, as iv got my brush hehe!

I have used fire proof insulating tape and found its hard work to do but is really a nice touch im so doing more lol!

Also had some new Yokohama S.Drives fitted today and all is good again in the corners, i was down to cord :(

Update weekend, maybe coilover fitting!
Trottagti

Re: Trotta's progress thread, *Polished engine & a.c pipes!*

Post by Trottagti »

Well i have polished all my metel i can find in my engine bay but still need to do more, just focused on my block really but heres a couple of pics!

you can see on my rocker cover there is some red paint missing from standard where it obviously hasnt been sprayed cos its all coverd really! Will be matching some paint and touching that in soon!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looks Quality mate, top Job. :D

Hopefully I can get mine to this standard one day

What's next on the car?

Ben
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Gona be more polishing and detailing then the cam cover is going gloss black and more red pipes

Then the back iv stripped out is going matt black
Retrimming my headlining in perferated pvc black
New back box is orderd from omp racing going on this week
alloys compomotive black mono's 15"
Red wheel nut covers
Battery cover sprayed black leaving the carbon fibre gti showing im thinking
Flushed boot
black bonnet
gt3 rep seats and im done lol

For now neways!

You?

Then im pretty much done
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

Sounds like good plans dude! Can't wait to see the progress.