SUPER RARE 52 Reg (2002) VOLKSWAGEN POLO COLOUR CONCEPT TDI

Sell your Polo! - Threads Automatically Deleted if no reply within 28 days. BUMP once every 14 days if necessary.
NAZPOLOGTI
Bronze Member

SUPER RARE 52 Reg (2002) VOLKSWAGEN POLO COLOUR CONCEPT TDI

Post by NAZPOLOGTI »

Hi All,

This listing is for a truly rare car indeed, (Late 2002) a 52 Reg Volkswagen Polo Colour Concept 1.4 TDI PD, its rare in several senses
1. I dont recall ever seeing a 52 Mk5 Polo, all the ones ive seen are the dreadful MK6, its the absolute last edition of the Mk5 Polo
2. Colour Concept Edition speaks for itself, Volkswagen only released 500 Yellow Colour Concepts, of which a proportion were the cheaper 3 door.
3. Factory Fitted Full Black HEATED RECARO Colour Concept Leather Seats, 5 door, sunroof and Aircon! How many cars do you know of that come with a sunroof and Air con?
4. TDI PD Engine, which falls under the £30 Road Tax Bracket for the year! , beware that many of the Mk5 Polos do not have £30 Road Tax, instead many are approximately £145 for the year!
5. Only 3 previous owners
6. Last owner had it for around 8 years.
I hope thats enough to convince you that i have not simply called it rare for the sake of generating interest.

Just to expand on the features:

- Factory Fitted Full Black HEATED RECARO Colour Concept Leather Seats in truly excellent condition (See pics), i had the same seats in a Volkswagen Polo GTI i owned approximately 9 years ago and these seats are in better condition then them 9 years on! A tiny bit of stitching has come loose on the drivers bolster that can easily be repaired, it really can. These have sold separately on ebay for in excess of £450 alone, see ebay item: 261675804282

- Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors
- Front Fog Lights
- Air Conditioning
- Electric Sun Roof
- 6 CD Changer in Boot
- 5 door, not the impractical 3 door
-1.4 TDI PD AMF Engine
- £30 Road Tax Per Year
I am certain i have missed many more features.

Before i get bombarded with the usual questions. Yes, i believe the car is HPI Clear, but i have not done the check, so feel free to do so. The engine runs perfectly, the gearbox is exactly how it should be (no crunching etc etc) does not overheat and the heaters work beautifully!!

Approximately 124,500 Miles which is low for its age. Engine/gearbox are in superb condition, they really are. I have had cars with much lower mileage that sound dreadful in comparison to this. On tick over, its purrs beautifully. I am willing to take you to a garage before the auction ends (free of charge) to inspect the vehicle from underneath should you wish to do so.

This car starts on literally first turn on the key.

I defy you to find anyone willing to go to that extent, it really is a reflection of just how lovely the car is.

Service History, comprising of 7 Stamps in the book,
Breakdown of the service history can be seen below:

22.10.2003 @ 5,011 VOLKSWAGEN MAIN DEALERSHIP
03.03.2005 @ 18,452 VOLKSWAGEN MAIN DEALERSHIP
06.09.2007 @ 40,439 RENAULT MAIN DEALERSHIP
23.09.2009 @ 73,118 CAMBELT CHANGE at McMINN MOTORS
14.10.2010 @ 85,851 McMINN MOTORS
20.02.2013 @ 111,809 McMINN MOTORS
10.02.2014 @ 118,901 McMINN MOTORS

Mot is valid until November 2015!

As with everything i sell, i am as honest as possible, in fact, i consider myself pretty fussy, so i will detail what i feel i would like to know if it was me buying the car!

There is a slight noise when driving at around 30-60mph, i believe its a wheel bearing (Passenger side front wheel) but could just be the tyre itself that is causing the noise. This car was driven from Scotland to Birmingham with no issues at all.

I believe there is a seized caliper, not sure which one it is. (£10-£25)

Central locking does not work, boot remains open (pump was replaced, but i believe its an air leak somewhere in pipe), electric window switch on driver side and electric mirrors are not working. The passenger window works from the passenger side switch, so i have a feeling its either a faulty switch or a break in the wire somewhere. If i get a chance, i will attempt to address these issues before the auction ends.

Rust on both wings and slight surface rust on tailgate and a dent on the drivers side door

In true Colour Concept fashion, the yellow colour is noticeably faded.

I believe the backbox needs replacing, no huge blow, just makes a slight whistling noise.

Please do not expect it to be markless/dint free, but there are no major scuffs etc

That literally covers everything, you must bear in mind, its a 13 year old car and with that in mind, it is in excellent condition, you are more then welcome to have a look at the car before the completion of the auction, the car is advertised elsewhere, so you are welcome to make sensible offers before the end of the auction, if no offers are made, the car will be sold to the highest bidder. Offers i consider silly will be ignored. This car is worth in excess of £1800, like mentioned, i am open to reasonable offers.

Please no part exchanges/swaps whatsoever. Its a cash on collection sale only within 5 days of the auction completion.

If your interested do not hesitate to call 07878769214.

Please note, you are bidding to buy and not to view. Please do not bid, if you plan on coming to inspect the vehicle, as inspections were welcome (and still are!) throughout the auction. Once, you have won, its simply to pay, fill in the log book and drive away. The car will be sold outside my home. As mentioned, if you would like to arrange a viewing please call me on 07878769214.
NAZPOLOGTI
Bronze Member

Re: SUPER RARE 52 Reg (2002) VOLKSWAGEN POLO COLOUR CONCEPT

Post by NAZPOLOGTI »

You've probably worked out it is on ebay.
Here is the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1565265300
Last edited by NAZPOLOGTI on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAZPOLOGTI
Bronze Member

Post by NAZPOLOGTI »

Electric Windows and Electric Mirrors now working (both sides)
NAZPOLOGTI
Bronze Member

Post by NAZPOLOGTI »

The central locking issue has been diagnosed as the fuel lock actuator. It had a leak on it. Part Number: 261740450922
Cost about £15 to repair.
NAZPOLOGTI
Bronze Member

Post by NAZPOLOGTI »

Sold