VW Polo 1.9 sdi for sale (damaged gearbox)

Sell your Polo! - Threads Automatically Deleted if no reply within 28 days. BUMP once every 14 days if necessary.
DC_BS
Bronze Member
Drives: MKV (6N2) 2001

VW Polo 1.9 sdi for sale (damaged gearbox)

Post by DC_BS »

For sale is my VW Polo 1.9 sdi 3 door.

The gearbox needs replacing so if you can source a 2nd hand one and fit it yourself then it can go for another 100,000 miles. The clutch might also need doing.

It has just done over 135,000 miles and is in good mechanical condition. It shines on motorways and is an absolute beast! Its recently just been serviced and has its MOT in April 2018, with the previous 2 years presenting no advisories.

The cambelt was changed in 2015 at 126,000 miles (I have the paperwork to document this) and earlier this year the alternator was re-conditioned. The power steering pump has also been replaced as well as the front two wheel bearings.

The passenger's window doesn't work unfortunately but this in no way affects the mechanical aspects of the vehicle.

I really don't want to scrap it as its such a great motorway car to drive! VW engines are known to be bulletproof and this one proves so!

Located in West London, photos and further details can be provided.

Will take £100.

Car isn't driveable currently, would have to be towed unless you're local and can fix it on site.
DC_BS
Bronze Member

Re: VW Polo 1.9 sdi for sale (damaged gearbox)

Post by DC_BS »

Well that didn't take long!

Car is now sold after listing on Gumtree, within an hour had someone interested, and several hours later it was towed away.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Too cheap lol
DC_BS
Bronze Member

Post by DC_BS »

Lol looking back I should have asked for £200 but I just wanted rid.

The guy was from a motor trade company so will be breaking it and selling the parts on. Literally had 3 people in the space of 1 minute contacting me about it once the listing went up!