IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

6n1 - 6n2 compatibly

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
KlassMC
New
Drives: 6n1

6n1 - 6n2 compatibly

Post by KlassMC » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:08 am

Hi, I recently passed my test and was given a 1996 (p-reg) polo. I have made a few basic mods, but I am just wondering if other things from the 6n2 are interchangeable with the 6n1 ie gearbox/clutch/interior/etc if you could help or point me to any threads, I would appreciate it. Oh I forgot to mention the gearbox just went on it and wonder if I can use one from a 6n2 - I may just buy a 6n2 donor car and use gearbox, clutch and interior if poss so any help would be welcomed. Thanks

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 67 Q7

Re: 6n1 - 6n2 compatibly

Post by alexperkins » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 am

6N and 6N2 engines have some silimarities but for the most part they are very different. Gearbox ratios aren’t the same and the 6N2 has a lot more engine management

A lot of the parts are interchangeable though. Seats can be swapped, steering wheel, even the entire dashboard and doorcards if you are feeling brave