My 6N, Dutch style of course

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Re: My 6N, Dutch style of course

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

jamegumb wrote:Hey Jarno love waht youve done with your car, very impressive! I have a 1998 1.6 8v 6n which I think is multi-point injection. I live in New Zealand and it is very difficult/expensive to get parts for my car. In fact I dont think Ive ever seen a modded VW let alone a modded Polo! Anyway you have inspired me to start doing some work on my car, I was wondering if youd mind if I asked you a few questions from time to time about where to get bits, fitting, etc? Thanks J
Hi there! I'm so gonna email a link to this post to a mate of mine, he lives in Wellington himself (moved along with his parents couple of years ago). He was over last summer, talked my ears of about Honda's and Mazda's :lol: I took him along to some mates of mine with some high-speed Dub's..... he stopped blabbering about Mazda's ever since :lol:

But anyway, feel free to ask me on stuff you can't figure out, just email me at jarno@vwpolo.nl
I'll glad to be of help 8)
jamegumb
New

Post by jamegumb »

Thanks Jarno, I love what you did with your dash, my car has a black dash so it looks OK for the mo. I just ordered a kit to repair my front passenger side door lock and finally found someone who would ship a badgeless grille over here so im going to start with that. I think the next thing will be a cold air induction kit I like the one you put on your car, do you know where i can get one? Most of the ones on Ebay are K&N kits that dont look as good as the one you have. Ive been trying to find some new rims but over here everyone drives Jap cars with really big wheels so thats reflected by the retailers. Anyway thanks for your reply ill keep you posted on my progress. :D
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

jamegumb wrote:Thanks Jarno, I love what you did with your dash, my car has a black dash so it looks OK for the mo. I just ordered a kit to repair my front passenger side door lock and finally found someone who would ship a badgeless grille over here so im going to start with that. I think the next thing will be a cold air induction kit I like the one you put on your car, do you know where i can get one? Most of the ones on Ebay are K&N kits that dont look as good as the one you have. Ive been trying to find some new rims but over here everyone drives Jap cars with really big wheels so thats reflected by the retailers. Anyway thanks for your reply ill keep you posted on my progress. :D
It's a custom/self-made induction system, not available in shops. But if you need any info, or where to find parts from sellers willing to ship to NZ, just mail me ok? ;)
VWking
Getting There!

Post by VWking »

WOW the interior conversion is awesome :D looks great!
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

VWking wrote:WOW the interior conversion is awesome :D looks great!
VWking
Getting There!

Post by VWking »

How long did it actually take to do that because you have done the doors too! I saw the pics of when you were installing it, looks like it takes a lot of time and labour, could be tricky if you wire something wrong or something else :S!
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

VWking wrote:How long did it actually take to do that because you have done the doors too! I saw the pics of when you were installing it, looks like it takes a lot of time and labour, could be tricky if you wire something wrong or something else :S!

Well the physical mounting of the dash wasn't the hard part, is was the rewiring of the electronics, and getting it all to work properly, and all buttons to have the function they suppose to have etc. 6N2 GTI has Can-Bus, my mk4 hasn't, which resulted in some more major issues to solve :( that took me a lot of time to convert.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Just booked myself a ticket for the Eurotunnel for this weekend. Will be attending the HAVOC GTI Mega Meet in Cranbrook, Kent this sunday! :mrgreen:
My first British meeting, so hoping for a good trip in the mk4 from Holland to there, and maybe spot some other forum-members from here over there 8)
Dan 6N
Silver Member

Post by Dan 6N »

JarnoVWPolo6N wrote:Just booked myself a ticket for the Eurotunnel for this weekend. Will be attending the HAVOC GTI Mega Meet in Cranbrook, Kent this sunday! :mrgreen:
My first British meeting, so hoping for a good trip in the mk4 from Holland to there, and maybe spot some other forum-members from here over there 8)

You're joking?! That's like a 15 minute drive from where I live!
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Dan 6N wrote:
JarnoVWPolo6N wrote:Just booked myself a ticket for the Eurotunnel for this weekend. Will be attending the HAVOC GTI Mega Meet in Cranbrook, Kent this sunday! :mrgreen:

You're joking?! That's like a 15 minute drive from where I live!

Well, I'm not laughing :wink: trip is all planned, going to wash the mk4 tomorrow, hop in on saturday, camp out over with the HAVOC-lads&lasses, and be there as the first attending visitor on sundaymorning :mrgreen:
Dan 6N
Silver Member

Post by Dan 6N »

Having looked at the actual address, it's in Rolvenden, not actually Cranbrook (although I guess Cranbrook is the nearest town) which means it's more like 5 mins from where I live :lol: . I didn't even know this even existed, how bizarre is that?! I will try my best to come and see your incredible car at some point :)
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

im gutted, i was down wales way last weekend there for a mini road trip/ day out :)

if i knew this was on this weekend i would of popped my head along here instead, especially if you were going Jarno boy :P
i would of loved to see your car in the flesh/metal :)

anyway hopefully another time, once i get my valver half done :P
Dan 6N
Silver Member

Post by Dan 6N »

Well I went to the meet. I saw your car! What a beauty she is! I turned up towards the end when they were doing the awards bit.. I loved the little air ride moment on the ramp, was pretty cool when everyone shouted slam it and you dropped her to the floor lol. Tried to find you after to talk to you but I have no idea what you look like and you weren't with your car..
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Dan 6N wrote:Well I went to the meet. I saw your car! What a beauty she is! I turned up towards the end when they were doing the awards bit.. I loved the little air ride moment on the ramp, was pretty cool when everyone shouted slam it and you dropped her to the floor lol. Tried to find you after to talk to you but I have no idea what you look like and you weren't with your car..
Ah, that's a shame m8 :( well, you should had known how I looked, if you saw me lay it down on the ramp, you also had seen me got out of the car :wink:
But I'll surely do another UK show next show-season, and will visit the next HAVOC Mega Meet too probably, just great to hang out with those guys! Laughed my arse off with them as did with them at Worthersee, MIVW and at the 5th Int. VAG Meeting :lol: :mrgreen:
Dan 6N
Silver Member

Post by Dan 6N »

Well I think you were the bloke with the hat? But you seemed to disappear after you parked up! See ya next year then mate :D