Polo 6n - JDM Whore.. Takata & Bride!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Re: Polo 6n - JDM Whore.. Takata & Bride!

Post by Tech-Ho »

racerjonzo wrote:Think I've already asked u, but did u find out or know how the dash fits in?
So wanna do mine :)
Nah mate couldnt get it to fit :\
Message any questions mate :)
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

So.. Ultimate Street Car is coming up.. few small touches to do to the car to get it ready..

Just ordered something that ive wanted for ages :D Small clue.. usually see them in civics..

Its nice to actually be able to buy something for the car!
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Tech-Ho wrote:Just ordered something that ive wanted for ages :D Small clue.. usually see them in civics..
B16? :wink:
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
B16? :wink:
No, now you've made me sad! :(

So.. my new piece came for the car today :D

5 panel Wink mirror :D

Wanted one for a while, all fitted. Need to fiddle with it now just to get it sitting where i want it etc :)

I think im getting a bit too scene these days :\
luk3matth3ws
Getting There!

Post by luk3matth3ws »

mirror looks sweet man :D
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

luk3matth3ws wrote:mirror looks sweet man :D
Cheers man :D

Smaller Update..

Ive retrimmed all my A & B pillar trims, grab handles & fabric on door rubbers black. Pillers were trimmed, the handles and rubber fabric were rattle can'd. Looks so much better, been multi coloured for far too long.
Next is to touch up the marks, chips and scratches in the rear of the car so its presentable ready for USC. Its soooo nce working on the car, havent done little touches like this for ages!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Time for an update to keep the thread alive.. sorry for things slowing down.. still no luck :(

So.. As i said, i finished turning all the interior trim black to match the headlining..

A picture of what people get to see when they behind me.. god view i think?

After a good clean, parked on a field down by a local beach

And now for an update that puts a smile on my face.. Ive got a new sticker..

" More JDM Than a Fuckin' Integra " - Just because I could and i know how much it would p*** off the Jap purists :D

Also the picture of my car (and arse) from Modified Nationals made it into this months Fastcar mag!

Updates soon i hope!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

So USC Has gone. My first big show with the new interior fitted. Happily the car got a bit more attention than it did at modified nationals when i had the old Cobra's in.

My favorite picture i took of the car from the show..

A picture of my mates Corrado G60 alongside my Polo at the show 'n' shine..
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Hey guys, update just so the thread doesnt die!

I've found myself a part time job so i will be getting a bit of money back in to continue the project once im back on my feet. Nothings changed on the car still, just been attending various meets to get some attention brought onto it.

The some of you who have me on facebook might have seen the status that i posted about USC. For the people who havent seen it..
Basically, took the car to USC as you know from above. What i didn't mention was the damage that the car got whilst being up there in the first night of camping. Large mark running the entire length of the drivers side (removed now), scratches on the rear quarter on the passenger side (removed) and some absolute w**k decided to lean/sit on my bonnet. This resulted in a large dent and a very large and noticeable crack/split in the paint which is going to have to be redone.

So once I get my money sorted out she will be going back to get the paint sorted, YET AGAIN.

Anyway.. Some pictures of recent..

And a Nice comparison of the Past and Present..

Will be continuing the build very soon guys!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

found a video of the Polo at a recent meet/BBQ in cardiff, filmed by a friend of mine..

http://vimeo.com/49025861
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Still nothing happening :( But i have got myself a new favorite pic of the car..

tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

8) 8)
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

tt509 wrote:8) 8)
;)

Got a new tripod for the camera.. So went out and started experimenting with different aperture and shutter speeds..Heres the results, not bad for a camera cost £60 new :)
ImageImage
applegenius
New

Post by applegenius »

I really like the rear view mirror!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Considered selling up a couple weeks ago. Bored and cant do much at the moment as i have a lot of maintenance bits and need to fix the bits of paint that are letting the size down (bonnet after USC etc.).

Some of you will be happy that ive decided NOT to sell up. I think i'd miss the little thing.

Updates are.. Nout.

Settled into new job so i have money coming back in now and im doing as much overtime as possible to get the car back on track.
- The under chassis is now undersealed completely.
- Bought a new mid + back section of my exhaust as mine are naffed, £40 for both brand new
- After discussions with mates, I've decided what engine will be eventually going into the Polo. Eventually.

Found a leak that looks like its coming from the gearbox so will need to get it up in the air to have a look ASAP.

Also, me being a clumbsy t**t, managed to crack my rear bumper. Its not bad really, very easily repairable. Just a proper f*****g annoyance.

Ill be getting a new bonnet soon also, one with the washer jets flushed off, then relocate them to the scuttle.

Next things to come.. Fix paint problems and start work on the wheel fitment situation through the winter.