Rear brakes

Vasey
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gt bluemotion

Rear brakes

Post by Vasey »

Got a couple of tyres changed on the rear tonight I mentioned to the guy I was changing my disks and pads he said when I’m going to do the work make sure I take the hand brake cable of the Caliper put the new pads and disks on then ratchet the lever on the caliper till the piston pushes up to the pads is this right or do you just pump the brake pedal any advice would be good many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Rear brakes

Post by alexperkins »

That’s a great way to destroy the handbrake mechanism

You fit the new pads, reassemble and reconnect the handbrake cable then press the brake pedal till it’s hard before going anywhere near the handbrake lever
Vasey
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gt bluemotion

Post by Vasey »

alexperkins wrote:That’s a great way to destroy the handbrake mechanism

You fit the new pads, reassemble and reconnect the handbrake cable then press the brake pedal till it’s hard before going anywhere near the handbrake lever
Well that’s what I thought alexperkins but the guy at the garage told me this so I thought I would ask on here first before I start the work thanks for your advice much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnrowe
New
Drives: audi

Post by johnrowe »

The first thing rear brakes will provide a back up in case of a failure of the front brakes. Not only that in modern brake systems it is quite normal for the rear brakes of a vehicle. For more detail about quality and genuine auto parts contact apex auto parts