9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £38.50 posted

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
Harmonialvalue
New

Re: 9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £37.50 posted

Post by Harmonialvalue »

v1kkm wrote:Ok no worries, i'll order the tool then. Is it possible you can give me some clear guidance on converting 9n3 to 9n? I just don't want to get this wrong that's all.

As with the bulb holders, are they the same for 9n and 9n3? Just out of interest would you be wanting to sell your 9n lights?

Thanks mate, much appreciated :lol:
from the wiring loom of your lights, Unclip all the hooks that ive circled red (and accidently one blue) and lift the flap up (as shown in the photo),
then poke the terminal tool into either side of the terminals, as shown by the yellow circle, you should feel the tool kinda "click" when it reaches far enough to release the pin, pull the wires out, and then simply put the wires back into the correct position.
There's numbers 1-6 on the sides of the terminals, but you'll only be using 5 out of the 6 of them.

Left hand side for a 9n polo (atleast for a right hand drive version)
1. Brown
2. Black/White
3. Black/Red
4. Black/Blue
5. ----------
6. Black/Grey

RHS:
1. Brown
2. Black/Blue
3. Black/Red
4. Black/Green
5. Grey/White
6. Grey/Red

One of the wires on the right hand side you wont have, i cant remember which one, i think it's possibly the black/blue wire, but its raining outside so i don't wanna go check, whichever one you don't have, it doesn't matter, its just the reverse bulb for the right side, as the 9n3 doesnt have dual reverse bulbs, just one on the left side.

Remember to note down what your old 9n3 wiring was if you ever decide you wanna change back, i noted mine down just in case to save me searching in future to find out how to get it back.
v1kkm
New

Post by v1kkm »

Thanks for the post, that clears things up.

I'll be trying this out within the next couple of weeks. Much appreciated mate!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Bringing this back from the dead. Apologies for not replying to a few earlier requests - things have been a bit hectic for the last six months. Life and skydiving got in the way and with a relocation imminent, I've truly had my hands full.

Adapters are still available on a built to order basis. Need to confirm the current prices with my parts supplier (which may be changing) and amend mine if required.

Ash :)
dibbers
New
Drives: polo GT 130

Re: 9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £38.50 posted

Post by dibbers »

ash, are these still available to order? new member so cannot PM sorry for thread resurrection!
dean9n
New
Drives: 9N

Re: 9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £38.50 posted

Post by dean9n »

Hi, I'm aware that it's a old thread but are you still making the adapters and how much would they be? Thanks