mk1 golf GTD modified etc

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

mk1 golf GTD modified etc

Post by pip_polo »

Decided to sell my mk1, i want something newer so it needs to go to fund it. I travel further to work now so want to be doing it in comfort. I bought this car very early on this year with the intention of turning it into a show car, the reason i went for this mk1 was the fact there is no rust under the car and only one small scab on the front under the windscreen seal. this is about the size of a 20p so not really anything to worry about.

Since i've owned the car i've rebuilt a brand new 1.6 GTD engine sourcing parts from all over, the only used parts to go on the engine were the fuel pump and the turbo. Every other part was new including the block etc. this has since done about 2000 miles and hasn't missed a beat, it's fantastic on fuel having the 5 speed box and still goes well been about 100/110bhp. The log book etc still has the car down as a 1.1 4 speed, it's up to the new owner to change this if they wish.

The car is lowered on KW V1 INOX coilovers which have covered about 1000 miles and ColeTech Classic 2.5" raised top mounts, so the car is quite comfy to say how low it is. The wheels are OZ Turbos 15" 7j all round with 155/50/15 Nankangs which have also done about 1000 miles. Front brakes have been upgraded to GTi vented versions which are plenty good enough. To get these wheels to fit and run as low as i do i have chopped the lip from the arch and trimmed the black GTi arches to suit. Brand new wings will be included in the sale.

The paintwork on the mk1 is 80% original and the rest is just as old, by no means is the paintwork good and needs a respray but its presentable. There are a few runs and patches which Stevie Wonder tried to spray. This is the only thing that lets the car down to be honest. The front panel had a dent and a bit of paint missing, i bought a whole front panel brand new which will be included to fix this. again over the top but i wanted it to be mint when i had finished.

Inside the car i have fitted red stripe GTi seats which are very good condition except a small bit of stitching has come apart on the drivers side where i've been getting in and out, not really a hard fix if your good with a needle and thread. The head unit and speakers are all pioneer and installed pretty neat with a stealth shelf holding some 6x9's, iPod/bluetooth/hands free etc. Centre console included with boost, clock and voltage which i still haven't got round to fitting.

The car comes with tax and test which expire the end of February 2014 and a lot of spares, boost pipes, door cards, interior bits, brand new wings, brand new front panel etc. There is no real service history with the car, but that didn't bother me as the engine is new and at the end of the day that puts any old service history out of date.

Every where i go it does turn heads and people say it looks good and i would really like to keep it but i can't afford two cars right now.

The car owes me a lot of money and i've not really got a clue what it's worth as there aren't exactly many GTD's for sale.

So i think £3000 is a good starting point.

Here's a lot pictures as i've wrote far too much.

Cheers

Phil

o7584o444o3 - please text or leave me a voicemail as i may be at work i will get back to you asap.
Located in Scun thorpe - DN15

Thanks