For Sale - 9N Polo 1.9 TDI Sport 5 DR

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
Theoldseacaptain
New

For Sale - 9N Polo 1.9 TDI Sport 5 DR

Post by Theoldseacaptain »

We have reluctantly decided that it is time to sell our Polo as it is now too small for our changing needs.

The car is a Polo 1.9 TDI Sport 100 Bhp 5 door, finished in Metallic Black with dark grey sport cloth interior. It has covered 92,000 miles (which will increase slightly as car is in use).

Road Tax until 31/8/14
MOT until March 2015.

In addition to the usual Sport high specification, the car has the following extras:

Full Climatronic automatic air conditioning system. (Automatically adjusts the hot / cold air and fan speed required to keep the cabin at your preset temperature)
Cruise control – extremely rare.
6 Disc CD Autochanger.
Rear boot spoiler.
Mudflaps and floor mats all round since new.
Rigid Boot Liner (protects boot carpet from spills and grime).

We are the second owner, the original being an older couple (known to us) who owned the car for its first 6 ½ years.

The Polo has full VW main dealer service history and a fully stamped up book pack to prove it! In addition to this regular maintenance, the car has always had any additional work that it required at the VW dealer, including during our ownership:

New front suspension springs, dampers and bushes
Front Anti Roll Bar and bushes
Front brake discs and pads
Rear suspension springs
New Battery
New V68 temperature control motor (common Polo issue)
Upgraded cooling fan resistors (climatronic specific)
Replacement Air Flow Meter

In summary, it’s had all the work and parts replaced that you may expect to have to carry out to a Polo of it’s age, and ready to go for the next 10 years!

The car has it’s original 15” Melbourne Alloy wheels, with 4 Michelin Pilot Primacy Sport Tyres (all with good tread), plus a full size alloy spare (with good tread).

Fuel consumption easily averages over 50mpg when on the motorway, and with the 100bhp TDI engine also performs extremely well. With the benefit of the Cruise control, this is an extremely comfortable and economical car for long journeys.

The car is in excellent condition and is all original. Never been in an accident or had any bodywork carried out, however as you would expect for a car of its age does have a few marks. We get asked the significance of the registration number as people can’t believe that the car is actually 10 years old! I have taken some pictures of the following negative points:

1. Very slight wear on drivers seat bolster.
2. Scuff / scratch on Driver side corner of rear bumper.
3. Minor scuff on rear passengers side of bumper – may polish out by a professional.
4. “Bubbling” on driver’s side front wing. It is the common problem with 1.9 TDI Golf, Passat and Polo of this era due to sound deadening within the front wings. It is not at the stage of bothering us yet.
5. Minor kerbing marks to one alloy wheel and slight lacquer peel to another.

I have tried to describe the Polo as honestly as possible and have detailed the bad bits (I am very picky!). This is a great little car which we have thoroughly enjoyed driving for the last 4 years and had intended to keep for a number more, so are really sorry to let it go. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Please give me a call on 07825 522 448 or PM me. (Dave). Car is in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Theoldseacaptain
New

Re: For Sale - 9N Polo 1.9 TDI Sport 5 DR

Post by Theoldseacaptain »

Well my photo sharing is proving problematic! Drop me a mail and I can forward pictures through by email!