Black 2005 Fabia vRS. Maxidot display, Leathers, Xenons.

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Black 2005 Fabia vRS. Maxidot display, Leathers, Xenons.

Post by Tim_GTi »

Car Fabia vRS, 1.9 TDi. 
Colour Black
Year 2005/05 plate
Mileage 104,800 (driven daily so ill rise)
Tax End of Nov 2014
MOT Oct 2014
Service major service 6k/6 months ago
Location Bristol/South Wales
Optional Extras Maxidot Display, Sat Nav double DIN, Xenon headlights

You'll struggle to find better looked after, non-show car. I bought this Oct 2011 and have replenished pretty much every aspect, restoring cosmetics, fixing mechanics and only adding modifications that should have been there in the first place.

The car has the above specification, plus full service history (Skoda stamped up to my ownership, then all work carried out by myself or qualified audi/seat mechanic friend).

From my knowledge the number of Fabias with the maxidot sat nav option fitted are in the single figures. Add to that the factory fit xenon headlamps and full leather interior, it's a pretty rare car!

The car comes with a logbook I made, including documentation of pretty much every receipt and bit of work spent on the car. Alongside each receipt I've added a description of the work carried out. You can view the build thread of the car here

Further more, I started a Fuelly account for the car at the time of purchase, which documents every fuel fill up I've ever made. I'll hand over the account details so you can carry it on yourself. This includes stats on genuine MPG figures, price of fuel, annual fuel costs, distance travelled etc.. I only ever fuel the car with full fill ups.

It goes without saying that this car has been exceptionally well looked after. The engine is always given the chance to heat up and cool down on journeys to ensure the longevity of the turbo. I never tailgate to avoid excessive stone chips and the car is always parked in the quietest areas of car parks to avoid excessive dings (much to my girlfriend's dismay!) 

Modifications in a nutshell (full list below), it's had colour coding to all necessary external parts, lowered on coilovers and mint condition OEM wheels finished in shadow chrome. The engine is remapped by Shark Performance. Interior I've had the seats and doorcards trimmed in leather by Seat Surgeons, all green double stitching with quilted and perforated inserts. Various interior parts have also been professionally painted piano black. Audio includes the OEM double DIN, Hertz HE4 amp, Alpine Type G component speakers and sound proofed doors and boot. All audio is properly installed and hidden for original appearance.

Full list of modifications

Exterior
Colour coded numberplate surround
Colour coded front grill
Colour coded door handles
Side strips removed
Leon Cupra R front splitter
LED sidelights
LED foglights
LED numberplate lights
Chrome indicator bulbs
Aero front wiper
Rear Polo 9N wiper and aero blade
Coming Home light kit fitted. (side and foglights come up automatically when dark and car is unlocked)
Shadow Chrome OEM wheels

Mechanical
Shark Performance Remap (around 170-175BHP)
AP coilovers
Cupra solid bushes
Powerflex front bushes

Interior
Seat Surgeons leather seats
Seat Surgeons leather doorcards
Seat Surgeons leather arm rest
Fabia mk2 arm rest
Piano black vent surrounds
Piano black door handle surrounds
Piano black gear stick surround
LED interior lights
LED glovebox light
LED bootlight 
Metal vRS footrest
Parrot Bluetooth handsfree

Sound
Hertz HE4 4-channel amp
Alpine Type G front component speakers
Soundproofed front doors
Soundproofed tailgate
Soundproofed boot
'Fake floor' cover for amp finished in OEM carpet (sits in rear offside footwell)
Cabling for sub plumbed in

Condition

Paintwork
The condition of the paintwork is fantastic for its age.

I spent 16-17th June 2014 doing a full detail on the car ready for sale. This included a full machine cut polish, clay, glaze, wax.

In September 2013 I had the front and rear bumpers resprayed to bring them back up to new condition.

As expected with a car this age and mileage, there are some cosmetic scratches and chips, I can be specific upon enquiry, but generally nothing to worry about. 

Interior
I've spent a lot of time replacing various plastic panels to replace scratched ones etc.. I haven't yet found a suitable replacement to the glovebox, so that does have a few scratches on it.

Leathers look pretty much as new as the day they were fitted. I perform an acrobatic manoeuvre every time I get in the car to ensure no excessive wear is carried out on the bolsters!

The boot latch on occasion is problematic to open, a little downward pressure as you open it always solves this. I'll try and get this fixed prior to sale. Doesn't happen enough for me to be concerned with it previously.

Engine
The engine runs perfectly. All fluids and filters were changed in Dec 2013.
In Jan 2014 I had the battery, cambelt, tensioners and waterpump changed, also told mechanic to change whatever was necessary to ensure it was running 100%. He replaced all boost clips, boost pipe, radiator (small coolant leak by plug) and rocker cover gasket.

I had the remap done in June 2012, it adds a nice smooth improvement to the performance. From this point, under heavy load only (full car of people going up hills) the clutch sometimes felt like it was slipping. I instantly bought a OEM Sachs clutch kit to replace it, but was advised to wait until it got worse before replacing as the problem is so seldom. Since that day, it hasn't gotten any worse, so I've never had it replaced. I will include this new clutch kit in the sale.

Wheels
The alloy wheels are in perfect condition. I took them off the car for the winter, and were stored in a cool dry place. They will go back on for sale (just awaiting tyres). Further more on tyres, it needs 4 new ones. I've had a full set of cost effective tyres priced up fitted for £160. At the buyers consent I will go ahead and have these fitted prior to sale. Alternatively I will offer you this as cashback and you can fit whatever tyres you want. The car is currently sitting on steels which aren't included in the sale.

Pictures
Taken last September but looks exactly the same now

Seats at the time of fitting

Amp hidden in offside rear footwell

Factory fit double DIN sat nav unit

Price
It's well documented online that a stock car of this year and mileage will cost around £3000. However the xenon headlamps, maxidot display and leathers alone exceed the value of that base price, so I am offering the car for £4200 with new budget tyres and spare clutch kit.

I'm located in Bristol but all my family live in South Wales, so either locations for a viewing is possible.

I'm currently looking to replace this with a VAG diesel estate. Ideally pre-face lift Octavia vRS TDi or A4 Avant S-line TDi. So a deal for cars of this spec warmly welcomed!

Tim - 07917062133