Confused about fault code

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Confused about fault code

Post by Bazzad88 »

Hi I'll try to keep this as brief as possible haha

So I have a 6n2 gti and a couple of years ago my immobiliser gave up, I was working on the car at the time and couldn't get it to work, recently I got the itch to try and fix it so I bought another ecu, immobiliser, chip etc off of another polo gti, I fitted it all and tried to start the car last Saturday...... (it worked and runs) I was very excited haha, so I've been starting the car most days for the last few days and I've driven it up the road and back a couple of times and it seems fine to me, but my dad plugged in his diagnostics thing from work and it said fault code p0001, which is something to do with fuel regulator pressure or something like that, but I haven't got any engine check light on and the car starts fine every time, is this something to worry about or is it possible that the ecu had this fault on it from the last polo it was on? Sorry for the essay and thanks for any help.
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Re: Confused about fault code

Post by 937carrera »

The error code would be P0001.

As far as I can see that isn't a valid code Have you tried clearing the code and seeing if it comes back ?
Last edited by 937carrera on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Re: Confused about fault code

Post by Bazzad88 »

Hi thanks for the reply, yeah I thought the same as you, I couldn't find anything to do with vw and that code so maybe it was the scanner or something. I didn't try clearing it but my dad has taken that scanner back to work now, I've ordered a vag scanner off of eBay and I'll try that when it turns up, hopefully all is well then. Thanks