Neildos GTi - Outside Finished :)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Neildos GTi - Outside Finished :)

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looks superb mate! very nice. One thing I would suggest though is a stubby driver's mirror 8)
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

Yeah mate, need to get one when I get paid and rear handles :)
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

looks very nice. Love the wheels
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

I know I will be in the minority here, but it's a lit too OTT for me, comparing the new photos here

and

It may be all "smooth" and "Uber-Euro", but it just kind of hampers the distinct shape of the car.

Looking back at past pictures, essentially at this stage here,

It was clean, original, and not too overloaded. Smoothed bumpers on top of that would have had this as my fav. Polo, but now it's just not the same.
RandonGUY
Bronze Member

Post by RandonGUY »

Yeah, agree with the previous post.

Smooth bumpers ruin it. It now looks like a Barry boy car TBH.

It happens when people think they're finished, get bored, and then try and think of other stuff to do. Now it looks naff IMO. But it is all subjective. :)

On a more practical note - you now can't open the boot, the numberplates look s**t as they are so out of place, and the value of your car will have depreciated by a load...

However, the dog looks awesome, which makes up for it!!! :mrgreen:
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Doesn't look BARRY BOI at all. Very Euro. Also if someone is after a smooth and I mean SMOOTH GTi they know the cost thats gone into it and would pay it.

Looks mint mate. Very smooth. Just needs a VW badge on the back. A black C.C one to match the front. Bit to plain at the rear. or maybe be different, just a GTi badge?

Whats the plans for the inside then?

How's your radio work? Or you like me and don't listen to it.
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

RandonGUY wrote:Yeah, agree with the previous post.

It happens when people think they're finished, get bored, and then try and think of other stuff to do. Now it looks naff IMO. But it is all subjective. :)

On a more practical note - you now can't open the boot, the numberplates look **** as they are so out of place, and the value of your car will have depreciated by a load...

However, the dog looks awesome, which makes up for it!!! :mrgreen:
1. This was always the plans for my car... at not point in this post have I said thats me finished... then posted more pictures with more bodywork done... so put a sock in it - this was the ORIGINAL plan... and NOW it is complete.

2. I can open the boot - can you not see my boot install?? Look up the word "Solenoid"... wired to the rear wiper = open the boot. Did you not learn how to use an "S" at scool? "Numperplates"..... the rear - location has NOT changed - merley shortend the recess to fit a smaller plate - to me this looks complete - unlike people who hav A1 AAA on a cut down plate - with MASSSIVE gaps in the bumper at each side.....

3. HAHAHAAH The value... just must be kidding right - or you have never spent any money on a car :roll: if you want to make money - buy a house. It goes without saying cars lose ££.... actually - if i get 2,500 for the GTI - id be happy!!
Last edited by sorted on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorted
Gold Member

Post by sorted »

lolhoward wrote:Doesn't look BARRY BOI at all. Very Euro. Also if someone is after a smooth and I mean SMOOTH GTi they know the cost thats gone into it and would pay it.

Looks mint mate. Very smooth. Just needs a VW badge on the back. A black C.C one to match the front. Bit to plain at the rear. or maybe be different, just a GTi badge?

Barry.... I had to laught @ that!!! Guy needs to get of corsac.co.uk :twisted:

I might put a GTI badge on it... but I dont really class my car as a "GTI" its hardly fast @ 125 BHP!!! I might put a VW badge - as I still have my black one!

Radio is fine, got a Honda Civic ariel and it works fine!
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Sorry mate, thought you had said you smoothed over it? Just seen it in the pics :roll:

Yeah, VW would look good.
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

randomguy wrote:Yeah, agree with the previous post.

It happens when people think they're finished, get bored, and then try and think of other stuff to do. Now it looks naff IMO. But it is all subjective.

On a more practical note - you now can't open the boot, the numberplates look **** as they are so out of place, and the value of your car will have depreciated by a load...

However, the dog looks awesome, which makes up for it!!!
So ridiculous!! MaxZ's comment was perhaps constructive criticism and perhaps a little useful, showing his opinion or whatever, but yours was plain insulting and there's no room for that on here!

Besides, post up some photos of your car!
Last edited by Andy1.6 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Andy it wasn't howard having a go, it was the post previous to his!

Seems to have gotten out of hand here already!

Moving on.

Neil what plans do you have for the retrim?
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Andy1.6 wrote:
lolhoward wrote:Doesn't look BARRY BOI at all. Very Euro. Also if someone is after a smooth and I mean SMOOTH GTi they know the cost thats gone into it and would pay it.

So ridiculous!! MaxZ's comment was perhaps constructive criticism and perhaps a little useful, showing his opinion or whatever, but yours was plain insulting and there's no room for that on here!

Besides, post up some photos of your car!

I was the one saying how can he call it Barry! I have got a WIP thread? Its RandomGuy that said it all. Please chack before you post.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Oh dear,

Barry boi my ass :o

Looks the way u want it to look and if ur happy with what u have done then so be it, I prefer ur car unsmoothed as it sets of the gti's lines perfectly!
The number plate recess r ur touch and work well with the super smooth look but yes will have some affect on ur sale,

What does this randonGuy drive neways???

Im stealing ur idea of the pertol flap smoothing tho, looks good! Hope it doesnt look to barry boi is all!!!

U tried playin around with perhaps differnt colour spoiler or bonnett or even a vinyl design to change it up abit?

Deffo one of the best smoothys around!
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

Sorry Howard, quoted the wrong post (blaming the new((ish)) forum layout!)! Howards car is very smart indeed!!

I meant 'randomguy's' post.

ALL EDITED
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Wow, I really didn't mean to set off an argument. All due credit must be given to Neildo's progress, it's definitely something that a lot of work went into, from someone that obviously takes real care of their car.

At no point will you have something that appeals to everybody, just look at Labour and the Conservatives, the same happens everywhere. Just recalling about when I switched from the splits to the 16s, so many people opposed, but it was criticism that was well due, as I opted from something that was common place to something that I preferred, and I do tell you I really do not miss spending 3 hours cleaning the splits every week!

At the end of the day, I am 100% sure that what Neil did, he did it for himself. Him posting on here is him sharing his personal creativity and insight and due credit is deserved, there are tons of members on this forum who are simply here to lurk. Only when you contribute, does your contribution get rewarded. This progress thread is definitely one I have enjoyed keeping a close eye on. I did not like some bits of the car, but I loved the earlier stages. It's always great seeing the progress one makes. I am sure if I came to see the car in real life, this would provide a great topic of discussion.

I am sorry to be so long winded, but I very much respect Neil for the work he has done to his car and I do hope this isn't the last we see of it.