mini wheels

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nickpolo
Gold Member

mini wheels

Post by nickpolo »

hey guys,

noticed some nice four stud bbs alloys on a mini cooper at the gym the other night.... was the first shape one not the current model - would these just fit straight onto my gti or are there problems with offsets etc?

Ta
1der
Gold Member

Re: mini wheels

Post by 1der »

are they 17's?
wheelmanwayne
Bronze Member

Post by wheelmanwayne »

not straight forward to be honest heres what you will need to do!

1-----the center bore is 56.1 mm and vw is 57.1mm! the bore is a total of 1mm too small ideally they would need cnc machining.

2----- the o/e offset is 48 for the mini with a 7j width so you would need 15mm>>>>>>25mm spacers to get any decent stance.

3---- 17's arent the best for the car but can be done, but unless done properly it will be frowned upon by certain players in the scene. be sure to use a 185/35/17 tyre this size will get you maximum clearence and stretch on a 7j rim

hope this helps

have a look at stambo's 6n2 on 17's on club polo! proberly the best looking 6n2 ive seen on 17's to be honest
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Aren't you referring to the small minis? If so they are more likely to be 13", in which case they won't fit as they won't fit clear the brakes. You could get adaptors that down scale the centre bore, alter the stud pattern and clear the brakes at the same time... but I would NOT trust them. I'd never down scale to fit centre bore or stud pattern, it's dodgy.