New member, my GTI bad times update

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Re: New member, my GTI

Post by Andy1.6 »

Welcome to the forum mate, car looks great, nice and neat and not too much going on, always have been a fan of ronals on GTis!
Silver Member

Post by 8080 »

poloXOM wrote: A couple of issues, the xenons dont auto adjust (if anyone could shed some light on what that might be that would be grand)
Common fault - the plastic ball joint socket on the back of the lights has probably cracked, so the arm from the adjuster motor is not connected to the back of the lights anymore.

There's been a few threads about this on here. I think the solution is buy new lights (or just ignore it!) I know someone who superglued the ball joint socket back together. It worked but the fumes from the glue coated every surface within the light with a dust, so the whole thing had to be opened up and cleaned out

Nice car btw
poloXOM
New

Post by poloXOM »

8080 wrote: Common fault - the plastic ball joint socket on the back of the lights has probably cracked, so the arm from the adjuster motor is not connected to the back of the lights anymore.

There's been a few threads about this on here. I think the solution is buy new lights (or just ignore it!) I know someone who superglued the ball joint socket back together. It worked but the fumes from the glue coated every surface within the light with a dust, so the whole thing had to be opened up and cleaned out

Nice car btw
Had a look for the threads but couldnt find it. ive heard this can happen but ive also heard that the auto leveller box for the xenons is located on the rear axle and when fitting coilovers it can be overlooked, hence the lights facing down on to the road as it thinks there is a large weight at the back?? maybe take it to vw

cheers for all the positive comments guys!!
poloXOM
New

Post by poloXOM »

heres my old 1.4L 6n guys, unfortunatly she doesnt look so good at the moment, the rust has become quite bad round the arches. My uncle is currently in poessesion, hes a panel beater so fingers crossed he will have it back on the road. Ace wee car.
poloXOM
New

Re: New member, my GTI small update

Post by poloXOM »

went and oreder up timing belt kit and water pump today after reading the thread about tensioner failures and realising my timing belt has done about 45,000 miles since changed. this forum is fantastic, saved me an engine rebuild!! :D
poloXOM
New

Re: New member, my GTI bad times update

Post by poloXOM »

came out to my car to find this, not impressed to say thie least

any of you guys got any tips on how to repair? the key mark is 3 inches long.
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Ouch! Gutted man. Could try t-cutting it out, depends on how deep the scratch is. If not maybe a machine polisher could remove it! :(
lowfoon
Gold Member

Post by lowfoon »

Hunt the red car down!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Paint over it, blend it in with 3000Grit paper then machine polish it up :)
poloXOM
New

Post by poloXOM »

thanks dude, my uncles a panel beater so hes going to give it a go. am raging, some people in this world should be shot!!