Verity's Reflex Silver GTI - He's Gone!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Verity
Gold Member

Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI

Post by Verity »

alexperkins wrote:Verity - how much black vinyl have you got left :P I quite fancy it on mine! lol
Lol none I'm afraid, well nothing big enough. There's loads of a scraps which are all a bit useless lol
It was my fault, when we were originally did the engine cover, I got annoyed with the huuuge sheet so cute it ito man able parts. I was lucky there was just enough of a big square I do what I did lol
kimbo wrote:Can I ask about dynamat soundproofing?

Did you buy a ready-made pack or cut it up yourself, and was there a noticeable difference?

A lot of unwanted noise comes from under the bonnet but there is already a VW mat on there.

Nice car btw
My boyfriend was the one who did it, as he owned my car before me. He brought large rolls, and squares of it from work. It was obsolete so with discount he got an amazing price....the amount he brought tho it still cost a lot.
nigelelliott394 wrote:That vinyl looks excellent Verity. I've seen a few cars with it done and sometimes you can see the original colour of the car in between the gap of the doors but you've made sure that's not the case here. Good job.
Thank you :D
Haha that's cos I put a strip down the middle. Looks ruuuubish when you open the door, but as it was only ever a temp thing to see how it looked, it doesn't really matter to me....plus how often are my doors even open ;)
Verity
Gold Member

Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI - HE'S GOING ),:

Post by Verity »

Well. Today was my last day at Halfords, and next Monday I start my new job as an Estate Agent.

It s a bit of a drive from where I live. So I knew I'd need a new car for the long miles.

I ended up taking the New Suzuki Swift Sport for a test drive- and it was lovely. A really gorgeous car, and such good value.

I've talked thru payment options, and trading in GerTI came into conversation. I was adiment to avoid having to part with him.
But realistically its the only option for me right now.
I'm getting an ok price for him, considering the miles on the clock.
And I know in keeping him, he will be an endless money pit of money. ive just had an unexpected oil leak fixed, and with the huge amount on miles ill be doing weekly, I think more and more problems will just keep appearing.

So tonight I put a deposit down on a gorgeous Blue Swift

Which I will be picking up around the 1st March (my birthday)

Im not gonna lie. I am completly heartbroken about giving up the Polo - Yes! I have indeed Cried! A lot!!!!!.

It's like having to give up a pet, but even worse then just sending him away for adoption- becuase I know he'll be sent off to auction, and then probably broken down by who ever buys him- so it's a bit like I'm sending him off to be put down :'(

I'm so excited about having a new car, but loosing polo has really tainted that for me.

It's been a great 4 years of working on the car, including 2 and 1/2 years of ownership.

He's caused me a lot of trouble with regards to all the work he's needed, but I've never regretted spending a single penny on him, because he's always given me so much joy to drive.

Argh, i really can't explain how sad I am he's going, I get so attached to cars. I still miss my old 6n2s so I know I will never get over GerTI
And I'm crushed ill never get to complete my long list of 'Things to do on the Polo'

I will be selling a few bits and bobs of him, to buy a Pandora Charm to remind me of him (yes! I'm that sad and attached to him!)

Anyway. I've still got a month left with him, so I will enjoy it to the fullest
(And hope nothing goes drastically wrong with him in the next month ;) )

Hopefully one day ill have the spare money, and room to buy and store another GTI and have it as a project.

I will more then likely be posting lots of photos in the next month because I know ill be taking sh*t loads of him whilst I can.

So for now here's a few of him sat in the Coach house drive in the snow (can't get up the drive to my house, thanks to the ice)

Ps. If anyone wants to give me £1k so I can keep Polo they are more then welcome ;)
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Hey that totally sucks! Congrats with regard to the swift though, theyre supposed to be pretty funky.
I can empathise completely with the way you must feel, though its been less than a year for me so with all you guys have been through must make it worse. :(
Last edited by BBBaboonface on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Genuinely the worst thing selling up but the swift sport is CRAZY SICK! I was propa gutted getting mine gone but as insaid before onwards and upwards.

And in blue like i said, yes! White wheels will set it off big styley.

I took a day off work to see my polo off, worst day off my life. Felt sick........!
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Awww Im sad for you :( In fact im gutted they are such great cars but im sure liek you say the Swift will be more cost effective and reliable.
Are you hoping to get the Pandora Car charm by any chance?
Definitley take lots of photos of GerTI before he goes and you can have lots of memories too :)
Will be sad to see you leave on here xxx
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Awwwwwww :(

The Swift is awesome though! And the best colour!

Can't wait to see pics of it when you get it 8)
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Today is the Day....

Fighting off the tears :cry:

Will post a proper good bye to him tonight
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI - Today is the Day...

Post by Moosegirl »

Noooooooo! :(
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Sad day to see it go but the Swift is a great replacement :) similar performance but it will be a more reliable car

I was gutted to see my GTI go but you get over it after a while, mine went to Mandy so it made it easier as she loves it too

Just out of curiosity why didn't you try to sell the GTI private? You probably would have got a better price and may have found it a better
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

:cry: I may also cry
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote: Just out of curiosity why didn't you try to sell the GTI private? You probably would have got a better price and may have found it a better
A few reasons, I guess :(
Convinence was one, I need a car for work, so didnt want to sell the car and possibly have to wait for a new one. Also the mileage was over 125k, which I know would automatically put ALOT of people off buying him, so it would probably take a very long time for him to sell. Which in that mean time more problems would probably pop up (see my next post) plus I don't think I would have been able to ask more then what the trade in price was. Plus if I sold him to someone really nice and he went ca-putt I'd feel really bad! Haha
Verity
Gold Member

Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI - He's Gone

Post by Verity »

1.3.13 - The Day GerTI went

A day Ive been dreading so bad!
I have enjoyed every day of ownership of this car, and I loved him 2 years prior to even owning him.
No matter what grief he caused me, I loved him and thought of him as needing me to surrive.
He was my baby. And I will miss him like mad. I will always always love this car, and he will always have a huge place in my heart.

One of the most gutting things about giving him up, is the fact that we had so much unfinished buisness! I have the longest list of 'To-Dos' and it annoys me I never completed this list.

So. It is my aim - nay! My promise! That I will one day soon own another GTI, and that I will complete the project.

Anyway. Over the last few weeks i went snap happy, here is just a few of the hundreds I took ....

His engine bay is a very soar point for me! I had soo many plans for it (looks wise) so gutted I never completed!....or even got round to fixing his bodeged induction!

Car - £890
RXIIs - £300
Headlights -£150 (plus swaps for their old ones)
+ a load of other parts that will soon be coming up for sale

Not massively bad, for a 13year old car with 125k+ on the clock.

In a way it's good he's gone now.
I'd started to spot all the lights onthe dash flash up sometimes. Only for a split second, but they would all come up. Would probably lead to something expensive knowing my luck. Also £15 of oil got spilt in the rear footwell, cos the blonker of a mechanic my dad got to fix the oil leak GerTI had, decided to not use the VW oil I supplied along with the part, but used his own oil....but not without undoing the lid on the bottle and not putting it back on properly, so that its all leaked out into the car.
There was also a weird noise starting to come about, which I couldn't help but think sounded like it was coming from the bottom end of the engine.

So.....today.

Woke up feeling sick!

Went outside and swapped his headlights over (as I sold his new ones)

Then took all the vinyl off the doors, so that he was looking more standard.

And after gave him his final bath,

And his final photos...

Until a neighbours cat, came an photo bombed my photos! Hahah

I stripped him of anything I could keep as momentos

I've got his GTI grill badge,
His service history,
his manual,
And the engine cover
As well as tax disk holder
Last edited by Verity on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verity
Gold Member

Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI - He's Gone!

Post by Verity »

I can't thank you guys enough for the fantastic support and friendship of you guys over the last few years! I'm so thankful for this forum! You are all such wonderful people, and I'm chuffed I've got so many of you on Facebook, as you are more then just forum people, yours friends too :)

I will still be lurking around the forum, jealous of you all with your GTIs!! And will still be attending VW shows, and be on FB so will se you his around!!

THE FINAL PHOTO OF GERTI

BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Gutted, seems like theres a run of bad luck and selling up going on with the polo peeps at the mo.
Hope things work out with the new job and motor anyway. cheers!

James
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Sad times Verity,but i can understand why you've parted with him.

I'll have to find you on facebook,i have most of the other guys on there too.