Endi_GTI's GTI: Typhoon Shlurpie carnage

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Endi_GTI's GTI: 2013 start and more wheels

Post by Endi_GTI »

Yes i'v heard the KW's are good. Have you removed the helpers to go that low? My mate Phil is looking for new ones but wants to go low but still have a good solid performance coilover with adjustable damping.

Ha there is quite a few of us down here. Its nice to have mates who share the same interest with these cars and we can all help each other out :)
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

Endi_GTI wrote:Yes i'v heard the KW's are good. Have you removed the helpers to go that low? My mate Phil is looking for new ones but wants to go low but still have a good solid performance coilover with adjustable damping.

Ha there is quite a few of us down here. Its nice to have mates who share the same interest with these cars and we can all help each other out :)
They dont have helpers. They are really comfortable too!
marcuswom
New

Post by marcuswom »

Hi Endi! I see you had the below problem back in 2011..

17935 - Camshaft Timing Adj. Bank1 (N205)
P1527 - 35-00 - Short to Ground

Did you solve this? and if so how? I have this problem and the car is noticeably down on power :( I have tried replacing the unit but this didnt help..
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

marcuswom wrote:Hi Endi! I see you had the below problem back in 2011..

17935 - Camshaft Timing Adj. Bank1 (N205)
P1527 - 35-00 - Short to Ground

Did you solve this? and if so how? I have this problem and the car is noticeably down on power :( I have tried replacing the unit but this didnt help..
Hello mate. The problem seemed to have resolved itself in the end and haven't seen that code get thrown since.

Did you get any further with it?
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Right red polo has taken the back seat for now but thought a couple of things could be done in between building the race car.

Typhoon is awesome and a lot louder than the CDA. However the CDA is louder when all windows are closed. I will be making a video to compare them some day so people can make their own minds up about which one to get.

I now have a red cam belt cover and the proper bracket for the OMP upper strut brace so that has neatened that up a little bit. A few photos never hurt any one:

Engine bay just needs a clean now:

slarner
Bronze Member

Endi_GTI's GTI: 2013 start and more wheels

Post by slarner »

Endi_GTI wrote:Right red polo has taken the back seat for now but thought a couple of things could be done in between building the race car.

Typhoon is awesome and a lot louder than the CDA. However the CDA is louder when all windows are closed. I will be making a video to compare them some day so people can make their own minds up about which one to get.

I now have a red cam belt cover and the proper bracket for the OMP upper strut brace so that has neatened that up a little bit. A few photos never hurt any one:

Engine bay just needs a clean now:

Looking good mate! I love my typhoon! Scares people on the pavement :) and upsets the local village people haha
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looking good Matt :)

Typhoon is the best kit by far although the BMC has a nicer grumble at low revs, performance wise the Typhoon is better too if you run it on the long feed.
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Thanks Ben, Yeah it does sound amazing but I am still scared of sucking up a whole puddle in the wet.

Red polo has now been demoted to living outside to make room for this little pup, which im sure you all recognise:

joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Mmmmmmmmmmm :mrgreen: Can't wait to see it in the flesh !
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

LOVE this car! Looking class
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Endi_GTI's GTI: Typhoon Shlurpie carnage

Post by Endi_GTI »

So haven't updated this for a while. One reason is that I haven't done anything else to the polo and i have been working away a lot. So after being away for 6 weeks I let father look after the car and he gave it a run whilst I was away to keep everything moving. The sad bit is he drove it through a puddle in bad weather with the K&N Typhoon on, with the long ram extension.

So yes sucked in a lot of water..... and we all know what water intrusion means :roll:

One very bent conrod:

So new con rods, pistons (from a donor car) headgasket, crank bolts, head bolts and a new tire as for some reason it came off the rim.

All good but now the altenator has failed me :(

Car is really upsetting me :x

Hope it shows me some love back after all of this. Its looking tired and sorry for itself. needs a good polish and some bodywork and hopefully next year it will be looking a bit happier
joe2612
Gold Member

Re: Endi_GTI's GTI: Typhoon Shlurpie carnage

Post by joe2612 »

Oh buddy what a shame. I have a spare alternator at home but that's probably no good to you atm, I'll drop you a text so we can catch up. My GTI has been a pest since coming back to Plymouth...