New GTI Ordered!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

New GTI Ordered!

Post by funlovincriminal »

Right I've decided to edit this post so we can see my progress (or lack of) from day 1.

My first car was a pug 106 gti, which I loved & was soooo quick,..... well for a first car compared to what your average 18 year old has to buy nowadays!! Any way yes it was quick I've already said that, but the car was so pretty uncomfortable & the 106 gti's are like a tin can on wheels so relitavely unsafe (for a 18 year old!) so I was contemplating upgrading, but didn't want a 'slow' car now so I soley focussed of 206 gti's.... & I am so glad i didn't buy one of those

Meanwhile my mate had just put a deposit down on a new car - A Polo gti! - at the time i knew nothing about the cars or had'nt even noticed them, then I went with him to pick it up from a TVR garage (Random) & pretty much fell in love with it, It was a silver 2001 Lowered on Eibach Springs & It looked the dogs, it was a car I wanted & I decided there and then as he handed the keys over to my mate I thought - - I'm gonna get one of those one day'

A year or so went by, looking daily on autotrader & ebay for a 'mint' gti with leather... & eventually in early 2008 (i think) months after I started looking I found a gti, local with low miles 32k & leather.

Viewed the car & it was great apart from, the body work had a good few trolley dents & a bit messy, but the interior engine & everything else was spot on. the car cost just under £5k!

First Job was to get the bodywork sorted, so it went up to the body shop where I had the Sides fully resprayed & the bonnet sprayed.

Next on the list maybe a year later (i move slow) I got coilovers & dropped it, but not too low, just right. Months later added the red grill trim, bought some g60 steels & winter tyres (for the winter would you believe) . A refurbished gear box & clutch went in at 50k ish after it went 'pop' then I think that brings me up to date with the next post when had the original 15'' bbs' refurbed & put on.

Weather seems too nice now for winter wheels so got my 15'' refurbed bbs' on today, & give the car a wash & wax.

Before on g60's with big winter tyres lol:

and now:

Wheels look good, but i dont think they are wide enough. I have some 16'' RX2's which should be on in summer if i get my finger out & refub them & maybe go lower wehn they on

also put on a few bits & pieces i bought a while back:
tax disc holder off ebay, an aerial off the new polo & some vw dust caps to finish things off.

I desperately need to give the calipers a fresh coat of red paint & it will be geting full service next month so watch this space
Last edited by funlovincriminal on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:16 am, edited 9 times in total.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Re: FLC's gti - Nice weather = shiny rims

Post by emma_88 »

Blimey, it looks sooo much better on the BBS'!!
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Re: FLC's gti - Nice weather = shiny rims

I agree, it did look nice on the g60's before monstor truck tyres :D
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Aircon service

Got the car a full service last week, including gearbox oil & an aircon service.

I don't think the aircon had been serviced in it's 10 year life - the difference is very noticible. It used to be quite noisy, but now it's silent & very ice cold. I would recommend getting it done if theres no history of it being serviced. only cost £35 too
Verity
Gold Member

Re: FLC's gti

Post by Verity »

Looks sooo good specially In the second photo!
Bring on more updates ;D
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looking good mate :) RXII's FTW
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Re: Mighty Dub Fest

Went up to mighty dub fest at Druridge bay on saturday, on saturday, not too many cars on show tbh, I was expecting it to be a little bigger & it pi$$ed down, but we didn't let that spoil it :P
Anyway was a good weekend, went camping up aboot 15mile up the coast from the show my mate took his roomy old vw t25 transporter.

A couple of pics from the trip

Last edited by funlovincriminal on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Looks nice man 8)
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Cheers, but still some stuff to do. I want the front splitter sorting out, it's scractched to bits & i need to get my 16'' rxII's finished & on the car.

I attempted a full clean & wax on sat, but started pouring with rain when I was halfway through putting the poorbooys black hole on :x

A total lack of polos at the show, thought I would of seen a few
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

funlovincriminal wrote:Cheers, but still some stuff to do. I want the front splitter sorting out, it's scractched to bits & i need to get my 16'' rxII's finished & on the car.

I attempted a full clean & wax on sat, but started pouring with rain when I was halfway through putting the poorbooys black hole on :x

A total lack of polos at the show, thought I would of seen a few
Mate tell me about it, have been putting off cleaning mine properly for ages. Just need a weekend of dry decent weather, but it seems thats to much to ask for, even in june!! :twisted:
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Very Nice mate :)
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Gave it the full works before my trip to Scarbrough, i only took 1 pic, here it is :cry:

6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Very nice mate :) looks awesome
neilGTI
Gold Member

Post by neilGTI »

Looks great, really liking the black polos lately :)
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Real nice man.

:)