Mandy's GTI

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Mandy's GTI

Post by Moosegirl »

Recently bought this car from what seems to be a very well known member of this Forum!

Travelled from Newcastle to Wales and back on Sunday to pick up this beauty. Currently sitting on ATS Cups..... More pics to follow once I scrape all the dead flies off the bumper and give it a good wash after it's long journey.
8)

Here is my other Polo 6n2 before I got the GTI:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Last edited by Moosegirl on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 32 times in total.
BIG RHYS
Gold Member

Re: NEWBIE! Black 6n2 GTI

Post by BIG RHYS »

Hello and welcome..
Congratulations on buying one of the best polo's around 8) ..

What plans you got for it ?
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Thanks! I absolutely love the car, I fell in love with it as soon as I seen it on Pistonheads. After a trip to Bradford and back on Saturday to see a very standard and not very nice black GTI (even then this car was in the back of my mind!) I managed to pursuade my partner to take me to Wales on Sunday!

I havent had a chance to enjoy it much yet though because I've been at work but have booked a day off on Friday to take it out properly, I have had a LOT of admiring glances though :D

I feel privileged to be driving it, Ben has spent so much time, money and effort on it!

Plans?....... Well the ATS Cups are on now, going to get a new exhaust which will be hidden under the bumper, stretched tyres and drop it!... LOWER 8)

Apart from that, it is perfect the way it is
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

Welcome to uk_polos, it's a great site, got everything you'll ever need to know in here.You've bought a great car, I followed ben's progress thread, done a top quality job, well maintained, you couldn't of bought a better one :) .

I from up north too I work in Newcastle, so may see it around hopefully, never seen this polo in the flesh! I have a black polo gti too so keep an eye out. :D
Godderz23
Platinum Member

NEWBIE! Black 6n2 GTI

Post by Godderz23 »

I was about to comment on how amazing that polo was, then realised it was Bens old one.

Get a build thread up in the gti section. Look forward to seeing what you do to it.
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Thanks people, he has done an amazing job and should be proud! I work in Gateshead but i'm always out and about so will keep an eye out for you :D
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Welcome to the site. I'm so jealous you own this now. Ben has done such a good job and I don't think that you could have bought a better one. Want to swap?? ;)
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Haha thanks but this car is going nowhere! After hunting high and low i finally got exactly what i wanted..... Including my first ever visit to Wales! 8)
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

I'm glad your enjoying it Amanda :D its a great little car and will bring you lots of joy

I hope you had a safe journey back on Sunday
I forgot to give you the C spanners on Sunday, would you like me to send you them in the post?

Your little 1.0 6N2 looks great, I cant wait to see some pics of the GTI sitting on the ATS Cups

Keep us all updated on yours plans for the car.
I think its a good idea changing the exhaust too, fitting the mongoose was my only regret with the car just simply because of clearance issues.

Ben,
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Yeah that would be good if you could post them to me? I really like the exhaust but its not going down very well with all of the speedbumps around where we live! :evil:
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Yeah No problem i'll get them in the post for you :)

Could you pm me your address?
I sent away the documents to the DVLA on monday as promised

Iye the exhaust caused me a few issues with low curbs, its a nice sounding exhaust but the backbox just sits too low.
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Yeah i'm the same, i love the way it sounds. I will message you the address. Thanks again
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

The cups are on! 8)

emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

Welcome to the forum Amanda, you've got a great little Polo on your hands now - Ben looked after it really well.

Nice to see the Cups on, but will look better when you get your stretched tires on and when you lower it :)
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Thanks Emma 8) I need to get a new exhaust before i can lower it, it's really scraping at the minute...... :evil: ..... The speedbumps where I live don't like it very much!

I might wait for the tyres until the new exhaust is on so we can lower it at the same time as changing the tyres :D