GTi problem - any ideas?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Scooby Mark
New

GTi problem - any ideas?

Post by Scooby Mark »

My sister has one and its misbaheving in 1st and 2nd gear. Cant get a good description of the problem, but it appears to not want to go, ie big hesitation. The other day she said she took her foot off the gas and it was still going!

My thoughts were throttle pos sensor or an ECU problem. Just wondering if anyone else has had this?

Its still under warranty but VW dont seem to be able to fix it.

MB
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Hi Mark, and Welcome!

I'm not a big techie, but what strikes me as odd is that the problem only appears with first and second gear. I mean, if it were just a problem with low revs, than you'd find it in the other gears as well.

Another thing, doesn't the Gti have e-gas? As in, the throttle is controlled by the ECU? If so, the ECU is a primary suspect, right? Still weird that VW can't find the problem.

Wild guess to finish: Perhaps the throttle body is filthy?
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

the gti gearboxes are notoriously bad (ask josh) and as for the throttle i think its in the tb control as there is a geared system that controls it and that could be gunged up
Grizzle
New

Post by Grizzle »

pretty sure in guessing its ur sister gearbox thats fooked. as me an josh both had the same problem :roll:
Scooby Mark
New

Post by Scooby Mark »

Bugger :evil: I will keep you posted. Not been here 5 mins but its apparent there is some inherent problem here.

Time for me to visit VW with my mechanical engineer hat on I think!

Ta for your input, I will keep you posted.

MB