polo 1.6 gti 6n2 manifold help

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nick01202
New
Drives: polo 1.6 gti 16v

polo 1.6 gti 6n2 manifold help

Post by nick01202 »

hey guys,

wondering if any of you can help me, as some of you are aware I am currently doing my polo 1.6 gti 6n2 as a race car, I am having a discussion with a race club official, as they are saying my vehicle has to have a 2 branch manifold fitted to it...... does any one know if firstly they exist?...also is there anywhere I can purchase one?...(obviously without spending an absolute fortune on it).....if not does anyone have any idea of what may fit it - it runs the AVY engine. I am having this dispute with the club official, as the vehicles engine is supposed to be standard but they are stipulating I change this over, does it make any real difference running a 4 branch down to a 2 branch manifold?? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks Nick
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: polo 1.6 gti 6n2 manifold help

Post by alexperkins »

A 4-2-1 is a standard setup on these - youll have to go that way as it has four cylinders, so it has to be 4 to 2 to 1

Raceland used to make them for this engine
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Re: polo 1.6 gti 6n2 manifold help

Post by 937carrera »

Regs would normally state that components have to be standard, deviations from standard have to be approved through the regs, so if you are using a standard manifold, then you should be OK. You may need to "educate", in a nice way, the championship eligibility scrutineer. :)

Which series are you preparing for Nick ?