280mm discs with standard stone guard?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

280mm discs with standard stone guard?

Post by 6n2stan »

As above really, I've got some 280mm discs and the larger carriers from a G60 or the like. They've come off a 6n2 already so happy days in that respect.

So I'm stripping the front end right back - leaving the subframe in - to give it all a good overhaul. My splash/stone guards were none exsistant as you can imaging. Will OE ones that sit behind the 256 foul the 280 discs? Luckily TPS still have them in stock, I had the last rear splash guards in stock! Bits are becoming hard to source the GTI now :cry:

Cheers
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Re: 280mm discs with standard stone guard?

Post by 937carrera »

I wouldn't have thought there would be an issue - so long as the mounting bolts for the backing plates are in the same position

Give it a go - you don't actually need them anyway ;)
6n2stan
Silver Member

Post by 6n2stan »

Cheers carrera, I've bought some and they look like they'll fit fine. They're not like the rears where it is a large semicircle with an edge that hugs the disk, its more of a kidney shape with no edge as such.

I want them on cause I want to keep everything OEM as possible. :)
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Post by 937carrera »

6n2stan wrote:I want them on cause I want to keep everything OEM as possible. :)
I understand, I also like my cars to be as they left the factory, in which case I'll leave you alone to have the argument with yourself as to why you are fitting 280mm discs :) :wink:

On availability of GTi bits, I don't suppose you know where to get an exhaust system do you - correct design not the one with different tailpipe. I tried about a year ago and couldn't locate one
6n2stan
Silver Member

Post by 6n2stan »

937carrera wrote:
6n2stan wrote:I want them on cause I want to keep everything OEM as possible. :)
I understand, I also like my cars to be as they left the factory, in which case I'll leave you alone to have the argument with yourself as to why you are fitting 280mm discs :) :wink:

Haha, I like to call it OEM+ :wink:

I wouldn't know where to get an exhaust now. I take it you've tried TPS?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You can get an four plus centre section for the GTI and a TDI four plus rear silencer - both genuine, from TPS that will work perfectly

The only difference with the rear silencer is it's twin pipe, but it's hidden same as the original