GTi rear hub part numbers?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Haladams
New
Drives: 6N2

GTi rear hub part numbers?

Post by Haladams »

Hello

I hope that someone with a greater knowledge of Polos than I might be able to help please?

I need to make up rear hubs for a kit car, and told that these must be the disc brake type from a 6N2 Polo GTi and have the ribbed alloy calipers. I wish to make up the set using new parts. However, looking at all the variants in the various parts catalogues, I am completely lost! :oops:

I wonder therefore if someone in the know would list the part numbers (or the equivalent numbers for ATP or similar) that I need for the following:

1 x LH stub axle
1 x RH stub axle
2 x Hubs pcd of 4.100 with bearings and nuts
2 x Discs (I think 232mm)
1 x LH alloy ribbed calipr
1 x RH alloy ribbed caliper
1 x LH caliper carrier
1 x RH caliper carrier

Help is really appreciated! Thanks!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: GTi rear hub part numbers?

Post by alexperkins »

Have you considered picking up the whole lot from a scrap car?

The Mk2 Golf GTI has an almost identical rear axle and brake setup for reference.
Haladams
New

Post by Haladams »

Yes, I have considered a scrapyard, but unfortunately the nearest one to me is quite far away. I also hope each day to see a set on ebay, but no luck!

Thanks for giving me the comparison though - I will keep an eye out for a set of these too.

But if anyone does have the part numbers, then I'd still appreciate them!
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Ill sort the part numbers out tomorrow for you
Haladams
New

Post by Haladams »

Really kind of you, but no rush if you have other things on.
Haladams
New

Post by Haladams »

Alex - in reality, I really only need the part number for the hub/bearing. With this, I think the rest will fall into line.

The stub axle is straight forward and I think the only one that will accept a brake caliper carrier - 6N050117 and 6N0501118. I have been supplied these already - they are a 'taper' axle where the inner bearing is larger than the outer bearing yes? This is how I expect the hub to be, but the people who supplied the axle gave me a hub/bearing where both inner and outer bearings are the same, but they tell me that the part number they supplied is the one listed for the stub axle...

When I start looking for a hub, I am confronted with several types that is putting me into this position of not knowing! Indications to me is that the hub/bearing 6X0598477 might be the correct one, but I need your confirmation.

I am not too worried about the p/n for the disc as I might get ones from Black Diamond who only list one disc for a Mk3 Polo GTi (and also for the diesel version - did these too use rear discs?).

I have some numbers for brake calipers but they are not ribbed alloy type, but I think the recommendation for these is something to do with the handbrake mechanism being internal and not prone to trouble, yes?

Look forward to your comments!
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

The Polo GTI never came with taper bearing stub axles. The GTI had a full integrated on hub bearing as one with the stub axle, rather than bearings that locate into the backs of the disks

Youll want the later stub axles that take the integrated hub bearing if you want a GTI setup.

Can you post some pics of what you have?
Haladams
New

Post by Haladams »

Indeed, yes! Here is the stub axle and hub/bearing that I have:

http://s893.photobucket.com/user/HalAda ... olo%20axle

The first photo, 2317, is the stub axle. 2314 and 2315 are the two views of the hub/bearing and 2316 just shows the retaining nut that is too large for the stub axle in the first photo.