Baz's build thread

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
bazza88
New

Re: Baz's build thread

Post by bazza88 »

I haven't forgotten about this thread, I have been doing work on the polo but haven't had a lot of time and also had seized track rod ends, a puncture in a brand new tyre and a flat battery, so all of that was pretty annoying, I'll upload a little picture now and will add more soon when I've finished doing some of the current work, I did the track rods today and also painted some brackets and engine bay bits. I'll get a picture of that when they are back in the car.Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Post by Bazzad88 »

I'm taking the polo to a show on Monday so I'm hoping to get some pictures when it's nice and shiny.

I have done some work on the car over the last few months. Had a problem with both front calipers seizing, both front wheels were getting very hot. I managed to free off the passenger side one and it's been fine ever since, the drivers side one needed to be replaced, I got to work and there was smoke pouring out from the wheel. Took me quite a while to track down a genuine refurbished one but I finally got one and painted it red.
I've also fitted new discs and pads. I got some black diamond ultra low dust predator pads and they seem pretty good. Good bite and no where near as much dust as the old pads.
Screenshot_20190502_152739.jpg
Bazzad88
Getting There!

Post by Bazzad88 »

Hi, I've finally got around to taking some pictures of the car and everyone likes pictures haha. I'll keep this short and list a few thing I've done...

Eyebrows for the headlights
Indicator tints
Painted engine bay parts and brackets
New coilovers
Camber shims on the rear (small amount of Camber)
Dyed the white trim that goes around the door
Audi TT knee bars
Pioneer double din head unit
Black sun visors

Now for some pics....

Painted brackets, filler caps, battery tray and other bits

Interior looks much better with all the trim being black and the double din makes it look more modern imo

I haven't got any pics of the coilovers but I'm quite happy with how it's looking atm

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

kasapovic75
New
Drives: VW polo gti 2016

Post by kasapovic75 »

Bazzad88 wrote:Hi, I've finally got around to taking some pictures of the car and everyone likes pictures haha. I'll keep this short and list a few thing I've done...

Eyebrows for the headlights
Indicator tints
Painted engine bay parts and brackets
New coilovers
Camber shims on the rear (small amount of Camber)
Dyed the white trim that goes around the door
Audi TT knee bars
Pioneer double din head unit
Black sun visors

Now for some pics....

Painted brackets, filler caps, battery tray and other bits

Interior looks much better with all the trim being black and the double din makes it look more modern imo

I haven't got any pics of the coilovers but I'm quite happy with how it's looking atm

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Please tell my about the cool sky in your car. How is it made? Yourself or? Would fit my polo[emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bazzad88
Getting There!

Post by Bazzad88 »

Hi I guess you mean the marvel headlining? I did it myself, I made it using a duvet cover