Couple of issues

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Couple of issues

Post by Bazzad88 »

Hi when pulling away from stand still there is a slight judder, It feels a bit like there's resistance or just a bit of a struggle so I give it more revs and it pulls away ok, feels like it would stall otherwise.

The next problem is a grinding noise when slow speed turning, like pulling into a space or doing a 3 point turn, I think it's from the front left wheel but not totally sure, it went through the mot with no advisories last week, is this likely to be a cv joint or wheel bearing?

Thanks
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Couple of issues

Post by alexperkins »

The judder, clean the throttle body, change the sparks, change the air filter, change the fuel filter and that should get rid of that problem

Grindin - binding caliper, CV joint, warped brake disk, wheel bearing are the possible causes
Bazzad88
Getting There!

Post by Bazzad88 »

Thanks mate, all that has been done apart from the throttle body so I'll clean that.

I'll have to try and figure out the other problem.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

If you have VCDS, youll want to do a throttle body alignment after. If you dont, clean it, then take the battery off for 30 mins and reconnect and itll reset the throttle body position

jack the car up and spin the wheel(s) with the engine running as youll be able to feel if the resistance is there (and be able to turn the wheel left/right too)
Bazzad88
Getting There!

Post by Bazzad88 »

Thanks for the help, I don't have vcds so I'll have to do it the battery way, I've got a k&n typhoon so I'll try and clean the filter to.

I have had the car up on stands and spun the wheels but hand (without the engine on) but they spun pretty freely and seemed ok, the car is lowered, not super low but low ish.