Couple of issues

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
slightlytanned
New
Drives: 2000 VW Polo Gti

Couple of issues

Post by slightlytanned »

Hi
Recently purchased my 2000 Polo Gti and loving her! Needs a bit of work done (she's nearly 18 with 140k on the clock I was kinda expecting it) I can do most of it myself but there's 2 things I can't find answers to.
Replaced the batteries in the keys and the central locking was working fine but now all of a sudden its stopped, got use the key manually and the alarm goes off if I don't start the engine quickly. I have to open each door independently, the boot doesn't lock amd the petrol filler cap was locked shut. Could it be a battery issue? the alarm was going off intermittently for no real reason for a few weeks before this all happened.

Also, when I turn on the heating/air con the whole car/engine seems to shudder and shake quite a lot more.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

P.S Anyone know where I can get decent 2nd hand alloys for about 300

Thanks
dipstr
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 gti

Re: Couple of issues

Post by dipstr »

Check the pump in boot for central locking as theese can stop working. I also have same problem with remote locking on my gti. Think I might have to get new style keys for it to work. Not sure if right but do remember something about having ignition on and locking doors with 2nd key to trigger remote locking?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

slightlytanned
New
Drives: 2000 VW Polo Gti

Post by slightlytanned »

Thanks for this, boot makes sense as I could hear something making a noise the other day and on investigation it sounded like it was coming from the boot lock. I'll have a look later and see if I can do anything.
Cheers
6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

Post by 6n2stan »

If the CL pump is working check all the pipes for air leaks as that is often the cause of nothing unlocking 👍🏼
Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Post by Bazzad88 »

Yeah a lot of the time it's a split pipe, the short pipe that goes to the fuel cap is a common one to split, this happened to mine and stopped my car locking
jamz0161
New
Drives: Polo 6N2 GTI

Post by jamz0161 »

slightlytanned wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 am Also, when I turn on the heating/air con the whole car/engine seems to shudder and shake quite a lot more.
Hi mate. Ive just bought my GTi recently and my heating/air con does this aswell. Not sure if its normal or not though. Hopefully someone can fill us in about this.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

The air con running will put more load on the engine. It should shake excessively though