Immobilizer Engine Stop

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Kurtis6n2
New
Drives: 2002 GTI

Immobilizer Engine Stop

Post by Kurtis6n2 »

Hello all,
I have just put a 2002 Polo GTI engine in my lupo. But there is no spark. When I removed the engine it ran fine. First turn of the key and fired up no worries.
The engine and loom ect has been sat for a few months before I put it in the Lupo.
I changed the spark plugs, it leads, coil pack and even the crank shaft sensor. I've checked all the earths and everything is fine.
I plugged a diagnostic machine into it and the first code was immobilizer engine stop. Cleared the codes but still nothing. Now the diagnostic machine won't connect to the car (took a fair few times to connect it at first before clearing the codes)
Can anyone help me please? I don't understand why it all of a sudden doesn't work? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Kurtis
dipstr
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 gti

Re: Immobilizer Engine Stop

Post by dipstr »

Sounds like the immobilser has failed. Did you swop over the immobilser from the donor vehicle.?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kurtis6n2
New

Post by Kurtis6n2 »

I did mate yeah. I changed over the key. Barrel. Ecu. Immobilizer box and key ring mate. But I did try to start it at first with the old lupo key and barrel. I'm thinking it is that that locked the immobilizer
Thanks for the reply
dipstr
Getting There!

Post by dipstr »

Right. Did you erase fault memory and re check after trying to start? Immobilser are very common like even though it ran before you removed it. Has it been sat round for a while?

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Have you got an aftermarket radio? If its putting power down the k-line wire, diagnostics will be very hit and miss
Kurtis6n2
New

Post by Kurtis6n2 »

At the moment I have no radio in the car.. the dash is not in yet wires are loose as I didn't want to boot everything down tight to take it all out again.. and I did try connect the machine again once cleared but the machine wouldn't connect to my car. It kept saying connection/link failure
Thanks for the replies guys
dipstr
Getting There!

Post by dipstr »

Make sure all your dad the are fitted and tight. You need to make sure the feed is also there at the diagnostic port if it keeps coming up with that fault.

Kurtis6n2
New

Post by Kurtis6n2 »

Make sure all what are tight? I've checked all the earths and they are all tight.. and checked all the plugs and everything is tight.. just won't connect to the diagnostic machine :'(
dipstr
Getting There!

Post by dipstr »

Right ok then I would make sure that the diagnostic port has it's 12v feed to it otherwise it will never work. What diagnostic equipment are you using? Could you try another to eliminate that as possibly being the fault

Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Post by Bazzad88 »

I had a similar problem on my polo, my immobiliser had packed up, I got another ecu, immo and key chip from another polo and it fired up
Kurtis6n2
New

Post by Kurtis6n2 »

Would it have to be a polo gti ecu key and immob box? Or any polo?? And how would I check that it's getting 12v? When I connect the diagnostic machine it powered it on but just not linking to the car? I was using a cheap 30 quid one but I got a garage to use a snap on one :) thank you guys so much really means a lot to me for your suggestion and help x
Bazzad88
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 polo GTi

Post by Bazzad88 »

Yeah it will all need to come from the same gti, I couldn't connect to my car either when mine gave up, after fitting the new ecu, immo etc it connects fine