2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
SRGTD
Silver Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Drives: 2016 6C Polo GTI 5 door, Blue Silk
Location: UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by SRGTD » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:32 am

Oli3000 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:11 pm
GolfDriver wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 pm
Thanks for posting the GTI video. Very informative.

I'm a fan of blue but maybe a bit too dark for a GTI.

Model that I am interested in is the 1.5 be good if anyone hears of any info on that one.

Thanks.
Disappointingly, according to the back of the brochure, the 1.5 evoTSI will be available in R-line DSG trim only. Would have been nice to have a manual option!
Yes, I’d noticed that;
SRGTD wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 pm
Based on information available so far, this engine will only be available in the R-Line model, and will only be available with the 7 speed DSG (no manual option). UK pricing for this model hasn't been announced yet - assume we’ll hear more later this year or early next year.
I’ve driven DSG equipped VW’s and I wouldn’t be averse to having one, although my preference would be to have a manual.

Oli3000
Getting There!
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:29 am
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL
Location: Bristol

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by Oli3000 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:46 pm

SRGTD wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:32 am
Oli3000 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:11 pm
GolfDriver wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 pm
Thanks for posting the GTI video. Very informative.

I'm a fan of blue but maybe a bit too dark for a GTI.

Model that I am interested in is the 1.5 be good if anyone hears of any info on that one.

Thanks.
Disappointingly, according to the back of the brochure, the 1.5 evoTSI will be available in R-line DSG trim only. Would have been nice to have a manual option!
Yes, I’d noticed that;
SRGTD wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 pm
Based on information available so far, this engine will only be available in the R-Line model, and will only be available with the 7 speed DSG (no manual option). UK pricing for this model hasn't been announced yet - assume we’ll hear more later this year or early next year.
I’ve driven DSG equipped VW’s and I wouldn’t be averse to having one, although my preference would be to have a manual.
The DSG GTI will be available to order from 5th December - as far as I understand it the manual models will be open to order in the new year. I wonder if the evoTSI DSG will be available on the 5th, too?

gt001
New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:02 pm
Drives: VW Polo

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by gt001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Crash tests look very impressive
http://www.polodriver.com/polo-2017/eur ... ty-rating/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicster
New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by nicster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm

I see the SEL has now appeared on the UK VW site (from £18,130): http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-nf ... !#overview and the GTI has appeared on the German site (from €23,950): https://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/polo-gti.html

Oli3000
Getting There!
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:29 am
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL
Location: Bristol

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by Oli3000 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 am

Interestingly active info display appears to have been removed from the configurator!

lancslad1985
Bronze Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 am
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI, 2016 Golf GTD
Location: Preston, UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by lancslad1985 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am

The new gti (but not the plus) is on the German VW website with dsg gearbox. Its listed at 23950 euros, which is about £22000. Red and white are the free colours, both solid not metallic.

If the plus is much more I’d probably stump up the extra for a golf gti, they’re only £26000 after carwow!

SRGTD
Silver Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Drives: 2016 6C Polo GTI 5 door, Blue Silk
Location: UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by SRGTD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm

lancslad1985 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am
The new gti (but not the plus) is on the German VW website with dsg gearbox. Its listed at 23950 euros, which is about £22000. Red and white are the free colours, both solid not metallic.

If the plus is much more I’d probably stump up the extra for a golf gti, they’re only £26000 after carwow!
The latest price list brochure for the new Polo includes the price of the options for the GTI and GTI+, but not the list price of the actual car; assume that VW will release these within the next few weeks. The list below are the items of spec that the UK GTI+ gets as standard over the spec of the UK GTI (non-plus) model.

So, based on the price of the German Polo GTI, if it’s assumed the UK model with DSG will be around £22k, adding the options from the latest UK price list brochure to upgrade the spec to the GTI+ level gets you to nearly £25k (!). If you want goodies such as 18” wheels (£350), sat nav (£650), pano roof (£900), wireless phone charging (£355), or metallic paint (£565), that makes an already expensive Polo a very expensive Polo. Anyone wanting a GTI+ would be best to wait until some decent discounts are available (unlikely to be much, if any, discount initially).

Est GTI price (based on German price, with DSG); £22,000

Upgrades to UK GTI+ spec (prices from latest Polo price list);
LED headlights; £850
Rear tinted windows; £275
Front centre armrest; £135
Electric folding door mirrors; £160
Keyless entry; £310
Light and sight pack; £195
Active info display; £325
Adaptive cruise control; £600
Total upgrades £2,850

Total price; GTI, including upgrades to GTI+ spec); £24,850

lancslad1985
Bronze Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 am
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI, 2016 Golf GTD
Location: Preston, UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by lancslad1985 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:15 am

SRGTD wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm
lancslad1985 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am
The new gti (but not the plus) is on the German VW website with dsg gearbox. Its listed at 23950 euros, which is about £22000. Red and white are the free colours, both solid not metallic.

If the plus is much more I’d probably stump up the extra for a golf gti, they’re only £26000 after carwow!
The latest price list brochure for the new Polo includes the price of the options for the GTI and GTI+, but not the list price of the actual car; assume that VW will release these within the next few weeks. The list below are the items of spec that the UK GTI+ gets as standard over the spec of the UK GTI (non-plus) model.

So, based on the price of the German Polo GTI, if it’s assumed the UK model with DSG will be around £22k, adding the options from the latest UK price list brochure to upgrade the spec to the GTI+ level gets you to nearly £25k (!). If you want goodies such as 18” wheels (£350), sat nav (£650), pano roof (£900), wireless phone charging (£355), or metallic paint (£565), that makes an already expensive Polo a very expensive Polo. Anyone wanting a GTI+ would be best to wait until some decent discounts are available (unlikely to be much, if any, discount initially).

Est GTI price (based on German price, with DSG); £22,000

Upgrades to UK GTI+ spec (prices from latest Polo price list);
LED headlights; £850
Rear tinted windows; £275
Front centre armrest; £135
Electric folding door mirrors; £160
Keyless entry; £310
Light and sight pack; £195
Active info display; £325
Adaptive cruise control; £600
Total upgrades £2,850

Total price; GTI, including upgrades to GTI+ spec); £24,850
Auto express are saying the dsg model is approximately £1500 more than the manual. So, based on the figures in Germany, we are looking at £20500 for a standard gti and £23,300 for a gti plus currently.

Hopefully the plus will be discounted slightly rather than just adding the cost of the extras to the standard gti.

SRGTD
Silver Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Drives: 2016 6C Polo GTI 5 door, Blue Silk
Location: UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by SRGTD » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am

lancslad1985 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:15 am
Auto express are saying the dsg model is approximately £1500 more than the manual. So, based on the figures in Germany, we are looking at £20500 for a standard gti and £23,300 for a gti plus currently.

Hopefully the plus will be discounted slightly rather than just adding the cost of the extras to the standard gtl.
You would hope that would be the case, wouldn’t you.

There are now some specific reviews of the new GTI on YouTube, including the reviewers test driving the car. VW do seem to be cutting costs in some areas of the car. One of the reviewers commented on the absence of the interior roof mounted grab handles, and the door cards now being hard plastic with no cloth upholstered panel inserts like the current Polo has. Difficult to tell what the hard plastic door cards really look like from a video, but IMO, they’re likely to cheapen the look and feel of the interior compared to the 6c and some of the Polo’s rivals.

I will be looking at the GTI / GTI+ when the time comes to change my current GTI. I wouldn’t ever be one of the early adopters of a new model; I’d wait until any teething problems had been put right and by waiting, there’s more chance of getting a decent discount off the list price in 2-3 years time when my current car will be due for replacement, than there will be on the first of the new model produced.

nicster
New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by nicster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:22 pm

I see the French site has more models - and their configurator actually includes the black roof options. Can’t decide if I like it or not!

Teras_UK
New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:00 pm
Drives: VW Scirocco, want 2018 polo R-Line
Location: Lowestoft

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by Teras_UK » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am

Ordered my SEL DSG on saturday from Robinsons VW Lowestoft. Got the free first years insurance and they knocked another £500 off on top of the £500 dealer contribution. Apparently im the first person to order one from them let alone that variant which I was quite surprised about. Originally wanted the 1.5 R-Line but its been pushed back to mid next year and I wanted something more economical so the 1.0L 115BHP will do the job fine.

Went with energetic orange and the dark adimantium wheels. Other than that the SEL came with a surprisingly large amount of options so I only added keyless entry, heated seats, direct chassis control and flappy paddles. They have removed the option for the digital multi-function display for some reason but im not that fussed as its probably only a distraction anyway.

lancslad1985
Bronze Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 am
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI, 2016 Golf GTD
Location: Preston, UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by lancslad1985 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Sounds nice. They quoted a delivery estimate?

We are considering replacing the gti with an SEL (need bigger boot with kid coming) but can’t even find a showroom with any polo in or even a hint of when the first ones will arrive to test drive.

Jessesam
New
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:01 pm
Drives: BlueGT
Location: Sunderland

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by Jessesam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Dealers are only getting their initial allocation delivered starting this week so not long to wait to see one in the metal

SRGTD
Silver Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Drives: 2016 6C Polo GTI 5 door, Blue Silk
Location: UK

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by SRGTD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Teras_UK wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am
Ordered my SEL DSG on saturday from Robinsons VW Lowestoft. Got the free first years insurance and they knocked another £500 off on top of the £500 dealer contribution. Apparently im the first person to order one from them let alone that variant which I was quite surprised about. Originally wanted the 1.5 R-Line but its been pushed back to mid next year and I wanted something more economical so the 1.0L 115BHP will do the job fine.

Went with energetic orange and the dark adimantium wheels. Other than that the SEL came with a surprisingly large amount of options so I only added keyless entry, heated seats, direct chassis control and flappy paddles. They have removed the option for the digital multi-function display for some reason but im not that fussed as its probably only a distraction anyway.
I really like Energetic Orange, and I’m a big fan of anthracite coloured alloys, so a good choice! Hopefully the wait won’t be too long.

Be sure to post some pictures up once you’ve taken delivery.

nicster
New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by nicster » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

Has anyone seen these in a U.K. showroom yet?

Post Reply