Retrofit spray heated windscreen.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Rampolo
New
Drives: Mk10

Retrofit spray heated windscreen.

Post by Rampolo »

Hello,

I am doing the retrofitting of the heated windscreen sprays, I wanted to know if someone has retrofitted it, so that they can tell me how they have done it and how they have connected and coded. thanks I hope to cause a little intrigue in making the retrofit. It is easy to start in rerofits but I have doubts with the pin in BCM. greetings to all. :wink:

Rampolo.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Retrofit spray heated windscreen.

Post by iichel »

In my schedules, I cannot find any reference to the washer jet heaters (Z20, Z21). Probably best to connect them to a terminal 15 fuse and GND, that's how they are in the 6R/6C as well.
Rampolo
New

Post by Rampolo »

Hello, but the pin I think should not be connected directly to the fuse terminal, I think it has to be connected to the BCM (body control module) of the car, otherwise it would be working all the time I suppose I have not tried, also they reach high temperatures and in Summer can be a problem ... if you connect to the BCM you would control at what temperature you want them to turn on, for example when the temperature is low as 4ºC the car decides that they should be heated before possible ice. I have seen in retrofits of other vag cars that connect the BCM in the connector "B" on pin number 9, but it turns out that the pole is already occupied, here is my question that if there will be another pin where to connect it. if someone knows or wants to retrofit out of curiosity.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resour ... r-jets.26/
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C 1ltr TSI/2018 1ltr TSI AW

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

Mine is currently fitted like iichel has said because ive no idea what pin would be the correct one for this on the BCM so mine are on all the time...

your other option is then to take out the fuse in the summer

scott
Rampolo
New

Post by Rampolo »

Ok, if it is also a good option to remove the Fuse in summer, thanks to both (iichel and Scotty_boy vw) for guiding me.
If one day I find the Pin in the BCM I will share it. :wink:
Rampolo.