Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by SRGTD »

dash09 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:52 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:38 am Received this reply from VW SA this morning upon my enquiry:

Capture.JPG
Can confirm this, we didn't receive the 7 speed box as far as I know. Bought mine mid august, since the company I work for is part of vw I ordered from factory and local production had already stopped. Mine has the 2021 updates like badging and type c ports all round, regular 6 speed box and 147kw though. Would have liked to get the facelift, the factory did offer it to me, but with no eta or pricing I settled on the aw
IMHO I don’t think you’ve missed out on too much by getting a pre-facelift model. The IQ Matrix headlights are nice, and I quite like the revised rear light cluster design, but the small power uplift probably isn’t noticed in normal day to day driving. The touch panel for heating / ventilating / air-con I could definitely live without. Assuming the facelift model uses the same - or similar - software as other VAG cars that share the MQB platform, it could also be affected by the numerous software gremlins that many mk8 Golf owners seem to be experiencing.
sirwolfie
New
Drives: A45

Post by sirwolfie »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:37 am
dash09 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:52 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:38 am Received this reply from VW SA this morning upon my enquiry:

Capture.JPG
Can confirm this, we didn't receive the 7 speed box as far as I know. Bought mine mid august, since the company I work for is part of vw I ordered from factory and local production had already stopped. Mine has the 2021 updates like badging and type c ports all round, regular 6 speed box and 147kw though. Would have liked to get the facelift, the factory did offer it to me, but with no eta or pricing I settled on the aw
IMHO I don’t think you’ve missed out on too much by getting a pre-facelift model. The IQ Matrix headlights are nice, and I quite like the revised rear light cluster design, but the small power uplift probably isn’t noticed in normal day to day driving. The touch panel for heating / ventilating / air-con I could definitely live without. Assuming the facelift model uses the same - or similar - software as other VAG cars that share the MQB platform, it could also be affected by the numerous software gremlins that many mk8 Golf owners seem to be experiencing.
Tend to agree. Just hope they have improved the build quality also as my daughters Polo rattled constantly from day one. Took numerous attempts to put right.
worsy
New
Drives: 2022 Polo Gti on order - 2019 Polo Gti+

Post by worsy »

I've just placed an order for a Kings Red/Black Roof with Comfort, Driver Assistance, 18" alloys, Inductive Charging for the wife. 42 weeks I've been quoted so that will mean her 2019 GTi+ will be just over 3 years old.

Hoping used prices hold up till then :)
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

worsy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 pm I've just placed an order for a Kings Red/Black Roof with Comfort, Driver Assistance, 18" alloys, Inductive Charging for the wife. 42 weeks I've been quoted so that will mean her 2019 GTi+ will be just over 3 years old.

Lovely, nice spec. What did they say about px values. Will that guarantee price as lowest and offer more of value increased when car ready?
worsy
New
Drives: 2022 Polo Gti on order - 2019 Polo Gti+

Post by worsy »

Manclad wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:39 pm
worsy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 pm I've just placed an order for a Kings Red/Black Roof with Comfort, Driver Assistance, 18" alloys, Inductive Charging for the wife. 42 weeks I've been quoted so that will mean her 2019 GTi+ will be just over 3 years old.

Lovely, nice spec. What did they say about px values. Will that guarantee price as lowest and offer more of value increased when car ready?
I went through DrivetheDeal so no px, although nearer the time I might ask the dealer if they want to buy for stock. Otherwise will advertise nearer the time. It is a nice Spec with the very rare Climate control on it and only just done 9000 miles so I expect it will be easy to sell at the right price.
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

Sounds good. I was surprised that with the preface lift Climate was an option on the GTi + and glad mine also has it but good to see it's now standard, as it should be be at the price. Look forward to seeing pictures when it eventually arrives 👍