2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Re: 2018 Polo NEW SHAPE

Post by JoeMarano »

I've got a picture and will put some more up on my Instagram #gassedupuk of the Polo Beats 2018 and will also have videos up in due time :)
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

JoeMarano wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:07 am I've got a picture and will put some more up on my Instagram #gassedupuk of the Polo Beats 2018 and will also have videos up in due time :)
Just looked up your posts about it, does the dashboard not seem a bit imposing at least from the passengers side? could just be the cream elements in photos. Also what are your thoughts on the new arteon looks quite nice
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Willni wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 am Just looked up your posts about it, does the dashboard not seem a bit imposing at least from the passengers side? could just be the cream elements in photos. Also what are your thoughts on the new arteon looks quite nice
I think it's the combination of colours that makes it look a little imposing. The official pictures of the GTI dashboard where the colour combinations are more complimentary - grey with silver inserts (as opposed to contrasting red/grey/cream) looks much better IMO.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:27 am
Willni wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 am Just looked up your posts about it, does the dashboard not seem a bit imposing at least from the passengers side? could just be the cream elements in photos. Also what are your thoughts on the new arteon looks quite nice
I think it's the combination of colours that makes it look a little imposing. The official pictures of the GTI dashboard where the colour combinations are more complimentary - grey with silver inserts (as opposed to contrasting red/grey/cream) looks much better IMO.
Funny that, usually lighter colours make a car feel spacious
JoeMarano
Bronze Member

Post by JoeMarano »

Willni wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 am
JoeMarano wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:07 am I've got a picture and will put some more up on my Instagram #gassedupuk of the Polo Beats 2018 and will also have videos up in due time :)
Just looked up your posts about it, does the dashboard not seem a bit imposing at least from the passengers side? could just be the cream elements in photos. Also what are your thoughts on the new arteon looks quite nice
I wasn't a fan of all the white but the new interior is actually rather nice and plush to be honest. I wasn't expecting to like it. Hopefully i'll have a full video of Jurgen Stackman talking about it in depth up in the next day or so.
JoeMarano
Bronze Member

Post by JoeMarano »

Just uploaded a look at the Polo Beats by Jurgen Stackmann...

https://youtu.be/gRUdbc3QZ30
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Nice to see that the new polo has a handbrake (for sharp turns!!) :D
Malcolm Scott
New
Drives: 2010 (60) 1.2 SEL TSI

Post by Malcolm Scott »

For anyone interested, Autocar have today published a fairly superficial test of the 2018MY Polo.

They have awarded it four stars, less than the 2018 models of Ford Fiesta and Seat Ibiza which both get 4.5 stars.

By coincidence, I also discovered that the configurator on the German VW website is up and running.

Out of interest, I specced up a Highline (SEL here) with the 95bhp 1.0TSI engine and 5-speed gearbox (115bhp + 6-speed combo not currently listed) - the total price was €21,155 (£19,650) at todays commercial rate.

Whilst I appreciate that the VAT rate here may differ from that in Germany, it looks as though a significant price hike coupled with a paring back of the standard equipment level is inevitable when UK sales begin.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Good find Malcolm. For those interested, link to the Autocar review;

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/vo ... 017-review

I'm looking forward to seeing the GTI in right hand drive UK spec. I wouldn't consider buying one of the first though as I tend to keep my cars 4-5 years and I've only had my current GTI 18 months. It'll be on my list when I change in 2020/2021, and by that time, hopefully there'll be some good deals available through brokers and any initial teething troubles will have been well and truly sorted.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Paint colour choices for the new Polo;

https://mobile.twitter.com/vwuknews/sta ... 2587843585
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm Paint colour choices for the new Polo;

https://mobile.twitter.com/vwuknews/sta ... 2587843585
They're awful colours at least in my eyes they are the only decent ones in that would be;
Flash Red, White, the two blacks and strangely that yellow lol.

They need to ditch those blues, the two greys and the copper. More disappointed at the blue considering they have such nice blues already made like the Scirocco's Rising Blue (medium colour metallic) the old blue on the 6r should speak for itself really no one picked it because it didn't suit the car.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Willni wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:55 am They're awful colours at least in my eyes they are the only decent ones in that would be;
Flash Red, White, the two blacks and strangely that yellow lol.

They need to ditch those blues, the two greys and the copper. More disappointed at the blue considering they have such nice blues already made like the Scirocco's Rising Blue (medium colour metallic) the old blue on the 6r should speak for itself really no one picked it because it didn't suit the car.
If I was considering buying a new Polo, I've narrowed the choices down to Flash Red or Pure White.

When I do eventually change my current Polo GTI, the new Polo GTI will be a serious consideration for me. IMO Pure White looks a bit bland on the lower spec models, but would probably look OK on the GTI with the red accents and GTI bumpers and sill extensions. All the launch pictures of the GTI have been Flash Red, and I think it really suits the GTI model.

I don't dislike Energetic Orange, which was the colour of the Polo R Line at the official unveiling of the new Polo earlier this year but I don't know if I'd choose it though - it may be one of those 'of the moment' colours that are in vogue now but no one wants when the time comes to sell the car in a few years time.

The Honey Yellow is a current VW up! colour. If you Google 'Honey Yellow VW up! there are lots of images on the 'net so you can see what it looks like in the metal.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:49 am
If I was considering buying a new Polo, I've narrowed the choices down to Flash Red or Pure White.

When I do eventually change my current Polo GTI, the new Polo GTI will be a serious consideration for me. IMO Pure White looks a bit bland on the lower spec models, but would probably look OK on the GTI with the red accents and GTI bumpers and sill extensions. All the launch pictures of the GTI have been Flash Red, and I think it really suits the GTI model.

I don't dislike Energetic Orange, which was the colour of the Polo R Line at the official unveiling of the new Polo earlier this year but I don't know if I'd choose it though - it may be one of those 'of the moment' colours that are in vogue now but no one wants when the time comes to sell the car in a few years time.

The Honey Yellow is a current VW up! colour. If you Google 'Honey Yellow VW up! there are lots of images on the 'net so you can see what it looks like in the metal.
From a longevity stand point I can tell you also pick a metallic white or black over the basic black and white, they just wear far better because of the metallic in them, and you're definitely right a plain white car with low spec is bland, it just looks like the owner said "I don't care about it just something to get me from A to B". My current polo a 64 plate although it's relatively standard, because it's red and I look after it everyone says how it looks completely different to all the rest (even had people wanting to buy it off me when I took a few mods off, because it always looks immaculate lol).

But I agree with you there's a lot of colours out at the minute that won't look 'right' in 8-10 years time, personally I'd quite like a car that VW metallic brown, I think it looks great in the sun.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I moved this topic to the new 2018 Polo subforum, opening it officially.

The new Polo is now available in the online configurator.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Well done. I was thinking to do the same.

The new Polo 2018 is very desirable, everything indicates we'll buy one (the 6R will also stay with us :wink:).