What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Andy Beats »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:41 am

Not sure about the guy collecting the car wouldn’t be aware the wheels were originally diamond cut though; most VW performance models have diamond cut alloys as standard. If they’re a fan of VW performance cars, they’ll probably know. If not, then there’s a good chance they won’t have a clue.
I've changed the colour of PCP/lease car wheels before and none of them have queried it.
Maybe if I did them pink they'd know, but if you do a colour that looks like it could have been an option then I guess they must figure it's right.
Then they just default to condition.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Wheel fixed...
Half relieved, as it was cheaper and the car will be going in January and it will eliminate any arguing with VW.
Half gutted as I was looking forward to seeing it in all black wheels.
he did say there's no metal left for another repair on that wheel though, so any further dings will mean a new wheel or going for one colour finish.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

The car is back at the dealers to fit a new boot lock under warranty (only 2 years/15k miles). The original lock failed, and fortunately I have a habit of checking the doors & boot after locking the door and disabling the keyless entry, I discovered that the boot lock was hit & miss & was abled to be opened.
So several weeks ago when I had it serviced I mentioned that the front ACC/emergency braking sensor was throwing up a amber fault indicating that it wasn’t able to read the road in front, and the boot lock was faulty.
So they booked it in for a diagnostic scan, where they said they lowered the sensitivity of the ACC sensor, the diagnostic showed that the boot module was faulty and they put the boot lock on back order, fast forward 3 weeks and today they finally fitted the new lock and changed the aircon sticker
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

Sold My Polo GTI, i needed a bigger comfortable car.

I got myself a 2018 320i M Sport Shadow Edition with 13000miles. very happy with how it drives and feels!
kieranhendy
New
Drives: Polo AW R-Line 2019

Post by kieranhendy »

Nora wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:23 am The car is back at the dealers to fit a new boot lock under warranty (only 2 years/15k miles). The original lock failed, and fortunately I have a habit of checking the doors & boot after locking the door and disabling the keyless entry, I discovered that the boot lock was hit & miss & was abled to be opened.
So several weeks ago when I had it serviced I mentioned that the front ACC/emergency braking sensor was throwing up a amber fault indicating that it wasn’t able to read the road in front, and the boot lock was faulty.
So they booked it in for a diagnostic scan, where they said they lowered the sensitivity of the ACC sensor, the diagnostic showed that the boot module was faulty and they put the boot lock on back order, fast forward 3 weeks and today they finally fitted the new lock and changed the aircon sticker
I had an issue with my boot unlatching but not enough to open. Ended up having to replace it also.
Also had it unlatch the boot once while driving which was a bit un-nerving.
Omegaspeedy
New
Drives: MY21 Polo GTI

Post by Omegaspeedy »

Gave my GTI it's first big clean and detail. It's 4 weeks old now and gave it a Hybrid Ceramic treatment from Mequiers. Very happy with how it turned out. I traded my 2017 Hyundai Tucson for this and boy it's so much fun when you want it to be and efficient for my 84km return commute to work.
Attachments
0D584A43-E332-4B79-A136-7D27A901CA5F.jpeg
0D584A43-E332-4B79-A136-7D27A901CA5F.jpeg (3.9 MiB) Viewed 8983 times
48BCF532-FB78-45BB-B3D1-1A4E35BE30E4.jpeg
48BCF532-FB78-45BB-B3D1-1A4E35BE30E4.jpeg (3.92 MiB) Viewed 8983 times
D2B8C0B8-52AC-4E03-8C15-FA002925BD0E.jpeg
D2B8C0B8-52AC-4E03-8C15-FA002925BD0E.jpeg (3.44 MiB) Viewed 8983 times
B35996D2-AA97-48F9-A6F0-D9E3D7420A57.jpeg
B35996D2-AA97-48F9-A6F0-D9E3D7420A57.jpeg (2.83 MiB) Viewed 8983 times
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

Looks great...

I imagine my lowly 1.0 TSi looking as good.. LOL

I had to google 'Hybrid Ceramic treatment from Mequiers'

Why did you choose that? I'm always open to ideas. thanks
Omegaspeedy
New
Drives: MY21 Polo GTI

Post by Omegaspeedy »

grazuncle2 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:25 pm Looks great...

I imagine my lowly 1.0 TSi looking as good.. LOL

I had to google 'Hybrid Ceramic treatment from Mequiers'

Why did you choose that? I'm always open to ideas. thanks
Hi grazuncle2, I'm normally a wax fan for detailing but found a few videos comparing these new ceramics to pure wax's and was impressed with some of the testing. This stuff is not considered a ceramic treatment but it's a wax with ceramic somehow incorporated and it seems to make it more robust and an incredible finish. I thought I'd give it a go because of it's peculiar way of application. You wash your car, then rinse off all suds then spray on the hybrid ceramic over the water droplets. Spray more water over the application then dry and polish. It worked a treat.
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

I’ve just finished deep cleaning the 4 Brescia’s inc machine polishing the barrels and ceramic coating the whole wheel with Gtechnique C5 wheel armour which takes a min of 12hrs to cure. This was done one at a time over two weekends using the spare Brescia and enabled me to also rotate the wheel/tyres.
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

As for using a ceramic topper my go to is cosmic spritz which although expensive has a huge amount of gloss to make it shine in the summer sun. But in winter I revert back to Kamikaze collection v.3 topper and it’s more resilient for water repellent than the spritz but has less shine
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

I have been following discussion on Batteries and chargers in the forum...

Looking at other 'decent' chargers on the market I noticed that that have a connector and short lead permanently left on the battery and you just plug in the male end from the charger.. I don't like the crocodile clips on mine and although the service Earth is easy to get to, the positive post is awkward with the cover i have yet to learn how to lift off ( :shock: ).. so i bought some waterproof connectors and made up my own ends.. i fitted a connector to the crocodile clips (I cut off) just in case they night be needed elsewhere.

Pictures are fitted and the connectors.. I had to buy some terminal connectors to the battery terminals but they are simple crimp fittings.

I just need a clip to keep the battery end connector in place when not in use.. make one on the printer probably
Attachments
in place.JPG
in place.JPG (147.41 KiB) Viewed 8160 times
waterproof connectors.JPG
waterproof connectors.JPG (41.45 KiB) Viewed 8160 times
Iamnotbarry
New
Drives: GTi+ (aw)

Post by Iamnotbarry »

Recently change my air intake system to a Leyo motorsport induction kit.
Happy with the sound it produces.
Attachments
20210812_105814.jpg
20210812_105814.jpg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 8049 times
20210812_104906.jpg
20210812_104906.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 8049 times
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Twelve months tomorrow since I got my Polo GTI+ so today I took it back at the dealership for its first service. Because of Covid and lockdowns, I’ve driven fewer miles in the last 12 months (just over 4,300 miles) than I ever have in any other 12 month period during well over 40 years of driving.

The service advisor was very complimentary about my alloys; RC Design RC32’s in Ferric Grey Matt finish (7.5J x 18” ET51). They complied with my usual request not to wash my car as I wouldn’t appreciate it being given the VW dealer ‘scratch n swirl’ treatment 🙂.

Like the motor trade in general, the dealer I use is suffering from lack of good used car stock caused by the impact on new car production of semiconductor shortages and Covid (fewer new cars being built, so fewer trade-ins at dealers). They had their used car stock parked diagonally on the forecourt to give the appearance of having more cars for sale than they actually have. I dare say they’re not the only dealership doing this. Used car prices are crazy just now so it’s a great time to sell if you don’t need a car or you already have another to make use of; I could get more for my 12 month old Polo GTI+ now than I paid for it!
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:54 pm Twelve months tomorrow since I got my Polo GTI+ so today I took it back at the dealership for its first service. Because of Covid and lockdowns, I’ve driven fewer miles in the last 12 months (just over 4,300 miles) than I ever have in any other 12 month period during well over 40 years of driving.

The service advisor was very complimentary about my alloys; RC Design RC32’s in Ferric Grey Matt finish (7.5J x 18” ET51). They complied with my usual request not to wash my car as I wouldn’t appreciate it being given the VW dealer ‘scratch n swirl’ treatment 🙂.

Like the motor trade in general, the dealer I use is suffering from lack of good used car stock caused by the impact on new car production of semiconductor shortages and Covid (fewer new cars being built, so fewer trade-ins at dealers). They had their used car stock parked diagonally on the forecourt to give the appearance of having more cars for sale than they actually have. I dare say they’re not the only dealership doing this. Used car prices are crazy just now so it’s a great time to sell if you don’t need a car or you already have another to make use of; I could get more for my 12 month old Polo GTI+ now than I paid for it!
It is crazy, been about 2 weeks since I sold my GTI+, was sorry to see it go but when you're being offered more than list after over a year and almost 15k miles its hard not to accept. I'm happy with the upgrade however, just a shame if you want a used car you have to over pay for them at the minute.
grazuncle2
Silver Member

Post by grazuncle2 »

Agree..

I bought my Polo used at end of April.. Then the prices shot up..I could get more than I paid no but what would I buy that has not gone to in price too?