What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Dazeredo »

I can tell the are aftermarket because I know that a Polo with factory led headlights don't have DLR on the bumpers (my case).
It's looking great and the difference in light at night is huge!

PS: the fog light is also LED or whiter halogen?

Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Biggest give away is projector closer to center of car is working. They are not working at all at vw led lights
giannis159
Getting There!
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps

Post by giannis159 »

Dazeredo wrote:I can tell the are aftermarket because I know that a Polo with factory led headlights don't have DLR on the bumpers (my case).
It's looking great and the difference in light at night is huge!

PS: the fog light is also LED or whiter halogen?
Fog light is led too

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

I ended to put 6000k halogen bulbs on mine, afraid of errors. What bulbs did you get?
giannis159
Getting There!

Post by giannis159 »

Dazeredo wrote:I ended to put 6000k halogen bulbs on mine, afraid of errors. What bulbs did you get?
Use nighteye h8.no errors, perfect luminance ,very long time until to burn!

Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

Thanks, when the bulbs I've burn, now I know what to get next.
giannis159
Getting There!

Post by giannis159 »

Dazeredo wrote:Thanks, when the bulbs I've burn, now I know what to get next.
[emoji106][emoji106]

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Today I uninstalled my Thinkware F770 dashcam - if only they went in as easy - 20 min job to remove!

Then I took my GTI chrome key loops off my keys and put them on the wife's keys.

I took my flappy paddles off and put the originals back on. Need to empty it tomorrow night for trade-in on Friday.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:42 pm Today I uninstalled my Thinkware F770 dashcam - if only they went in as easy - 20 min job to remove!

Then I took my GTI chrome key loops off my keys and put them on the wife's keys.

I took my flappy paddles off and put the originals back on. Need to empty it tomorrow night for trade-in on Friday.
How much Mileage on your GTI?
What is next?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

green justin wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:06 am

What is next?

14300 miles in 23 months. Have to go for something more practical - we need one big car in the household, the wife is keeping her 2019 Polo GTI+.

I'm picking up an immaculate condition 11.5 month old Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI (190ps) S-Line Quattro. It's 40% cheaper than new RRP - with initial depreciation like that, it made no sense to buy new, even with an £8k discount, a new one will lose another £8-9k. Buying a year old, it should lose no more than £3k a year between now and 5 years old.

Not an exciting choice but should be comparable to the Polo GTI for mid range acceleration (maybe a touch slower).
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 am

What is next?

14300 miles in 23 months. Have to go for something more practical - we need one big car in the household, the wife is keeping her 2019 Polo GTI+.

I'm picking up an immaculate condition 11.5 month old Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI (190ps) S-Line Quattro. It's 40% cheaper than new RRP - with initial depreciation like that, it made no sense to buy new, even with an £8k discount, a new one will lose another £8-9k. Buying a year old, it should lose no more than £3k a year between now and 5 years old.

Not an exciting choice but should be comparable to the Polo GTI for mid range acceleration (maybe a touch slower).

Sounds like a good choice with plenty of power, and S line handling. Always good to find a nice example under a year old especially if you look after it for a few years it should hold it's value - a good market for decent estate cars at any age. Auto I presume? At least the other GTI is staying for a comparison / contrasting drive.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

You should keep the non gpf GTI for cracks and burbles!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

green justin wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 pm You should keep the non gpf GTI for cracks and burbles!
I dod put that to the missus, and the fact it has nav/rear camera that the white one doesn't. She's not interested. Remembered to reconnect the Soundaktor for next customer.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Simonz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 am

What is next?

Sounds like a good choice with plenty of power, and S line handling. Always good to find a nice example under a year old especially if you look after it for a few years it should hold it's value - a good market for decent estate cars at any age. Auto I presume? At least the other GTI is staying for a comparison / contrasting drive.
Yes, it's "S- tronic" (DSG under another name) 7 speed wet clutch. The car is a month younger than the salesman made out, after being emailed the log book.

Insurance was a slightly nasty surprise. The Polo is about £280 a year, my insurer (quotemehappy) wants an extra £129 pro-rata for between now and Nov when the insurance expires because they've decided it's a £630 a year premium. They're clearly taking the p*** because same details for the same car with the same insurer through confused.com comes up at £444. Admiral group insurers coming in at about £380 for year on same comparison site.
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 pm
Simonz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 am .

Yes, it's "S- tronic" (DSG under another name) 7 speed wet clutch. The car is a month younger than the salesman made out, after being emailed the log book.

Insurance was a slightly nasty surprise. The Polo is about £280 a year, my insurer (quotemehappy) wants an extra £129 pro-rata for between now and Nov when the insurance expires because they've decided it's a £630 a year premium. They're clearly taking the p*** because same details for the same car with the same insurer through confused.com comes up at £444. Admiral group insurers coming in at about £380 for year on same comparison site.

Always do comparison site checks every year for insurance at renewal time, sometimes companied just are not interested in your business and quote silly figures. As you find with the £444 figure. Doesn't pay to be loyal just go for sensible price each year with an ok company. Enjoy the Audi when it arrives.