What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Willni »

This is the place to mention anything you've done on your car today or since your last visit.

From the addition of a small cosmetic piece to an engine swap and everything in between including problems you've come across with the car it's all relevant and will help to create a forum full of ideas for your car and any problems and their solutions for the DIYers.

This is to try and create a large reference of all possible minor modifications, any issues to warn others to look out for and create a good community for owners to share information more effectively such as road trips or group meets.
Last edited by Willni on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dpautobodys
New
Drives: Polo 9n gt

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Dpautobodys »

Gave it a much needed clean and a quick vcds scan. All good.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

My Polo and me went to the Polo shop and ordered a new Polo
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

As for myself and many others in this forum, we're still waiting for them to be built.
So in a word "NOTHING"

But I might post in 26 weeks if I'm lucky, or at worse cancelled my order.

Why would anybody want to know what other people have done in their Polo's beats me, do they want a full blown description what goes on in the back seat?????? If you do, I'll make one up for you, but if it gets banned that is another matter.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 am As for myself and many others in this forum, we're still waiting for them to be built.
So in a word "NOTHING"

But I might post in 26 weeks if I'm lucky, or at worse cancelled my order.

Why would anybody want to know what other people have done in their Polo's beats me, do they want a full blown description what goes on in the back seat?????? If you do, I'll make one up for you, but if it gets banned that is another matter.
The thread is titled ‘what did you and your Polo do today?’, not ‘what did you do in your Polo?’.

So, the discussion thread gives people an opportunity to post details of such things as;
  • what they might have done to their car; e.g. fully detailed it, had certain modifications made to it, took it back to the dealer to investigate or fix certain issues etc, etc.
  • any notable road trips or journeys they may have gone on, and how the car performed
I don’t think the intention is for forum members to share details of any questionable activities that they may have performed in their car; on the backseat or anywhere else in the car for that matter 🤣.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Thank you for your reply, well it got a response, I keep wondering why this particular post never comes off the top of the posts list, even though other posts have been posted since this post.
Why does this post never comes off the top of the posts? OK after my reply it will be top.

Cam I ask another question, why when I try and put a smily on the post all I get is :D or 8) I bet when this comes out you will see 2 smilies?
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Would you believe it, I typed in the : D and 8 ) and the pictures turned up :oops:
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:38 pm Thank you for your reply, well it got a response, I keep wondering why this particular post never comes off the top of the posts list, even though other posts have been posted since this post.
Why does this post never comes off the top of the posts? OK after my reply it will be top.
It stays at the top of the forum board as it’s been created as a ‘sticky’. You’ll see that ‘stickies’ have a different topic icon (left hand side of the forum board under the ‘Topics’ heading) to other posts.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Who or how does a topic get a "sticky"? It's not as though it's a very important post? Especially as many members don't even have their Polo's yet. This time next year or 18 months down the line might be time to ask this question?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:30 am Who or how does a topic get a "sticky"?
From the forum FAQ’s;

What are sticky topics?
Sticky topics within the forum appear below announcements and only on the first page. They are often quite important so you should read them whenever possible. As with announcements and global announcements, sticky topic permissions are granted by the board administrator.
Alan Mc
New
Drives: 2018 polo GTI+ Limestone grey

Post by Alan Mc »

We went to the car wash. All shiny again.
Attachments
2E1D6141-3CF9-47D2-994D-7216B92DA97B.jpeg
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

I've not done a lot today, but my Polo went from "Processing your order" to "with the factory" :lol:
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Alan Mc wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 pm We went to the car wash. All shiny again.
I actually think I’m in love with your car :D
Alan Mc
New
Drives: 2018 polo GTI+ Limestone grey

Post by Alan Mc »

paulrodgers7 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 pm
Alan Mc wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 pm We went to the car wash. All shiny again.
I actually think I’m in love with your car :D
Thanks Paul.👍👍
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

We did our first driving lesson and came back unscathed :D
Attachments
20180730_195413.jpg