What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Joe VW
New
Drives: GTI

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Joe VW »

So after taking my GTI in 7 days ago and dumping it on the dealership after three other unsuccessful visits I am still without the car and only got offered a courtesy car from tomorrow.

The dealership don't know how to fix the problem (Particle Filter warning message, yellow ECU light, drastically delayed gear changes, very low MPG), so they contacted head office in Milton Keynes to ascertain how to fix the car. Milton Keynes apparently only get back to them every now and then with a "try this". So far this hasn't worked (surprise surprise). The customer service guy said he doesn't think I'll have the car back until the end of next week (which probably means the end of the week after). That will be a whole month without the vehicle.

Do I have any pushback on paying this month's PCP installment (or claiming it back) seeing as I'm not driving the car?

Are the dealership (Parkway Derby) taking the proverbial? I've tried to be patient with them so far but am fast losing my temper with them as it just seems excuse after excuse from them with little or no sense of urgency.
fletch555
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by fletch555 »

l3rady wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:57 pm
fletch555 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 pm How do you do this? I would like the dials to change colours depending on the mode selected...
It is not possible to change the dials based on driving mode.

Dials can be changed via coding in obdeleven or VCDS

OBDeleven the dials can be changed by:
Dashboard
Adaptation
Scroll to the bottom to tube_version
0 default
1-5 different clocks
6-F looked the same as default
These are the instructions of the Golf and may differ on the Polo. I have not tested but can confirm this evening if you want
Those instructions worked on the Polo! Thanks :-)
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Last week got a message come up "25 days to service" booked it in for today, I have prepaid services so no money changed hands. the girl said with a smile "You have all green lights on your service". I replied, "Bloody wants to, it's only a year old with only 4000 miles on the clock".
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

After my last post, I had to go out, me and the Mrs got in the car and straight away, the front screen and side windows misted up, on the way home from the garage, I did have the air-con on, so I cannot blame that on damp air. I had to use the end button to blast the screen to clear it, the one you use first thing in the morning when it's cold, then when parked up and with the sun being low, I've never seen my windows so smeared up, it's as though the guy had just wiped round my wheels then went straight onto the glass, both inside and out.
When I got home it took a good hour to get the glass clean, I have emailed them and told them, "That it was the first and last time they ever wash my motor"
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:18 pm After my last post, I had to go out, me and the Mrs got in the car and straight away, the front screen and side windows misted up, on the way home from the garage, I did have the air-con on, so I cannot blame that on damp air. I had to use the end button to blast the screen to clear it, the one you use first thing in the morning when it's cold, then when parked up and with the sun being low, I've never seen my windows so smeared up, it's as though the guy had just wiped round my wheels then went straight onto the glass, both inside and out.
When I got home it took a good hour to get the glass clean, I have emailed them and told them, "That it was the first and last time they ever wash my motor"
I never ever let the dealer wash my car!

I’ve seen the sponge jockeys at the dealers ‘washing’ customers cars with their bucket of dirty water and gritty sponge that’s been used on countless cars before. Fine if you want your paint to have the ‘just scoured with a pan scourer’ look, but I don’t want that look for my car.

I tie a tag on my keys with a ‘do not wash’ instruction written on it, put my ‘do not wash this car’ hanger on the interior rear view mirror, and get the service advisor to write the same instruction on the workshop job sheet. It’s worked so far and they’ve respected my request not to wash my car when I’ve asked them not to.

I try and ensure my car has just been cleaned before it goes into the dealers any servicing / repair work. It makes it easier to do the accompanied walk-round with the service advisor to inspect for damage. They can also see that it’s well cared for and damage free, and that it doesn’t need washing.
sam.holt
New
Drives: Polo GTI +

Post by sam.holt »

I never ever let the dealer wash my car!

I’ve seen the sponge jockeys at the dealers ‘washing’ customers cars with their bucket of dirty water and gritty sponge that’s been used on countless cars before. Fine if you want your paint to have the ‘just scoured with a pan scourer’ look, but I don’t want that look for my car.

Totally get this, many moons ago i had a mini, when it went in for a service BMW took it upon themselves to let the 'sponge jockeys' loose on my car. The black roof especially looked liked someone had been skating across the roof. Initially when i complained they wanted their in-house body shop to buff it out, and when i checked, they'd buff it and then back to Sponge Jockeys again to get that 'just scoured look'. Eventually it cost them, as they had to pay for it to be professionally detailed at a detailers of my choice. Ever since a note stays on my dash DO NOT WASH. It works for me.
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

Scotty_boy vw wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm Time for my latest Retrofit not even available as an option!
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... LffU6dmAXE
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... 5PD5HErscS
7FAB42B0-50F0-4A57-BEC9-66A875C0F2E4.jpeg
FDB399C9-23BF-4C55-8879-872D65732F2B.jpeg
FA035BC9-5C53-4D3D-8A97-A101320A3D17.jpeg
74C8DDBA-3207-4827-8FE6-5B40FBAFE06C.jpeg
DAB4C476-5CA2-47DF-8D31-BF4CCD7D4EA5.jpeg
Also with High Beam Assist too

Scott
Hi Scotty_boy, very interested in High Beam Assist for the wife's upcoming Gti+, she has this on her current A1 Sline and I've told her it may be possible. The dealer can't help us. :(

I'm off to drop you a PM.... :D

Cheers

MJ
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

My wife's old A1 had high beam assist as part of some kind of tech pack. Used it twice. Kept forgetting to activate before every journey and you couldn't activate it once rolling. I don't generally drive on any pitch black country roads.
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

Yup, ours came with the comfort pack but you can activate it while your driving ( it is handy). Wife's had 2 previous polo's and 2 A1's but doesn't like the look of the new model A1 so heading back to a Polo. I have a VCDS cable and I'm quite experienced in using it but I'm guessing more than just going into a couple of modules and enabling a couple of settings. As I haven't used the forum much I'm unable to PM yet. Not sue how many posts I need to make though. :?

MJ
brynteg73
New
Drives: Polo Gti+

Post by brynteg73 »

happy december!! last two days have had big freezes here on the coast of west wales... What do you polo owners use as good screen covers?? i used to use an old dust sheet but it stuck to the car...
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

brynteg73 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 am happy december!! last two days have had big freezes here on the coast of west wales... What do you polo owners use as good screen covers?? i used to use an old dust sheet but it stuck to the car...
I use this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
brynteg73
New
Drives: Polo Gti+

Post by brynteg73 »

[/quote]
I use this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
[/quote]

Thanks i will have a look
lonares
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI

Post by lonares »

Changed the destroyed front tyre :(
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

lonares wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 pm Changed the destroyed front tyre :(
Any pics.... MJ
mjsaville
Getting There!

Post by mjsaville »

mjsaville wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 pm
Scotty_boy vw wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm Time for my latest Retrofit not even available as an option!
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... LffU6dmAXE
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... 5PD5HErscS
7FAB42B0-50F0-4A57-BEC9-66A875C0F2E4.jpeg
FDB399C9-23BF-4C55-8879-872D65732F2B.jpeg
FA035BC9-5C53-4D3D-8A97-A101320A3D17.jpeg
74C8DDBA-3207-4827-8FE6-5B40FBAFE06C.jpeg
DAB4C476-5CA2-47DF-8D31-BF4CCD7D4EA5.jpeg
Also with High Beam Assist too

Scott
Hi Scotty_boy, very interested in High Beam Assist for the wife's upcoming Gti+, she has this on her current A1 Sline and I've told her it may be possible. The dealer can't help us. :(

I'm off to drop you a PM.... :D

Cheers

MJ
@Scotty_boy - Thanks for your PM, still not able to send PMs being a new user with a low post count. I've messaged the mods, and await a reply. Cheers MJ

** Update ** - it looks like 11 posts triggers PM functionality. 😊