Polo AW Photo Gallery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: Polo AW Photo Gallery

Post by MilgeS »

Hi all, a few pictures of my R-Line I'm collecting in a few weeks (would have sooner but I'm a driving instructor with tests booked in my current car) and I had a sneak peek at the dealers this weekend.

I'm also getting a GTi+ in white which is due in Germany tomorrow so it'll be a few more weeks until I get hold of that, I'll post some proper pictures when I take ownership.
Attachments
20180714_111034.jpg
20180714_110945.jpg
20180714_110922.jpg
20180714_111147.jpg
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

All the new Polos looking pretty smart and nice on here. Picking up my reef blue polo on Friday from the dealer after 7 months. Hopefully the wait was worthwhile. Will post pics up then.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Look forward to seeing your car John, where I live there's a couple of Reef Blue SE's that look really nice :-)
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Post by PilotRoss91 »

Reef Blue is looking great! Looking forward to getting mine in the next millennia :lol:
john-k
New

Post by john-k »

Will post up pics after handover tomorrow :D
To date I've only seen ONE Reef Blue and TWO Energetic Oranges running around down here in Devon. Most stock cars at the dealers here are silver or black. I guess the folk down here are more conservative in colour choices?

Will keep y'all updated
john-k
New

Post by john-k »

First pics up now. First impressions with the car are excellent. With regards to the cheap plastic sides on doors, didn't find it a bother at all as my hands were not resting on it but overall, build quality seems good so far.
IMG_0058.JPG
20180720.jpg
I like how the colour actually changes through different shades of blue depending on sunlight.
Got the LED lights on mine, for those wondering about the bumper DRLs in another thread. Yes, the LEDs and the wiring are all in there for the bumper DRLs but its disabled.

Will do some night shots for people who are interested to see what the interior cabin looks like at night with ambient lights etc
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

John really pleased for you, your new Polo looks brilliant, that blue really shines, I’ll bet it looks amazing under street lights too.

Good health to enjoy and thank you for sharing your pics :D
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Please do post a few night time/evening shots for the DRLd. It'll look awesome. How are they at night?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

john-k wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 pm First pics up now. First impressions with the car are excellent. With regards to the cheap plastic sides on doors, didn't find it a bother at all as my hands were not resting on it but overall, build quality seems good so far.

I like how the colour actually changes through different shades of blue depending on sunlight.
Got the LED lights on mine, for those wondering about the bumper DRLs in another thread. Yes, the LEDs and the wiring are all in there for the bumper DRLs but its disabled.

Will do some night shots for people who are interested to see what the interior cabin looks like at night with ambient lights etc
@john-k; looks good and nice colour, especially in the sunshine.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I can understand if VW used the same wiring loom, even if you've got LED lights or not, but to keep the DRL's in the bumper, and not connected? I wonder in the normal wiring loom where the DRL are in the bumper, there are the wires for the LED lights, but don't connect them?
So in theory if the DRL are still in the bumper, but not connected, surely you could connect them up, and drive around like a Christmas tree with both sets working?
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

john-k wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 pm First pics up now. First impressions with the car are excellent. With regards to the cheap plastic sides on doors, didn't find it a bother at all as my hands were not resting on it but overall, build quality seems good so far.

IMG_0058.JPG
20180720.jpg

Looks lovely John, enjoy your car :-)
john-k
New

Post by john-k »

Right, so for LEDs at night, they are really bright. For someone who's moved from regular halogens to LEDs, it's a big step up in terms of brightness and also the length of the beam that illuminates the road ahead.

Pardon my bad smartphone camera, couldn't do a proper front shot as the camera would go out of focus from the bright lights against the dark background. The pics may not show it but the lights are seriously bright from a close distance.
Attachments
LED3.jpg
LED2.png
LED.png
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Managed to grab a few pictures yesterday, all the protective film off the car now, very dusty too, can't wait to collect the car now!
Attachments
20180722_093041.jpg
20180722_093101.jpg
20180722_093026.jpg
20180722_093005.jpg
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Those wheels look awesome on the R-line, when do you pick up MilgeS?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Thanks for the night time showing of your LED DRL, they look a class above the normal Polo, a real premium car look :wink:
Much better than the ones in the bumper.