Free first years insurance on the new polo?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Free first years insurance on the new polo?

Post by Teras_UK »

Hello all.

New member as im currently looking to buy the new 2018 polo as my Scirocco 2.0 petrol is drinking to much fuel these days.

Just noticed they have a new offer on the vw site offering your first years insurance for free on the new polo.

Are there any down sides to this? Does it count towards my no claims etc.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Free first years insurance on the new polo?

Post by lancslad1985 »

Hi Teras,

If it's the same as the current polo that has one year free, then it counts to no-claims etc. as any other insurance would. The only thing is you can't have the free insurance if you've had an accident in the last three years, regardless of fault. That's what VW insurance told my wife when she wanted to add me on for the GTI, so she went on it on her own.

Also, be prepared for a stupid renewal quote from VW insurance at the end of it. They wanted £1200 for my wife on the gti yet she got the same insurance for £350 at Hastings......
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

For young drivers, there’s now a requirement to have a telematics ‘black box’ fitted if they’re;

- 18-24 years old at the start of the policy, have had a full UK or EU licence for between 1 and 2 years
- 19-24 years old at the start of the policy and have had a full UK or EU licence for more than 2 years

If you do need to have a telematics box fitted to qualify for the free insurance, then any named drivers (max of two allowed) must be 21 years old or older. Policyholder and each named driver also need to download the VW insurance telematics app.

If you don’t renew at the end of the 12 months free cover, if you want the telematics box removed from your car, there’s a £50 charge.

If you currently have protected no claims discount, you can’t have this under the free VW insurance product.

Full terms and conditions of the Polo free insurance offer are at the link below;

https://www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/polo
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

Thanks for the info guys. Went in and ordered my new polo on Saturday and the insurance went through without a problem. Went for the SEL in energetic orange with the dark adamantium wheels.