Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:13 pm I’ve noticed the online configurator now allows GTI’s in white to be ordered with a black roof. I’ve emailed my dealer to see if it’s possible to amend my order.
It should be possible to amend your order if youve not got a confirmed build week yet.

The black roof was an option in the price list brochure from day one, and in the brochure it doesn’t state that you can only have it with Pure White paint, so maybe there are further configurator updates to come giving the option to have the black roof with other paint colours. The black roof option is available with most paint colours for the SE. SEL and R-Line models.

According to the price list brochure, gloss black door mirror caps also form part of the black roof option (and rear window tints for the non-plus GTI), but the mirror caps are still shown as white in the configurator images when the black roof option is selected.

It’s not unusual for there to be inconsistencies between the on-line configurator and the options in the price list brochure; until recently, when you selected the deep iron dash pad option, the configurator images still showed the red dash pad.
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:59 pm
clidds wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:13 pm I’ve noticed the online configurator now allows GTI’s in white to be ordered with a black roof. I’ve emailed my dealer to see if it’s possible to amend my order.
It should be possible to amend your order if youve not got a confirmed build week yet.

The black roof was an option in the price list brochure from day one, and in the brochure it doesn’t state that you can only have it with Pure White paint, so maybe there are further configurator updates to come giving the option to have the black roof with other paint colours. The black roof option is available with most paint colours for the SE. SEL and R-Line models.

According to the price list brochure, gloss black door mirror caps also form part of the black roof option (and rear window tints for the non-plus GTI), but the mirror caps are still shown as white in the configurator images when the black roof option is selected.

It’s not unusual for there to be inconsistencies between the on-line configurator and the options in the price list brochure; until recently, when you selected the deep iron dash pad option, the configurator images still showed the red dash pad.
I did try to order my GTI+ with the black roof initially but the dealer told me it wasn’t an available option on anything but the R-line version, although on the printed brochure it was shown as an option for the GTI as well but not the GTI+ all a bit bizzare!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 pm I did try to order my GTI+ with the black roof initially but the dealer told me it wasn’t an available option on anything but the R-line version, although on the printed brochure it was shown as an option for the GTI as well but not the GTI+ all a bit bizzare!
Yes, it is bizarre. There seems to be no logic to why certain options are available on some models but not on others.

If you’re unable to get your order amended to include the black roof option, you could always get your roof and door mirror caps vinyl wrapped in black once you’ve got the car.
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

Dealer has confirmed that the black roof is now able to be ordered on GTI models and I’ve been able to add it to my existing order