Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Post by johnpolo2 »

Have done the deal and ordered a GTI+
Leaving my current car out of px. £2500 off the price.
10 options added.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Nice. Have they given you any estimate for delivery?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:43 pm Nice. Have they given you any estimate for delivery?
Yes, probably around May. Same time period as last time .
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:50 pm Have done the deal and ordered a GTI+
10 options added.

Congratulations. The wait begins...........what 10 options did you pick?

Did you go for Limestone Grey with the red dash pad or did you pick an alternative colour so you could have the grey dash pad?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 pm
10 options added.

Did you go for Limestone Grey with the red dash pad or did you pick an alternative colour so you could have the grey dash pad?
I've stayed with the grey this time as I've had red twice and a white one before those. Can live with the quirky red dash.
The dealer had a Polo Beats in the showroom, it had a red dash. The red is more muted and slightly metallic looking in person than on video reviews I've seen. Unless of course there is more than one shade of red.

Options. GTI+ with winter pack, rear view camera, climate control, park assist, blind spot monitoring, panoramic sunroof, navigation, limestone grey, wireless charging pad, 18inch Brescia wheels.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 pm
10 options added.

I've stayed with the grey this time as I've had red twice and a white one before those. Can live with the quirky red dash.
The dealer had a Polo Beats in the showroom, it had a red dash. The red is more muted and slightly metallic looking in person than on video reviews I've seen. Unless of course there is more than one shade of red.

Options. GTI+ with winter pack, rear view camera, climate control, park assist, blind spot monitoring, panoramic sunroof, navigation, limestone grey, wireless charging pad, 18inch Brescia wheels.
Nice! 8) Be sure to post some pictures up when you get it.
chris.o'mahoney
New
Drives: Polo GTI plus in order

Post by chris.o'mahoney »

I specced a gti plus with limestone grey paint. 18 inch alloys. Dual AC. Rear view camera
Navigation and blind spot detection. RRP WAS 25125. Managed to get down to 23000. Cash price too. Used Car Wow and dealer matched price to another local vw dealer. Dealer tried to sell mats at130 quid until I pointed out it comes with them as standard spec.
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Just ordered by Reef Blue GTI+ with deep iron inserts, Discover Nav, Blind Spot Detection, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack and Climate Control.

Now for the long long wait....
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

My order is now with the factory but no build week allocated yet.

I spoke with online chat and they informed me Polo GTI's ordered today now have a lead time of 26 weeks. The free 1 year's insurance stipulates cars must be registered by 30th June 2018, clearly very few GTI's are actually going to be delivered by that time so I'd be interested to see whether VW honour the free insurance offer for cars registered after June or not?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm My order is now with the factory but no build week allocated yet.

I spoke with online chat and they informed me Polo GTI's ordered today now have a lead time of 26 weeks. The free 1 year's insurance stipulates cars must be registered by 30th June 2018, clearly very few GTI's are actually going to be delivered by that time so I'd be interested to see whether VW honour the free insurance offer for cars registered after June or not?
The free insurance deal on Polos has been running for quite a few years now. Historically, when the latest campaign is getting close to it’s final date, it seems to get extended or a new free insurance campaign starts. So I wouldn’t worry too much about the current free insurance campaign having finished before your car is registered, as it’s highly likely a new one will start from 1st July.

If you do take VW’s free insurance, ensure you don’t let it auto-renew when it becomes due for renewal 12 months later, as the price is likely to be horrendously expensive!
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

I'm hoping the 17's dont look too small on the car when mine arrives, not a fan of the 18's styling so figured i'd save myself £350 and also cheaper tyres in the long run.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Dan34 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm I'm hoping the 17's dont look too small on the car when mine arrives, not a fan of the 18's styling so figured i'd save myself £350 and also cheaper tyres in the long run.
I don’t think they will look too small, although I’ve not seen any pictures of a GTI / GTI+ with the standard 17” alloys (all have had the optional 18” Brescias). The 17’s will give a slightly more compliant ride than the 18’s as the tyres fitted to the 17’s will have a higher profile sidewall.

If you have a look at some of the pictures and videos of the R-Line with the optional 17” Bonneville wheels or the SEL with optional 17” Pamplona wheel, that’ll give you an idea of whether or not you think they look to small. The current price list brochure has an SEL on the front cover with optional 17” wheels and a picture of an R-Line on page 9 with 17’s too;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/com ... celist.pdf
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm
Dan34 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm I'm hoping the 17's dont look too small on the car when mine arrives, not a fan of the 18's styling so figured i'd save myself £350 and also cheaper tyres in the long run.
I don’t think they will look too small, although I’ve not seen any pictures of a GTI / GTI+ with the standard 17” alloys (all have had the optional 18” Brescias). The 17’s will give a slightly more compliant ride than the 18’s as the tyres fitted to the 17’s will have a higher profile sidewall.

If you have a look at some of the pictures and videos of the R-Line with the optional 17” Bonneville wheels or the SEL with optional 17” Pamplona wheel, that’ll give you an idea of whether or not you think they look to small. The current price list brochure has an SEL on the front cover with optional 17” wheels and a picture of an R-Line on page 9 with 17’s too;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/com ... celist.pdf
Nice one, thanks for that! In those pictures it looks fine on 17's so hopefully look ok in the metal! Always hard to judge. I do prefer having chunkier tyres on my cars in the past so 17's should work quite well hopefully.

Anyone know if the 17's come with Michelin PS4 like the 18's do?
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

I’ve noticed the online configurator now allows GTI’s in white to be ordered with a black roof. I’ve emailed my dealer to see if it’s possible to amend my order.
chris.o'mahoney
New
Drives: Polo GTI plus in order

Post by chris.o'mahoney »

I saw that option appear too. Though can’t really see what it looks like in the VW configurator. My current car is white but fed up of always cleaning it. Especially this time of year. Going for metallic grey this time.