Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Post by Jaimielad »

Specced a Gti plus this evening as im thinking about upgrading from my 2016 gti
£26 625 for a polo ffs!!!! :evil:
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Re: Gti and Gti plus available to configure

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Wow! Your in nearly new Golf R money there.
Jaimielad
New

Post by Jaimielad »

or golf gti clubsport or even a very decent caymen 3.4s
wtaf
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

A GTI plus pretty much has all the options - what did you add to get to that price?!

Scratch that - I added pretty much everything and made it to £28k... Mind boggling!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I specced one that came to significantly less than that. OP; you must have specced nearly all the available options to get up to a list price of £26k. Do you really need all those options? £26k is a lot, but who pays list price for a car these days? Currently, Drive the Deal are discounting a Polo GTI+ specced up to a list price of just under £26k by around £3.6k ( early 14% discount), so quite a bit less than £26k, and I’d be surprised if the current discount levels didn’t increase improve over time.

The GTI+ is a well specced car to start with, and there’s not much I’d want to add to the standard spec.

I’m not ready to change my current GTI for another 2 - 2.5 years, by which time the manual will be available. Based on current list prices adjusted for a manual gearbox (reduced by £1,350 which is the difference between DSG and manual on other models) I would be able to get a GTI+ through Drive the Deal for just under £19k.
Jaimielad
New

Post by Jaimielad »

bigger aloys, upgraded the interior, stereo/nav etc
also added the parking assist, rear view camera, blind spot detection and winter pack
£500 odd for the black paint too. Really like the blue but my wife will only drive black cars (and heated seats are a must)
i know you will get cheaper deals once the dealers have them in stock. My brother is a big wig at a major motor dealer so i will get a good deal from his lot.
I just thought 26 and a half grand was ridiculous.
3 door would have been nice but i think it looks great in 5 door.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

I really should know the answer, but what really is the main difference between a Polo GTI and Polo GTI Plus? I am assuming much like a Golf GTI and Golf GTI Performance Pack.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

skipster wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm I really should know the answer, but what really is the main difference between a Polo GTI and Polo GTI Plus? I am assuming much like a Golf GTI and Golf GTI Performance Pack.
Mechanically, there’s no difference between the two models; the difference is in the level of equipment. The following items of equipment are included as standard on the GTI Plus, but are extra cost options on the GTI;

- LED headlamps
- 65% tint rear windows from the B pillar backwards
- Centre front armrest (not available as an option on the non-plus model)
- Electrically folding door mirrors, with the nearside mirror dipping so you can see the kerb when reverse gear is selected
- Keyless entry and push button start
- Light & Sight pack (coming/leaving home light sensor, auto wipers, auto headlamps, auto dimming rear view mirror)
- Active info display (digital dashboard)
- Adaptive Cruise Control
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:24 pm
skipster wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm I really should know the answer, but what really is the main difference between a Polo GTI and Polo GTI Plus? I am assuming much like a Golf GTI and Golf GTI Performance Pack.
Mechanically, there’s no difference between the two models; the difference is in the level of equipment. The following items of equipment are included as standard on the GTI Plus, but are extra cost options on the GTI;

- LED headlamps
- Electrically folding door mirrors, with the nearside mirror dipping so you can see the kerb when reverse gear is selected
- Light & Sight pack (coming/leaving home light sensor, auto wipers, auto headlamps, auto dimming rear view mirror)
Thank you very much SRGTD, almost makes it a no brainer then going for the Plus model as you would pay far more on the standard model to get those options alone!
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

skipster wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:24 pm

- LED headlamps
Thank you very much SRGTD, almost makes it a no brainer then going for the Plus model as you would pay far more on the standard model to get those options alone!
No problem, and yes, it does seem like a bit of a no brainer. It’s worth checking the car broker websites such as Orange Wheels and Drive the Deal to see what discounts are available as I dare say VW dealers won’t be too willing to offer much by way of a discount initially on an all new model.
skipster
Silver Member

Post by skipster »

Indeed - initially there wont be much in the way of discounts from the dealers but in 6 months time it may be a different story. It is a clever ploy I guess from VW marketing with this standard and Plus model, as they are almost forcing the customer to go for the Plus given that it would cost more to spec the standard model. My bet is that the Plus will outsell the standard model massively.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Think I'll end up having one. (Though not totally sold on its looks.. dislike that plastic trim above the front grill, looks very add on)
Last 2 have been red but GTI+ in the limestone grey this time . :)
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

On the configurator the choice of dash colour seems limited. For example if I want the limestone grey it doesn't allow me to have anything but the garish red dash. Need to see what the dealer says. :?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 am On the configurator the choice of dash colour seems limited. For example if I want the limestone grey it doesn't allow me to have anything but the garish red dash. Need to see what the dealer says. :?
I did wonder if it was a configurator error, but the brochure also confirms you can only have the red dash panel with Limestone Grey paint, whereas you can have either red or grey dash panel with the other available colours on the GTI/GTI+. That’s really strange.

I don’t like the red dash panel either; maybe if I was younger, but it’s not for me, although some of the reviewers in the videos on YouTube have said it looks nice ‘in the flesh’.

Unfortunately, I don’t think your dealer will be able to influence VW to build a Limestone Grey Polo GTI with a Deep Iron dash pad insert if it’s not an ‘official’ paint colour/trim combination. I’ve read on Golf forums before where people have wanted to add Golf R alloy wheels to a different Golf model as part of a factory build and that’s a no-no from VW, even though it would just be a case of bolting on a different set of wheels. People have got around this by getting the dealer to order them a set of the wheels they want separately and then the dealer fitting them to the car once it’s at the dealership. Is it worth asking your dealer if it would be possible for them to order the grey dash pad and fit it once the car has been built? That would cost extra though as you’d be buying a second set of dash pad trims and paying the dealer to fit them, and there’s also the risk that the dealer could damage the surrounding dashboard, door cards or centre console removing the red bits and replacing with grey.

Maybe time to consider a second paint colour preference to avoid the hassle?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

The colour may grow on me.
Currently trying to do the deal on a new one with my local dealer. Ten options listed and around £27000 retail price. Being offered just over £2000 discount.
I'm a px and cash buyer.
Drive the deal was citing over £3000 discount though often with PCP contribution and carwow around £2800.