Ordered New Polo SEL

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Ordered New Polo SEL

Post by WillWord »

Hi New to this forum, as above just ordered an SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS 7-speed DSG in White Silver, coming from a 2.0 DSG Tiguan. Any one else placed an order if so what did you spec?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Ordered New Polo SEL

Post by SRGTD »

WillWord wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 am Hi New to this forum, as above just ordered an SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS 7-speed DSG in White Silver, coming from a 2.0 DSG Tiguan. Any one else placed an order if so what did you spec?
Welcome to the forum. One more forum member that I’m aware of has ordered an SEL;
Teras_UK wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am Ordered my SEL DSG on saturday from Robinsons VW Lowestoft. Got the free first years insurance and they knocked another £500 off on top of the £500 dealer contribution. Apparently im the first person to order one from them let alone that variant which I was quite surprised about. Originally wanted the 1.5 R-Line but its been pushed back to mid next year and I wanted something more economical so the 1.0L 115BHP will do the job fine.

Went with energetic orange and the dark adimantium wheels. Other than that the SEL came with a surprisingly large amount of options so I only added keyless entry, heated seats, direct chassis control and flappy paddles. They have removed the option for the digital multi-function display for some reason but im not that fussed as its probably only a distraction anyway.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Thanks for the welcome, decided to create a new post rather than add to the 2018 Polo new shape post, maybe easier for members to see.
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

I'm the guy copy pasted above. According to the app I'm looking at build week 10 but I have a feeling it's going to be later than that.
The dark adamantium wheels look awesome paired with the orange.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

Not sure of build week number but confirmed as 19th March so similar to yours I assume, also ordered dark adamantium wheels.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Hi

I'm a new member so I signed in separately but just to confirm I have also ordered a new Polo SEL 115 DSG. my options are:- drivers mode, blind spot, winter pack, digital dash, rear camera, park assist, occupant safe, ACC,

I ordered mine on the 29th Jan I have no got a confirmed build date yet on the VW site my order is still "with the factory". the sales guy said to me its looking like build week 30 at the moment which is looking like W/C 23rd July but he did say it could be sooner. I will just have to wait and see.

I do know they are built in South Africa and take about 4-6 weeks from build to dealer. I understand that new assembly line is starting at the SA plant in April so that may speed things up. Also it could be one or two of my options that are slowing things down.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:45 am Hi

I'm a new member so I signed in separately but just to confirm I have also ordered a new Polo SEL 115 DSG. my options are:- drivers mode, blind spot, winter pack, digital dash, rear camera, park assist, occupant safe, ACC,

I ordered mine on the 29th Jan I have no got a confirmed build date yet on the VW site my order is still "with the factory". the sales guy said to me its looking like build week 30 at the moment which is looking like W/C 23rd July but he did say it could be sooner. I will just have to wait and see.

I do know they are built in South Africa and take about 4-6 weeks from build to dealer. I understand that new assembly line is starting at the SA plant in April so that may speed things up. Also it could be one or two of my options that are slowing things down.
Hi Mike. Welcome to the forum.

Stage 2 of the build process (with the factory) means that the component parts required to build your specific car are in the process of being ordered by VW from their suppliers, and the tracker may stay at stage 2 for some weeks. Once VW have ordered the component parts for your build and their suppliers have confirmed they can supply the parts and the timescales involved, VW will then schedule your car to be built and assign it to a specific build week, at which time your car will move to Stage 3 of the build process (build week confirmed) and the VW tracker will update to show your allocated build week.

You are correct that certain options can have an impact on build timescales - e.g. in the past, there have been issues with supplies of certain parts (DSG gearboxes for mk6 Golf production in 2011, reversing cameras for mk7 the Golf just after it was launched) that delayed production of cars fitted with those items. Don’t be surprised if you see the confirmed build week on the tracker move around from one week to another - it does happen sometimes; presumably because some vehicle builds are brought forward/moved back if there does happen to be component supply issues.
Zootee
New
Drives: Match 1.2 90 TSI

Post by Zootee »

How were you able to order the digital dash? I ordered on the 22nd January and I was told that due to supply contrainsts and priority for other models that I couldn’t currently order it.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Mike. Welcome to the forum.

Stage 2 of the build process (with the factory) means that the component parts required to build your specific car are in the process of being ordered by VW from their suppliers, and the tracker may stay at stage 2 for some weeks. Once VW have ordered the component parts for your build and their suppliers have confirmed they can supply the parts and the timescales involved, VW will then schedule your car to be built and assign it to a specific build week, at which time your car will move to Stage 3 of the build process (build week confirmed) and the VW tracker will update to show your allocated build week.

You are correct that certain options can have an impact on build timescales - e.g. in the past, there have been issues with supplies of certain parts (DSG gearboxes for mk6 Golf production in 2011, reversing cameras for mk7 the Golf just after it was launched) that delayed production of cars fitted with those items. Don’t be surprised if you see the confirmed build week on the tracker move around from one week to another - it does happen sometimes; presumably because some vehicle builds are brought forward/moved back if there does happen to be component supply issues.
Cheers for that info. I will keep it in mind. I just found out on here that Digital dash are on a long delivery. I have asked my dealer to look into this and IF it is so get me a standard dash on the understanding that my build week comes forward a lot. I will keep the forum informed as I get info from my dealer.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Zootee wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:56 pm

How were you able to order the digital dash? I ordered on the 22nd January and I was told that due to supply contrainsts and priority for other models that I couldn’t currently order it.
Hi I don't know I just walked into the dealer told him the spec I wanted (including digital dash, there was no option of variable suspension, I see on here someone had managed to order that!). Well I have no build date and the one the dealer sees says week 30 apparently I'm guessing that's could change either way.

I have asked my dealer to talk to the supply dept and find out IF the digital dash is causing the delay. IF it is I have asked him to remove it. He is doing this Monday. Was it you who ordered the variable suspension of so how did you do that? it seems like VW are in chaos over the new Polo options. it is ok offering them but they actually do have to be really available. the car its self looks good drives well and I'm all in for one, I just wish the dealers all sang from the same sheet.
Zootee
New

Post by Zootee »

mike sel wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm
Zootee wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi I don't know I just walked into the dealer told him the spec I wanted (including digital dash, there was no option of variable suspension, I see on here someone had managed to order that!). Well I have no build date and the one the dealer sees says week 30 apparently I'm guessing that's could change either way.

I have asked my dealer to talk to the supply dept and find out IF the digital dash is causing the delay. IF it is I have asked him to remove it. He is doing this Monday. Was it you who ordered the variable suspension of so how did you do that? it seems like VW are in chaos over the new Polo options. it is ok offering them but they actually do have to be really available. the car its self looks good drives well and I'm all in for one, I just wish the dealers all sang from the same sheet.
Nope, I just added cruise control. If the digital dash puts my delivery time back by a month or so I don’t think i’ll Be adding it. Long lead times seem to be the norm for Polo’s. I ordered a white 3 door Match back in 2016 and I ordered in either June or July and it didn’t reach the dealer until the end of September.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

All

Update on the digital dash. My dealer sales guy rang VW planning and resourcing, they apparently have confirmed there is no special hold up on the digital dash for my SEL Polo. so all looks good. He says my build week is Wk 15 W/c 9th April so if I allow 6 weeks delivery after that I should get it mid May,

So anyone who has been told they are not available you need to get your dealer to check again. Apparently they are available without a problem.
Zootee
New

Post by Zootee »

mike sel wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm All

Update on the digital dash. My dealer sales guy rang VW planning and resourcing, they apparently have confirmed there is no special hold up on the digital dash for my SEL Polo. so all looks good. He says my build week is Wk 15 W/c 9th April so if I allow 6 weeks delivery after that I should get it mid May,

So anyone who has been told they are not available you need to get your dealer to check again. Apparently they are available without a problem.
Dammit! I must have missed it by a matter of days. I’ve read elsewhere changing an order essentially re orders the car. It pushes the build week back to the current build days as I presume they have to source the added options, in which case I don’t fancy waiting until June for my car to even be build. January-June just isn’t the kind of time scale I expect a Polo to be built in, new model or not. My parent’s Tesla took 5 months from order to delivery and that came from California.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

My build date is 19th March, also with Active info display confirmed, when I ordered originally it was delayed whilst dealer tried to sort out the Active info display, after about 5 days he was able to put the order on the VW system, sometimes dealers do try to help.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Zootee wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm
mike sel wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm All

Dammit! I must have missed it by a matter of days. I’ve read elsewhere changing an order essentially re orders the car. It pushes the build week back to the current build days as I presume they have to source the added options, in which case I don’t fancy waiting until June for my car to even be build. January-June just isn’t the kind of time scale I expect a Polo to be built in, new model or not. My parent’s Tesla took 5 months from order to delivery and that came from California.
Not sure what your missing out on to be honest. It probably all depends on whether the Digi dash is reliable or not. at least with the old school dials they are actually there, your not relying on the screen to fire up. What if it don't? cant drive the car on a blank screen with no speedo. I am sure the new Digi dash on my Polo will be very cool for a while, I bet I end up leaving it as a rev counter and a speedo so in the end what is the point of it? I think its going to be a nice to have , while it works. but in 5 years time it will be out of date tech which may need replacing at a huge cost. but then in 5 years time I could be dead, I suppose. for just over £300 quid I will have fun with it for a while.