Ordered New Polo SEL

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Re: Ordered New Polo SEL

Post by erxrx »

Zootee wrote:
erxrx wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm My one is still showing “with the factory” with no build date confirmed, even though I ordered it early January.. getting worried now, as most of you guys have a build week.. any one else in my situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered on the 22nd January and I still have with the factory. I got a video response from my dealer saying that it has a provisional build week of week 21 which is the last full week of May. It's looking like they've forgotten about any orders placed before February! VW online chat seemed inconclusive, just told me to get in contact with my dealer, which I did, and while yes he did give me an answer, I just don't understand how mine, and probably yours will be going to build much later than everyone else's who ordered after us!
I must admit, that does seem a bit unfair, doesn’t it? The whole point of me ordering it in January was that I would get it ASAP(mainly because my current golf is kinda on its last legs and I’m just hoping it’ll last me till May).

So I’ve just spoken to VW customer service and they checked the systems for me, saying that car that have an unconfirmed build week should get an update by mid next week tomorrow and mentioned something about build week 16 for them, which doesn’t make much sense in my book, but that means if it’s built in week 16, I MIGHT get the car end of May..

Fingers crossed..

johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

erxrx wrote:My one is still showing “with the factory” with no build date confirmed, even though I ordered it early January.. getting worried now, as most of you guys have a build week.. any one else in my situation?

I'm the same as you. Ordered GTI+ 2 months ago and still no build date.
Spoke to dealer yesterday and vw customer services and no update.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

erxrx
New

Ordered New Polo SEL

Post by erxrx »

So I’ve been taking to VW customer service for the past few days. Vague as always. They got in touch with the factory and now the guy said that “there have been some restrictions” for the build. When asked what those were he couldn’t answer me and promised to call me back tomorrow..

Really hoping this doesn’t delay the car even further, otherwise I’ll be a bit cross..

EDIT:
Just got a call back. Same story. “Restrictions preventing production of the car”. Even the guy from customer service didn’t know what that means and can’t do anything else.
Anyone have experience like this?

Zootee
New
Drives: Match 1.2 90 TSI

Post by Zootee »

erxrx wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:23 pm So I’ve been taking to VW customer service for the past few days. Vague as always. They got in touch with the factory and now the guy said that “there have been some restrictions” for the build. When asked what those were he couldn’t answer me and promised to call me back tomorrow..

Really hoping this doesn’t delay the car even further, otherwise I’ll be a bit cross..

EDIT:
Just got a call back. Same story. “Restrictions preventing production of the car”. Even the guy from customer service didn’t know what that means and can’t do anything else.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm going to just presume my car is in the same situation as yours, an unknown restriction on the build. I'm going to email my dealer tomorrow as it will then be 2 months since ordering with no word on build or delivery. I'm sure I'll get a similar answer.
erxrx
New

Post by erxrx »

Zootee wrote:
erxrx wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:23 pm So I’ve been taking to VW customer service for the past few days. Vague as always. They got in touch with the factory and now the guy said that “there have been some restrictions” for the build. When asked what those were he couldn’t answer me and promised to call me back tomorrow..

EDIT:

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm going to just presume my car is in the same situation as yours, an unknown restriction on the build. I'm going to email my dealer tomorrow as it will then be 2 months since ordering with no word on build or delivery. I'm sure I'll get a similar answer.
Which optional extras did you get? If you’ve got the same problem as me, something like that might narrow it down..

Zootee
New

Post by Zootee »

erxrx wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Zootee wrote:

EDIT:

Which optional extras did you get? If you’ve got the same problem as me, something like that might narrow it down..

DSG, 17'' Pamplona Adamantium, Black, Cruise Control and Active Info Display
erxrx
New

Post by erxrx »

Zootee wrote:
erxrx wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Zootee wrote: I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm going to just presume my car is in the same situation as yours, an unknown restriction on the build. I'm going to email my dealer tomorrow as it will then be 2 months since ordering with no word on build or delivery. I'm sure I'll get a similar answer.

DSG, 17'' Pamplona Adamantium, Black, Cruise Control and Active Info Display
The only common extra we’ve got is cruise control.. maybe there’s an issue with the units.. god knows. Not entirely happy with this situation. I wonder if VW will do anything to compensate if the delivery date gets delayed significantly.

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

erxrx wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:56 pm I wonder if VW will do anything to compensate if the delivery date gets delayed significantly.

Don’t be surprised if they don’t, or if they do, it’s likely to just be a token gesture.

Delivery dates on new car orders are estimated delivery dates, and this should be stated in the small print (terms and conditions) on your order form. They’d never commit to a specific date as there are so many factors that could impact build and delivery dates, and many of these are out of their control.

Build timescales on the new Polo seem to be a repeat of what happened when the mk7 Golf was launched. For some mk7 Golf models, customers were waiting 7-8 months for their cars, and in a few extreme cases, nearly a year! I experienced a long wait with my mk6 Golf; ordered mid-Nov 2010 and I took delivery mid July 2011. Because of the long wait, I got a voucher from VW to spend on VW accessories as a ‘thank you’ for waiting patiently! Can’t remember exactly how much it was, but it wasn’t much (think it was about £50).

I don’t know if they still do it, but VW used to provide you with a free loan car (if you didn’t have a car to use) if you were still waiting for your new car 20 weeks after the factory had accepted your order. You could take this up with your dealer if you find yourself in this situation.
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

My SEL was sent out for delivery as of the 22nd. States on average it takes a month to arrive from south Africa.
So this time next month I should have the keys hopefully.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

My std grey SEL 115 DSG has a fixed build date of w/c 9 April. extras I have are winter pack, Drive mode selection, Keyless, Crash preparation, rear view camera, folding heated wing mirrors, blind spot, digital dash. I expect a 6 week delivery after manufacture so an looking at mid-late May at the dealer.

Not enjoying waiting to be honest. I would cancel but with my order date of late Jan to mid May is actualy 16 weeks and late May obviously 18 weeks, I was told 16 at the time of order so to be fair I knew what I was getting into. I think IF there is a delay in assembly from the week I have been given I will go to Audi and get an off the shelf new Q2 instead. I think I lose my deposit if I cancel the POLO, I don't think I lose anything else.
Zootee
New

Post by Zootee »

I’m in the process of trying to cancel my order. I’ve actually ordered another car, a Nissan Leaf.

Two reasons for the cancellation. The growing wait time and the absolutely shoddy customer service. I ordered a 3 door Match for my 18th birthday, I was 17 at the time so couldn’t apply for credit. The finance manager of the dealership assured me under no circumstance will I not get finance. Fast forward to my 18th birthday, I get a phone call ‘oh sorry, you can’t have your car’.

Anyway, I thought let’s try again with MK Volkswagen and what a mistake that was. I had to fight and send multiple emails and promised at least 3 call backs to get the active info display added and was then reassured that the estimated delivery date (30th May) hasn’t been affected. As the weeks went on and I hadn’t seen any progress while others had, I began to worry. I’ve since sent 2 emails, one regarding my part ex and another one asking for an update. Both of which haven’t had answers.

I then find out about the build week (W/C 21st May) from the app and nothing from MK VW. This means that only is it another 5 weeks until they even think about building the car, there is then the 6 weeks shipping which means that the car won’t be here until at least mid July, some almost 2 months late. I would have at least appreciated an email acknowledging the fact that the car will be late or even if he just didn’t know anything. I got more updates off this forum than I’ve had from the garage I’m spending the best part of £20,000 with!

I sent an email at 11pm last night stating that I want to cancel my order or walk away from the deal with the intention thay it would be the first email he saw in the morning. By 12pm, nothing. I rang the garage for the receiptionnist to say he is out at training for the morning and won’t be back until the afternoon. I was promised a call back at 4pm. 4pm, nothing.

I ring back again, this time I’m put through to the service department (?) for the guy to say that the whole dealership has been at a meeting all day and that my sales person has been the only person on the showroom floor.

I’m sick of it now and want to be rid of this car and the dealership. I’ve been a huge VW fan all my life but these last two encounters with MK VW have left me with little faith for the brand.

Rant over :mrgreen:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@Zootee; sorry to hear of your poor experience. VW dealers do seem to be a bit of a mixed bag. Some are very good, whereas others are just the opposite. When buying a car, I think it very much depends on the salesperson you deal with.

I’ve owned 4 VW’s and have bought them all from the same dealer. With the first three, the sales people I dealt with were very good, especially the person I dealt with when I bought my previous car who was excellent. They gave me fortnightly updates, even if there wasn’t anything new to tell me, and I had a number of courtesy emails and calls from them after I’d taken delivery, to ensure everything was OK with my car. The good customer experience was the main reason for going back for car no.4

Sadly, the salesperson I dealt with when I bought my current car wasn’t any where near as good. No updates during the waiting period, and emails frequently not answered when I raised queries. There were also some outstanding issues that needed resolving after I’d taken delivery, and the salesperson was woeful in getting these sorted. So much so, that after 3 months of inactivity on the part of the salesperson (in spite of frequent reminders from me), I had to go direct with the dealer principal to get things resolved. When I buy my next car, I’m unlikely to use this dealership because of my recent poor experience.

if the VW salesperson you were dealing with at MIlton Keynes VW doesn’t return your calls or respond to your emails, ask to speak to the dealer principal. That pretty much always gets some action.

Good luck with your Nissan.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm My SEL was sent out for delivery as of the 22nd. States on average it takes a month to arrive from south Africa.
Any progress updates?
Paul_Barnett
New
Drives: Polo 2012 match

Post by Paul_Barnett »

Paul_Barnett wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:42 pm
Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 am
mike sel wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:11 pm

It will be interesting to see if the build dates we have been given are meaningful. So far I don't know anyone who ordered a Polo to be built actually having it delivered, let alone on spec.
Well I can tell you that I ordered mine the day after it appeared online which was early December. I still don't have a build date fixed on the app and the dealership is now saying end of April for build date when I was meant to actually receive the car end of march. So I'm not holding out much hope for delivery within the next 2 months.
Sent an email today to dealer asking if they knew how long I'd have to wait - got a phone call back ( ! ) to say that as far as they knew, their original estimate of 3 months from date of order (7 Feb) was still good. Hmmm... I'm taking that with a pinch of salt....
Update:

Yesterday, sent an email to dealer asking if it was too late to add an option (LED lights, to SEL 115ps dsg), (ordered 7 feb, still showing as 'with the factory') - he said yes, and today went in to sign a modified order form.

Of course I asked when it would most likely be here, and he told me that there were delays (!!), but my car would definitely be with me towards the end of (this) year. He also said that the option causing the delay was the dsg gearbox.

(I also suggested that as my current car would be p/x, and would need an mot in sept, that vw would pay for that - he agreed)
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:21 am
Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm My SEL was sent out for delivery as of the 22nd. States on average it takes a month to arrive from south Africa.
Any progress updates?
As of the 24th of April it was in the UK awaiting delivery to the dealer. The VW tracking app as been totally crap. It went from a week away from port to in port within 24 hours.

Anyway it estimated 7 days to be delivered to the dealership and i haven't heard anything since that last update. I messaged the guy at the showroom and he says it takes 7-10 days to register the car and get plates assigned. So probably looking at may 10th ish at this rate.

I ordered on December 12th so it will be roughly 5 months since purchase.