Ordered New Polo SEL

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Ordered New Polo SEL

Post by mike sel »

Teras_UK wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:33 am
mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:21 am
Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm My SEL was sent out for delivery as of the 22nd. States on average it takes a month to arrive from south Africa.
So this time next month I should have the keys hopefully.
Any progress updates?
As of the 24th of April it was in the UK awaiting delivery to the dealer. The VW tracking app as been totally crap. It went from a week away from port to in port within 24 hours.

Anyway it estimated 7 days to be delivered to the dealership and i haven't heard anything since that last update. I messaged the guy at the showroom and he says it takes 7-10 days to register the car and get plates assigned. So probably looking at may 10th ish at this rate.

I ordered on December 12th so it will be roughly 5 months since purchase.
Thank you for that. 5 months for delivery of a fairly standard city run a round does seem very excessive. Lets hope it is worth the wait.
Mine will be in UK about early June, my dealer guy has already warned me that he is on 2 weeks leave early June so I'm not going to see my car until late June. ordered last week in Jan to last week in June...5 months. I should be getting a Ferrari for that wait :D
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Salesman being on holiday when your car is due, well I can see that that will happen as we all need holidays and cars are being delivered every week, but why can't the dealership, as that salesman is not franchised car salesman within the dealership, not pass over all the sorted out paperwork to someone who will be at work that day - or let the dealer principal delegate? We had that issue when my wife's Polo arrived in August 2015, the car was lying untouched in the compound for 3 weeks while that salesman was on holiday, dealers seem to think that that is the norm so okay. I hope that they don't need their washing machines or central heating boilers etc repaired when "their" usual fixer is on holiday.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:24 am Salesman being on holiday when your car is due, well I can see that that will happen as we all need holidays and cars are being delivered every week, but why can't the dealership, as that salesman is not franchised car salesman within the dealership, not pass over all the sorted out paperwork to someone who will be at work that day - or let the dealer principal delegate?.
Agree RUM4MO; the salesperson you’ve been dealing with being on holiday shouldn’t be a reason for you not being able to collect your car - any competent salesperson should be able to deal with the handover of a customers’s car. I’ve collected new VW cars when the salesperson I’ve been dealing with has either been on a day off or on holiday.

@mike sel; if your car’s delivered to the dealer late May/early June, they shouldn’t need more than a couple of days at most to get it ready for you to collect. If that happens to be while your usual salesperson is on holiday, that shouldn’t preclude you taking delivery. The dealer will be expecting good feedback and scores if you’re asked to complete a customer satisfaction survey; let them earn the good feedback by accommodating your needs! 😉
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

You shouldn't have to wait an extra 2 weeks for your car 'cos 'your guy' is on holiday, that isn't acceptable at all. Maybe you should then delay payment for 2 weeks because you will be on holiday. My either current, or previous Golf I forget, usual salesperson was away and a colleague phoned up the day before collection and informed me he would take care of the hand over, so it can be done. Contact dealer / VW and tell them you want your car as soon as it's ready....
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:43 am
RUM4MO wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:24 am Salesman being on holiday when your car is due, well I can see that that will happen as we all need holidays and cars are being delivered every week, but why can't the dealership, as that salesman is not franchised car salesman within the dealership, not pass over all the sorted out paperwork to someone who will be at work that day - or let the dealer principal delegate?.
Agree RUM4MO; the salesperson you’ve been dealing with being on holiday shouldn’t be a reason for you not being able to collect your car - any competent salesperson should be able to deal with the handover of a customers’s car. I’ve collected new VW cars when the salesperson I’ve been dealing with has either been on a day off or on holiday.

@mike sel; if your car’s delivered to the dealer late May/early June, they shouldn’t need more than a couple of days at most to get it ready for you to collect. If that happens to be while your usual salesperson is on holiday, that shouldn’t preclude you taking delivery. The dealer will be expecting good feedback and scores if you’re asked to complete a customer satisfaction survey; let them earn the good feedback by accommodating your needs! 😉
Yes I don't know if its something to do with my going through car wow. Although this dealer is my nearest VW dealer, I did go in and order it in person (but through car wow). At the time of ordering my local VW said he was their car wow sales guy, I was dealing with him, took my partner in on a Sunday to test drive and order the car (he was not in , day off) so they would not let me order the car. I had to go back a week later on the Saturday to place my order. List for the car I ordered was £22.8k SEL 115 DGS with a lot of options, I could have got it cheapest from a VW dealer about 200miles from where I live, in the end cause I wanted to deal with my nearest dealer (5 miles away) I paid a little more for that privilege. So I'm thinking it may be for that reason. I'm may just booking a holiday at the same time to make the time pass quicker LOL. Silly really, its only a car and a very ordinary one at that, but I suppose we have all got used too getting the things we want quickly.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

I get it (above): we are all people, pay for our cars differently buying local is usually the best option and all need a break, etc. But no way should you have to wait an extra 2 weeks for your car, while it is sitting there at the dealers & presumably paid for, just because someone is on holiday. No-one should pay circa £20k for new a car and arranges the future handover around a salesperson's holiday, it don't make sense, the handover should be arranged around you, the buyer....
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

Got a pickup date for my car at long last. 5pm on the 9th of May. I cant wait. Made even worse by currently not having a car as my Scirocco sold in 3 days when I put it up on autotrader.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

Teras_UK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:38 am Got a pickup date for my car at long last. 5pm on the 9th of May. I cant wait. Made even worse by currently not having a car as my Scirocco sold in 3 days when I put it up on autotrader.
Congrats its been a long wait for many of us, hope your happy with it, hopefully you can post some pictures.
Teras_UK
New

Post by Teras_UK »

https://imgur.com/a/ocvsHkN Picked up the car tonight and it drives like a dream. Really happy with it so far.
adam1uk
New
Drives: Polo SE

Post by adam1uk »

Teras_UK wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:46 pm https://imgur.com/a/ocvsHkN Picked up the car tonight and it drives like a dream. Really happy with it so far.
It looks great in that orange. I can see what people mean by the touch screen picking up fingerprints!
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

adam1uk wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:26 pm
Teras_UK wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:46 pm https://imgur.com/a/ocvsHkN Picked up the car tonight and it drives like a dream. Really happy with it so far.
It looks great in that orange. I can see what people mean by the touch screen picking up fingerprints!
Agree, Energetic Orange does look great. Really like the wheels too - IMO so much better than blingy diamond cut wheels, and the powder coated finish is much more durable too.

Enjoy your car. I’m sure it was worth the wait! :)
Jason989
New
Drives: MK10

Post by Jason989 »

That looks great! I notice you have heated seats... did you order the winter pack? Has that included headlight washers? They’ve been taken off the configurator but, when I messaged Volkswagen about it, they said headlight washers are still included and that the new configurator needs updating.

I don’t want to derail this thread too much!

Thanks
Teras_UK
New

Post by Teras_UK »

Jason989 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:20 pm
That looks great! I notice you have heated seats... did you order the winter pack? Has that included headlight washers? They’ve been taken off the configurator but, when I messaged Volkswagen about it, they said headlight washers are still included and that the new configurator needs updating.

Thanks
We did order the winter pack and if in honest I haven't even looked to see if it has headlight washers but I will tomorrow
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Teras_UK wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 pm
Jason989 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks
We did order the winter pack and if in honest I haven't even looked to see if it has headlight washers but I will tomorrow
@Teras, switch on your headlamps and activate your windscreen washers. If your car has headlamp washers, they’ll activate the first time of using your windscreen washers, and then every Xth time after that (it was every 5th time on my previous Golf, and the owners manual for my 2016 previous generation Polo states it’s every tenth time for my Polo). Alternatively, you could check your owners manual to see if there’s a section that covers the operation of the headlamp washers; in the index, it’ll probably be under ‘Windscreen wipers -> Headlight cleaning system’ (that’s where it is for the previous generation Polo).

Looking at your first and second pictures, I can see parking sensors and the single larger square cover (driver’s side) for the front towing hook, but no covers for the headlamp washers, so if you do have headlamp washers, I’m intrigued to know where they’re situated (if there’s no section in the manual, then that would seem to confirm they’re not fitted on the current Polo). Also, if they’re not fitted, then VW customer services have been giving out incorrect information to forum members who’ve queried this - see separate discussion thread on the winter pack - link below;

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71277
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

Congrats on your new car, just looked at the photos, looks fab, I was not brave enough on colour choice (White silver but with the Energetic Orange dash) still sitting in Grimsby, unfortunately my dealer does not know how to communicate despite his promise's.