Ordered New Polo SEL

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Re: Ordered New Polo SEL

Post by Teras_UK »

mike sel wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:11 pm
Paul_Barnett wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:23 pm Hi.

Ordered an SEL on 7th Feb - no confirmed build week yet - dealer was saying 'about 3 months' when
I ordered it.

details: pearl black, 16inch adamantium wheels, 110ps dsg, sunroof, acc, park assist, rear camera,
active info display, blind spot detect, paddleshift wheel, 5yr warranty, detachable towbar.

I also wondered about the reliability of the new AID tech, that was one of the justifications for the warranty

And what did Adam Ant do to have a wheel colour named after him? :-)
It will be interesting to see if the build dates we have been given are meaningful. So far I don't know anyone who ordered a Polo to be built actually having it delivered, let alone on spec.
Well I can tell you that I ordered mine the day after it appeared online which was early December. I still don't have a build date fixed on the app and the dealership is now saying end of April for build date when I was meant to actually receive the car end of march. So I'm not holding out much hope for delivery within the next 2 months.
Paul_Barnett
New
Drives: Polo 2012 match

Post by Paul_Barnett »

Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 am

Ordered an SEL on 7th Feb - no confirmed build week yet - dealer was saying 'about 3 months' when
I ordered it.

details: pearl black, 16inch adamantium wheels, 110ps dsg, sunroof, acc, park assist, rear camera,
active info display, blind spot detect, paddleshift wheel, 5yr warranty, detachable towbar.

I also wondered about the reliability of the new AID tech, that was one of the justifications for the warranty

It will be interesting to see if the build dates we have been given are meaningful. So far I don't know anyone who ordered a Polo to be built actually having it delivered, let alone on spec.
Well I can tell you that I ordered mine the day after it appeared online which was early December. I still don't have a build date fixed on the app and the dealership is now saying end of April for build date when I was meant to actually receive the car end of march. So I'm not holding out much hope for delivery within the next 2 months.
Sent an email today to dealer asking if they knew how long I'd have to wait - got a phone call back ( ! ) to say that as far as they knew, their original estimate of 3 months from date of order (7 Feb) was still good. Hmmm... I'm taking that with a pinch of salt....
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

Spoke to my garage today, I order my polo GTi plus on the 17/02/2018 and they said around 5 months for lead times. Monday this week they received an email from VW themselves stating that lead times were 42 weeks!!!!
They then went on to email yesterday stating that there was an error in the email and that average lead times are going to be recalculated....

So it seems they’re unsure as to how long lead times are on the cars, has been over 2 weeks and I’ve still not received a build week.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Lewisoak wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 pm Spoke to my garage today, I order my polo GTi plus on the 17/02/2018 and they said around 5 months for lead times. Monday this week they received an email from VW themselves stating that lead times were 42 weeks!!!!
They then went on to email yesterday stating that there was an error in the email and that average lead times are going to be recalculated....

So it seems they’re unsure as to how long lead times are on the cars, has been over 2 weeks and I’ve still not received a build week.
Long waiting times for cars to be built and delivered to customers can happen if customer demand is higher than expected when a new model is launched. When the mk7 performance Golf models (GTI / GTD / R) were launched, it wasn't unusual for buyers to be waiting 7-8 months from time of order before they took delivery of their cars.
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm
Lewisoak wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 pm Spoke to my garage today, I order my polo GTi plus on the 17/02/2018 and they said around 5 months for lead times. Monday this week they received an email from VW themselves stating that lead times were 42 weeks!!!!

Long waiting times for cars to be built and delivered to customers can happen if customer demand is higher than expected when a new model is launched. When the mk7 performance Golf models (GTI / GTD / R) were launched, it wasn't unusual for buyers to be waiting 7-8 months from time of order before they took delivery of their cars.
If anything can’t be seen as a bad thing for a car, yes you would like it to be here sooner but it shows the quality of the car due to high demand. Hopefully I will find out in a few days time what the confirmed lead time will be for it. But can only hope it is less than 42 weeks!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Teras_UK wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 am

I ordered it.

So I have had a message left on my mobile from the VW dealer. He said build week of WK14 has been confirmed and locked in for your SEL (no changes can now be made to spec). If week 1 is week com 1st Jan, then wk 14 should be w\c 2nd April build. Upon checking my online update I see its w/c 9th April ie WK15. Now one week either way is not a problem but I would have more confidence if both sets of information were the same. If he is right then mid -late may is look possible for my car pick up date.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

mike sel wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:56 am

So I have had a message left on my mobile from the VW dealer. He said build week of WK14 has been confirmed and locked in for your SEL (no changes can now be made to spec). If week 1 is week com 1st Jan, then wk 14 should be w\c 2nd April build. Upon checking my online update I see its w/c 9th April ie WK15. Now one week either way is not a problem but I would have more confidence if both sets of information were the same. If he is right then mid -late may is look possible for my car pick up date.
Mine has been showing build week 12 w/c 19th March, since early February, so are dates look similar.
PoloPrincess18
New
Drives: Polo 2018

Post by PoloPrincess18 »

Ordered new polo 2018 on 12th February and have received a confirmed build week of Wk 16 which works out the 16th April

My spec was Polo SE in Pure white with:

Active Info display
Navigation
LED head/tail lights
Blind spot detection
Keyless entry
Rear view camera
Parking sensors
Folding door mirrors

My first car so I went a bit crazy on options but I’m hoping none of those slow it down and they stick to the confirmed build week *fingers crossed*

So far so good, it would be nice to hear from those who get the in transit notification and how that relates to the build week.
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

My one is still showing “with the factory” with no build date confirmed, even though I ordered it early January.. getting worried now, as most of you guys have a build week.. any one else in my situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

erxrx wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm My one is still showing “with the factory” with no build date confirmed, even though I ordered it early January.. getting worried now, as most of you guys have a build week.. any one else in my situation?

If you’re concerned and if your dealer can’t give you any answers, have you tried contacting VW customer services to see if they can tell you why you’ve not been given a build week yet when others who’ve ordered their cars after you have had their build week confirmed?
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

SRGTD wrote:
erxrx wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm My one is still showing “with the factory” with no build date confirmed, even though I ordered it early January.. getting worried now, as most of you guys have a build week.. any one else in my situation?

If you’re concerned and if your dealer can’t give you any answers, have you tried contacting VW customer services to see if they can tell you why you’ve not been given a build week yet when others who’ve ordered their cars after you have had their build week confirmed?
I’ve spoken to my dealer today, he promised to contact VW direct to see what’s going on, but I’m tempted to try that myself. Is there a phone number/email I could use?

SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

erxrx wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:57 pm
SRGTD wrote:

I’ve spoken to my dealer today, he promised to contact VW direct to see what’s going on, but I’m tempted to try that myself. Is there a phone number/email I could use?

VW Customer Services contact number on the VW website is 0800 0833 914.

Other ways to contact VW are in the link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/ ... nnel=email

click on the ‘it’s none of these options’ in the R/H side box and a number of different communication options will be displayed. Clicking on each of the options provides further information.

Keep us posted on how you get on.
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Post by c4s2rs6 »

I ordered a GTI+ with a few options on the 2nd of Feb. I don’t have a build week either. Dealer said this was ‘normal’ for a new model. Hope the scrappage deal continues beyond and June...

Zootee
New
Drives: Match 1.2 90 TSI

Post by Zootee »

I ordered on the 22nd January and I still have with the factory. I got a video response from my dealer saying that it has a provisional build week of week 21 which is the last full week of May. It's looking like they've forgotten about any orders placed before February! VW online chat seemed inconclusive, just told me to get in contact with my dealer, which I did, and while yes he did give me an answer, I just don't understand how mine, and probably yours will be going to build much later than everyone else's who ordered after us!
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Zootee wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:13 am

I ordered on the 22nd January and I still have with the factory. I got a video response from my dealer saying that it has a provisional build week of week 21 which is the last full week of May. It's looking like they've forgotten about any orders placed before February! VW online chat seemed inconclusive, just told me to get in contact with my dealer, which I did, and while yes he did give me an answer, I just don't understand how mine, and probably yours will be going to build much later than everyone else's who ordered after us!
Sometimes the vehicle spec you’ve ordered can influence the build week your car’s allocated to, if manufacturers of component parts for the model of Polo you’ve ordered have issues supplying the parts to VW.

A few years back when the mk6 Golf was the current Golf model, there were issues with the supply of DSG gearboxes which delayed the build of DSG-equipped cars.