New to VW and Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Garjen
New
Drives: 2018 beats

Re: New to VW and Polo

Post by Garjen »

mike sel wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Garjen wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:39 pm
mike sel wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:29 pm

How are you going with your build date on your SEL? do you have a build :D date confirmed yet?

I spoke to vdub this morning and it's a bit confused. They say it was due into emdon on 28th Feb. This is odd as 27feb I was told it was still awaiting dispatch to port. When I pressed them on this they provided no further info and told me thats all they could see on screen. So I know it's built but unsure where in the world it is. Perhaps the snow has confused them 🤔
Ok I know a vehicle carrier arrived in Emden a few days ago. so It maybe was on that.
Ooohhh maybe . Heres hoping ,fingers crossed
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Zootee wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 pm
Zootee wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 pm Awesome! What lead time were you told? I ordered an SEL DSG almost three weeks ago and have been told 16 weeks and been given a provisional delivery date of 30th May.
How are you going with your build date on your SEL? do you have a build :D date confirmed yet?
Nothing yet :( however I did add the Active Info Display to my order almost 2 weeks ago so I’m sure that hasn’t helped speed things up. Beginning to become concerned that I won’t have the car by the 30th May which is when my order form states it will be here.
May be worth calling your dealer. they should be able to nudge VW along a bit. I did that and I got a confirmed build date quite quickly. 9th April add 6 weeks delv and I should get it mid late may. IF things don't get delayed some how.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 pm
Zootee wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Nothing yet :( however I did add the Active Info Display to my order almost 2 weeks ago so I’m sure that hasn’t helped speed things up. Beginning to become concerned that I won’t have the car by the 30th May which is when my order form states it will be here.
May be worth calling your dealer. they should be able to nudge VW along a bit. I did that and I got a confirmed build date quite quickly. 9th April add 6 weeks delv and I should get it mid late may. IF things don't get delayed some how.
I don’t think a dealer has any influence over VW to be able to speed up the build process for a specific customer order, which will be just one out of the many thousands of orders being sent to VW.

@mike sel; it was probably more coincidental that you got your confirmed build date quite soon after nudging your dealer than dealer having any influence over VW.

@Zootee; pretty certain the 30th May delivery date on your order form will be an estimated delivery date and not a guaranteed date - this should be explained in the terms and conditions on your order form (there should be a ‘delivery’ section in the small print). There are many factors out of VW’s and your dealer’s control that could have an impact on delivery (e.g. VW suppliers ability to deliver component parts required to build vehicles, the transport of vehicles from VW’s factory to their dealers) hence the reason why you’ll only have been given an estimated date - not a guaranteed date, and the estimated date could change depending on circumstances. End of May will get here quite quickly, and I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!
Zootee
New
Drives: Match 1.2 90 TSI

Post by Zootee »

Just got a video thingy from my salesperson in response to an email I sent this morning. Provisional build week is week 21 which is the last full week of May which means week commencing 21st May. He did mention that as it’s provisional it will more than likely come forward as it’s quite rare for it to go back. If the build week stays the same that means delivery end of June possibly start of July. My problem is I’m just incredibly impatient😂
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Zootee wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm Just got a video thingy from my salesperson in response to an email I sent this morning. Provisional build week is week 21 which is the last full week of May which means week commencing 21st May. He did mention that as it’s provisional it will more than likely come forward as it’s quite rare for it to go back. If the build week stays the same that means delivery end of June possibly start of July. My problem is I’m just incredibly impatient😂
yes despite what people say I do think that talking nicely to your dealer can help push things along a little. I'm not saying they can speed the ship that leaves port Elizabeth in south Africa up at all. But I do think they can throw light on a situation or get the planners to give a build date. Regarding patience I am sure we would all love to get the cars tomorrow, but the way I look at it, I have ordered exactly what I wanted and when I eventually get it, it will not be a compromise that I have to live with for years. I am looking at 6-7 weeks delivery from the build week. If that does not get delayed I will have mine some time mid - late May but I would not be surprised or overly worried if it turned out to be late June. I think IF it went beyond that I would wait until 1sr Sept for the new reg. I have a nice car at the moment so I can wait. :roll:
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Zootee wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm Just got a video thingy from my salesperson in response to an email I sent this morning. Provisional build week is week 21 which is the last full week of May which means week commencing 21st May. He did mention that as it’s provisional it will more than likely come forward as it’s quite rare for it to go back. If the build week stays the same that means delivery end of June possibly start of July. My problem is I’m just incredibly impatient😂
@Zootee, if your build week moved back by just one more week to week 22, you should get the benefit of any 2019 model year spec changes that VW might make to the Polo. Traditionally, VW make changes to their vehicle specs twice a year;
  • build week 22 when they incorporate next year’s spec changes into cars. Any cars already ordered automatically get the benefit of these changes if they’re built in week 22 or later.
  • build week 45, where they may make additional ‘tweaks’ to vehicle specs.
As the Polo’s such a new model, VW may decide to not make any changes to the current spec for the 2019 model year. However, if they do, and if your build was delayed for whatever reason to build week 22 or later (lots of ‘ifs’ :D), you’d get a 2019 model, with possibly some nice little extras that you won’t have to pay extra for as your car’s already ordered.
Garjen
New

Post by Garjen »

Spoke to vdub chat today. My new polo is sat at Emden waiting UK dispatch. Not long now wahoooo
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Garjen wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:16 pm Spoke to vdub chat today. My new polo is sat at Emden waiting UK dispatch. Not long now wahoooo
Wow getting it soon then. let us know, a pic would be nice.
Garjen
New

Post by Garjen »

Ohh dear. I seem to have brought the only VW that is capable of time travel. I noticed a ship had recently left Emden so asked VW chat if my new one was on the ship. The helpful person on chat has told me that I have been told incorrect info and it's on a ship on the way from South Africa so it's another 6 weeks away at least ...
Garjen
New

Post by Garjen »

Hahaaaaaaaa it's at Emden. Both dealer and tracker have updated me today. Dealership is now suggesting middle of April for delivery though . Someone remind me why I didn't go for an instock fiesta instead ? It's being a long ish wait
Garjen
New

Post by Garjen »

It's arrived at the dealership today :D . Picking it up next week. Got to say that was fast from Emden to dealership.
Garjen
New

Post by Garjen »

I've picked up polo beats and what can I say. It's a step up from fiesta and bloody brilliant. Sound is awesome too.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Garjen wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 pm I've picked up polo beats and what can I say. It's a step up from fiesta and bloody brilliant. Sound is awesome too.
The wait is almost over. Be sure to post some pictures up once you’ve taken delivery. :)
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Garjen wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 pm I've picked up polo beats and what can I say. It's a step up from fiesta and bloody brilliant. Sound is awesome too.
A picture would be nice.
Garjen
New

Post by Garjen »

Leif wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 am
A picture would be nice.
I'm not sure how to add one , it says file too large. ? Any ideas