New to VW and Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: New to VW and Polo

Post by Leif »

Garjen wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:45 am
Leif wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 am
Garjen wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 pm I've picked up polo beats and what can I say. It's a step up from fiesta and bloody brilliant. Sound is awesome too.
A picture would be nice.
I'm not sure how to add one , it says file too large. ? Any ideas
Make the file smaller. :lol: Can’t you find a free photo editor to reduce the pixel count?
Garjen
New
Drives: 2018 beats

Post by Garjen »

Ahhhhhh cools, will give it a go over the weekend!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

I am eager to see the beats again! : :)

I have mine on order and excited to receive it.

Any pros/cons of it so far? How's the sound system?
Garjen
New
Drives: 2018 beats

Post by Garjen »

phileep wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:19 am I am eager to see the beats again! : :)

I have mine on order and excited to receive it.

Any pros/cons of it so far? How's the sound system?
You will love it!
Pros,.

Easy to drive, no idea why the main reviews say it's not as good as fiesta. I would say it's easily as responsive , has more grip and is great fun to drive. I haven't noticed any lag. The feista ecoboost had a habit of kicking power in to early. Great for showing of wheelspin but not for leaving a slightly greasy t junction. The polo has not got this problem 😁 but still has plenty to give when u need it.

Inside space is fab, feels like a larger car.

The assist tech is awesome. Only driven 100 miles so far but can see that it's going to be a big asset. Specifially The front assist and speed limiter .

It just has an air of quality that I haven't found in a similar car.

Android auto

This is a revelation!! Never used it before and it's brill. Using googlemaps on offline mode and I'm going to get rid of my Garmin now.
Cons,

So far not many. the main ones are the boot. The beats does not let you drop the floor so the boot is smaller.

While on subject of the rear the top of rear bumper has gotten very dirty. It's going to be a difficult area to keep cleaning. I'm thinking of buying the chrome cover from dealer .

Inside unfortunately the top of dashboard and passenger side b Piller inside by seatbelt have suffer scratches prior to pick up. Dealer sorting. So watch out for this may be design issue.

Sound system... It's bloody fantastic. I have to say sometimes it can be a little to bass heavy and mid tones get lost but hey it's to be expected. If your playing music via Android auto it seems to need a turn up on the dial , this creates a shock when you return to CD or radio thtat Blair's out.
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

Garjen wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:16 pm You will love it!
Pros,.

Easy to drive, no idea why the main reviews say it's not as good as fiesta. I would say it's easily as responsive , has more grip and is great fun to drive. I haven't noticed any lag. The Fiesta Ecoboost had a habit of kicking power in to early. Great for showing of wheel spin but not for leaving a slightly greasy t junction. The polo has not got this problem 😁 but still has plenty to give when u need it.

Inside space is fab, feels like a larger car.

The assist tech is awesome. Only driven 100 miles so far but can see that it's going to be a big asset. Specifically The front assist and speed limiter .

It just has an air of quality that I haven't found in a similar car.

Android auto

This is a revelation!! Never used it before and it's brill. Using google maps on offline mode and I'm going to get rid of my Garmin now.
Cons,

So far not many. the main ones are the boot. The beats does not let you drop the floor so the boot is smaller.

While on subject of the rear the top of rear bumper has gotten very dirty. It's going to be a difficult area to keep cleaning. I'm thinking of buying the chrome cover from dealer .

Inside unfortunately the top of dashboard and passenger side b Pillar inside by seat belt have suffer scratches prior to pick up. Dealer sorting. So watch out for this may be design issue.

Sound system... It's bloody fantastic. I have to say sometimes it can be a little to bass heavy and mid tones get lost but hey it's to be expected. If your playing music via Android auto it seems to need a turn up on the dial , this creates a shock when you return to CD or radio that Blair's out.
Thank you so much!

I'm dead excited!

Just got a confirmed build date of 4th June :cry: was initially told a delivery date of around may. Now looking at the end of July