new GTI not available

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Rangersmith
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.4 GT

new GTI not available

Post by Rangersmith »

I want to buy the new Polo GTI but been told by more than one VW dealership that the DSG version won't be available for test drive until July this year. The branches I spoke to said this would be the case for all branches.
Ideally i'd like to get the manual version but thats not coming out until the end of the year.

Is this normal for VW?
seems like a very long time to wait for a test drive.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: new GTI not available

Post by SRGTD »

Sounds about right. The earliest a new Polo GTI could be ordered was early January and delivery is usually is around 4-5 months from date of order (assuming no delays). One of the forum members who has ordered one has been quoted 20-25 weeks for delivery;
clidds wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm I’ve just placed an order for an GTI+ with a couple of options and been quoted a delivery time of 20-25 weeks!!
There won’t be a large stock of right hand drive Polo GTI’s that are already built and waiting to be shipped to the UK; models like the Polo GTI are pretty much all built to order. So, if a dealer ordered a Polo GTI to use as a demonstrator around the beginning of the 2nd week of January. and it takes 5 months, it’ll be early-mid June before it arrives at the dealers. If they ordered later than this, then realistically you’re probably looking at July, as suggested by the dealer you’ve been in contact with.
nisis
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by nisis »

First Gti,s arrived in Finland this week, my car will be here at 21.2 :D hope you will get these soon.
http://www.vagarena.fi/index.php?topic= ... 628050#new
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Although, (and I only read this recently), the UK is one of the biggest markets for the Polo GTI for the whole of Europe.
Rangersmith
New

Post by Rangersmith »

Thanks for the info. Thats a shame.
I'm now considering the previous GTI. I found one used on VW website here https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/us ... dr-nxbg93j

I ran a check on it and appears to be outstanding finance on it.
Seems very cheap for having done less than 2000 miles.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

This Polo is at my local dealer, I think they have had it quite a while and clearly ‘reduced to clear’. Must be difficult to sell the old model with the new one waiting in the wings.
Rangersmith
New

Post by Rangersmith »

Thanks for the info and helpful advice

I think I will now wait until the manual version comes out later this year.
I will probably order the GTI (not + version) in black with the iron matt dash
winter pack, sat nav, full led lights

I'm not keen on the GTI+ because it comes with push button start. Security risk.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Rangersmith wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 pm Thanks for the info and helpful advice

I'm not keen on the GTI+ because it comes with push button start. Security risk.
There’s been lots of discussion the subject of keyless entry/push button start on various (VW and Seat) forums that I visit regularly.

Agree, there is a security risk, but if anyone is determined enough to steal your pride and joy - keyless or not - they’ll find a way to do it. A high proportion of cars these days are stolen as a result of the car owner’s home being broken into to get the keys, so non-keyless cars are also at risk. Whether you have keyless or not, a few simple precautions can help minimise the risk of you becoming a victim;
  • ensure you’ve got GAP insurance, but don’t buy VW’s own as it’s horrendously overpriced. There are cheaper GAP insurance providers out there
  • if you have a garage, use it to keep your car in when it’s at your home and you’re not using it
  • ensure your home security is up to scratch
  • invest in a visible security deterrent such as a Disklok
  • if you’ve got keyless, buy a couple of Faraday bags to keep your keys in to block the signal from the key fob being transmitted and picked up a would be thief
If I was considering buying a GTI+, would I spec keyless entry/start if it wasn’t part of the standard spec? No I wouldnt, but it also wouldn’t be put off buying one because it has keyless entry/start. In my opinion, the GTI+ is better value than the GTI. Admittedly, the list price is £1,500 more than the GTI (GTI; £21,140, GTI+; £22,640), but with the GTI+ you do get £2,850 worth of extra equipment for your extra £1,500;

LED headlights (£850)
front armrest with storage (£135)
rear tints (£275)
electric folding door mirrors (£160)
keyless entry/start (£310)
Light and Sight pack (£195)
digital dash (£325)
adaptive cruise control (£600)
Rangersmith
New

Post by Rangersmith »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm
Rangersmith wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 pm Thanks for the info and helpful advice

There’s been lots of discussion the subject of keyless entry/push button start on various (VW and Seat) forums that I visit regularly.

Agree, there is a security risk, but if anyone is determined enough to steal your pride and joy - keyless or not - they’ll find a way to do it. A high proportion of cars these days are stolen as a result of the car owner’s home being broken into to get the keys, so non-keyless cars are also at risk. Whether you have keyless or not, a few simple precautions can help minimise the risk of you becoming a victim;
  • ensure you’ve got GAP insurance, but don’t buy VW’s own as it’s horrendously overpriced. There are cheaper GAP insurance providers out there
  • if you have a garage, use it to keep your car in when it’s at your home and you’re not using it
  • if you’ve got keyless, buy a couple of Faraday bags to keep your keys in to block the signal from the key fob being transmitted and picked up a would be thief
If I was considering buying a GTI+, would I spec keyless entry/start if it wasn’t part of the standard spec? No I wouldnt, but it also wouldn’t be put off buying one because it has keyless entry/start. In my opinion, the GTI+ is better value than the GTI. Admittedly, the list price is £1,500 more than the GTI (GTI; £21,140, GTI+; £22,640), but with the GTI+ you do get £2,850 worth of extra equipment for your extra £1,500;

LED headlights (£850)
rear tints (£275)
digital dash (£325)
Cool! thats really useful information. Looking more likely i'll get the +
thanks verymuchly
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm

LED headlights (£850)
rear tints (£275)
digital dash (£325)
Agreed. I have ordered my SEL with keyless amid other options. I have had keyless from Sept 2005( Lexus IS220). currently a Nissan. I do admittedly live in a very low crime place, but I still drive to places like London & Nottingham etc and stay over night. I just made a pouch from foil and keep it in a draw with my spare fob in it, when I get home I just drop my every day fob into the foil bag. Its not hard to do once you get used to it. As I say I have done this for years so I am used to it. There is one additional benefit and that is I never misplace my car fob, I always know exactly where it is. on top of that I find the keyless access so useful, when my arms a full of stuff or I can keep my fob in a back pack when I'm out and about and I don't have to rummage around to find it I just get in the car and go. Great when its raining or dark, which it is in the UK a lot. Ok go on then, If I'm really truthful I also like pushing the start button to get the noise going :D its the child in me :roll:
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I like Diskloc, maybe remember to order a sleeve for it as well, the one to protect the leather steering wheel rim, the storage bag is crap as it seems to have Velcro on its under side, so when you get a bit annoyed, you end up ripping the cheap plastic material of the storage bag, could be better made!

Edit:- I also like my OBD Lock/Blocker.