I’ve joined to club too

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

I’ve joined to club too

Post by erxrx »

Morning everyone.

I’m Erik. New to the forum. Been a VW fan ever since I’ve started driving, probably even longer than that. Glad to be part of a group of like minded people..

Just thought I’d see if anyone else is in the same situation.

Ordered the New polo in early January. 95bhp, 1l tsi model. Fairly standard in terms of optional extras apart from the winter pack, convenience pack and cruise control. Oh, and diamond cut wheels.

Couple of days after I placed the order I got my tracking number, downloaded the VW app, put all the details in, and it said “with the factory”, which is fair enough. When I spoke to the dealer, he did say that the lead times are about 19 weeks and we set the provisional date to mid May.
Now my question - is anyone else’s order still at the “with the factory” stage? I’ve read some people on here have already got a confirmed build week, and so far I’ve got f all.

I’m sure this isn’t anything to stress about, but just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same situation.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Re: I’ve joined to club too

Post by WillWord »

Welcome to the forum, I ordered early January, and got my build date after about 2 weeks, mine is build week commencing 19/3/18, the wait continues.
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

WillWord wrote:Welcome to the forum, I ordered early January, and got my build date after about 2 weeks, mine is build week commencing 19/3/18, the wait continues.
So you’ll be getting you one quite soon! What configuration did you get?

I wonder why my order is taking so long to even confirm w build week. I hope it doesn’t go to the later part of the year..

WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

o SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS 7-speed DSG
o White Silver (Metallic)
o 16" 'Las Minas' Dark Adamantium
o Electrically foldable door mirrors with heating and lowering function
o Rear tinted glass
o LED Headlights
o Keyless entry
o Pre-crash preventive occupant protection
o Rear view camera
o Blind Spot Detection
o Active info display
o Dash Pack Orange
Orange dashpad to brighten up the interior, fingers crossed it looks okay (to late now)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

WillWord wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:28 pm
o Rear tinted glass
o LED Headlights
o Keyless entry
o Rear view camera
o Blind Spot Detection
o Active info display
o Dash Pack Orange
Orange dashpad to brighten up the interior, fingers crossed it looks okay (to late now)
Nice spec, which actually pushes you into GTI+ territory, from a list price perspective. I know it’s not for everyone, but did you consider the GTI+? Are you sure you can have the orange dash pad with White Silver paint? This doesn’t seem to be an option in the Configurator on VW’s website if you choose White Silver, although it’s not unknown for the Configurator to be wrong.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 pm
o Rear tinted glass
o LED Headlights
o Keyless entry
o Rear view camera
o Blind Spot Detection
o Active info display
o Dash Pack Orange
Nice spec, which actually pushes you into GTI+ territory, from a list price perspective. I know it’s not for everyone, but did you consider the GTI+? Are you sure you can have the orange dash pad with White Silver paint? This doesn’t seem to be an option in the Configurator on VW’s website if you choose White Silver, although it’s not unknown for the Configurator to be wrong.
GTI+ not for me, plus with the extras on my car it adds another £2K onto the GTI+ list price. Dealer after a weeks worth of emails confirmed he was able to place order with Dash Pad, I know its on VW online Price list but not on the configurator, but it was on the dealers, intresting to see if it arrives as specced.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

erxrx wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:58 am Morning everyone.

I’m Erik. New to the forum. Been a VW fan ever since I’ve started driving, probably even longer than that. Glad to be part of a group of like minded people..

Just thought I’d see if anyone else is in the same situation.

Ordered the New polo in early January. 95bhp, 1l tsi model. Fairly standard in terms of optional extras apart from the winter pack, convenience pack and cruise control. Oh, and diamond cut wheels.

Couple of days after I placed the order I got my tracking number, downloaded the VW app, put all the details in, and it said “with the factory”, which is fair enough. When I spoke to the dealer, he did say that the lead times are about 19 weeks and we set the provisional date to mid May.
Now my question - is anyone else’s order still at the “with the factory” stage? I’ve read some people on here have already got a confirmed build week, and so far I’ve got f all.

I’m sure this isn’t anything to stress about, but just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same situation.

E

Placed my order 29th Jan and got a build date of W/C 9 April.
I ordered
SEL 1.0l 115 DSG 7 speed. In std grey. with std SEl alloys.
Options ticked.
adp cruise
keyless
drive mode
blind spot
park assist
occupant crash protect
digi dash
winter pack
rear camera

GTI not for me I would have looked seriously at the 1.5 evo engine though but I'm not going to wait until later in the year.

I expect to get mine in about mid late May.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

WillWord wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:30 pm

o Rear tinted glass
o LED Headlights
o Keyless entry
o Rear view camera
o Blind Spot Detection
o Active info display
o Dash Pack Orange
GTI+ not for me, plus with the extras on my car it adds another £2K onto the GTI+ list price. Dealer after a weeks worth of emails confirmed he was able to place order with Dash Pad, I know its on VW online Price list but not on the configurator, but it was on the dealers, intresting to see if it arrives as specced.
Any update on your cars arrival?
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

mike sel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:23 am
WillWord wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Any update on your cars arrival?
I thought I posted an update on Thursday but obviously I did not.
Current situtation is it arrived at Emden on the 17th at 00.01 so it took 21 days at sea from South Africa to Germany, just another waiting game to see how long it takes to get its Quality control check and set sail to England.